Replaying 3H Maddening: Rate my team

So I’m going to be replaying FE3H again shortly, once I finish my current Easy run to grind up skills for the Golden Deer. I plan for this to be my headcanon run.

Here’s what I’m looking at for my Black Eagles Strike Force:

Byleth

Myrmidon > Mercenary > Hero > Enlightened One

Pavise
Aegis
Sword Crit+10
Lifetaker
Sword Prowess

Edelgard

Soldier > Armored Knight > Fortress Knight > Emperor

Vantage
Axefaire
Axe Crit +10
Defiant Crit
Wrath

Chalice of the Beginning

Hubert

Mage > Dark Mage > Dark Bishop

Dark Tomefaire
Reason Prowess
Bowbreaker
Lifetaker
Lethality

Ferdinand

Soldier > Cavalier > Wyvern Rider > Wyvern Lord

Lancefaire
Lance Prowess
Swordbreaker
Axe Prowess
Weight -5

Linhardt

Monk > Priest > Bishop > War Monk

Fistfaire
Brawl Prowess
Renewal
Movement +1
Faith Prowess

Caspar

Fighter > Brigand > Hero > War Master

Axe Prowess
Brawl Prowess
Death Blow
Hit +20
Weight -5

Bernadetta

Fighter > Archer > Assassin > Bow Knight

Bow Prowess
Uncanny Blow
Hit +20
Darting Blow
Bow Crit +10

Dorothea

Monk > Mage > Warlock > Dark Flier

Reason Prowess
Bowbreaker
Black Magic Range +1
Darting Blow
Renewal

Petra

Myrmidon > Pegasus Knight > Swordmaster > Falcon Knight

Sword Prowess
Swordfaire
Darting Blow
Axebreaker
Desperation

Jeritza

Soldier > Cavalier > Paladin > Death Knight

Distant Counter
Wrath
Vantage
Lance Crit +10
Swordbreaker

Leonie

Fighter > Pegasus Knight > Assassin > Falcon Knight

Lance Prowess
Darting Blow
Hit +20
Movement +1
Swordbreaker

Marianne

Monk > Priest > Bishop > Dancer

Swordfaire
Sword Prowess
Faith Prowess
Alert Stance+
Renewal

Lysithea

Monk > Mage > Warlock > Valkyrie

Fiendish Blow
Reason Prowess
Bowbreaker
W. Tomefaire
Faith Prowess

Mercedes

Monk > Priest > Bishop > War Cleric

Fistfaire
Brawl Prowess
Fiendish Blow
Renewal
Faith Prowess

Aura Knuckles

Ashe

Fighter > Archer > Sniper > Bow Knight

Bow Prowess
Uncanny Blow
Hit +20
Weight -5
Bow Crit +10

Felix

Myrmidon > Mercenary > Swordmaster > Mortal Savant

Sword Prowess
Axebreaker
Lifetaker
Deathblow
Weight -5

Sylvain

Soldier > Cavalier > Paladin > Dark Knight

Lancefaire
Lance Prowess
B. Tomefaire
Swordbreaker
Weight -5

Alois

Warrior > War Master

Axefaire
Axe Prowess
Hit +20
Lancebreaker
Axe Crit +10

Yuri

Myrmidon > Thief > Assassin > Trickster

Swordfaire
Sword Prowess
Duelist’s Blow
Axebreaker
Movement +1

Constance

Monk > Mage > Warlock > Dark Flier

B. Tomefaire
Reason Prowess
B. Magic Range +1
Fiendish Blow
Bowbreaker

It’s not my first playthrough through Maddening, so I know what to expect. That’s why most everybody has a Breaker skill of some kind.

That said, how do you guys think I should tweak my plans for my headcanon playthrough of Crimson Flower?

3 Likes

:feh_navarreculture: :feh_marismile:

I approve. Mostly. Personally, I think Marianne should be fighting with only magical swords as a forged Levin Sword can get a range of 3 which will definitely help later. So I would take out Faith Prowess for for Sword Avo+ 20 to let her be more battle viable, especially if you let her wait to activate Alert Stance+ and dodge tank enemies.

Also, since you’re making her the dancer, if you’re able too try and let her dance each turn from 1-10 (as that’s the max) and is the best source of constant exp (at least from my experience playing 3H). I apologize if you already know this or not planning of doing grinding like this.

I… kinda don’t have anything else to say. Sorry for not giving more feedback.

3 Likes

Then we’re almost on the same page. I was thinking Blutgang.

Sword AVO would be a good option, but I was looking for something as a contingency for when she’s caught with a spell equipped. She’ll still be acting as a healer as well (hence, why she’s levelled through the Bishop line until becoming a Dancer), just not the primary healer, so Faith Prowess adds that little bit of evasion while she has a Faith spell equipped. If she were going to be using swords exclusively, then I would agree with you 100%, no questions asked.

I could potentially switch Renewal - or better yet, Alert Stance - for Sword AVO, though. Alert Stance would probably be the better option, since it relies on her not doing anything.

2 Likes

Alright, I understand that. Then I would say switch out Renewal, especially when she isn’t your main healer and not to mention other options such as Goddess Rings or Vulneraries/Concoctions if you really need to take a turn to heal. And while Blutgang is certainly a strong weapon (my favorite relic personally, and not just because Marianne wields it) I think at least one Levin Sword would benefit her as they are replaceable and easier to repair than relics; not to mention you can get one from the shop right away if I’m not mistaken.

Personnally I give every male unit the QR skill of the warmaster in maddening for 2 things : it’s almost impossible to outspeed them so doubling is nice, but the most important thing : it prevent ennemy double. Making your units way more resilient vs all thoses omegaspeedy ennemy

Otherwise Maddening isn’t that hard outside of 2-3 things so… Do whatever you want!
Hell I did it in maddening with a flier only team! That was awesome!

3 Likes

I know that enemies are almost universally too quick to double, but I did not know that Quick Riposte nulls followups. That effect isn’t listed in the skill description. You sure it does that? So I should eplace the Weigjt -5 skills with QR?

3 Likes

Yeah FE3H didn’t tell a lot of thing, like how str reduce your weapon weight, and how QR deny ennemy double. Try it you’ll see

It’s honestly my sample in any maddening run when I don’t want to bother with ennemy spd

3 Likes

I knew about STR reducing weight - which makes sense, if you think about it. Heavier objects are easier to wield for stronger people. I did not know about Quick Riposte denying followups.

That is very good to know.

3 Likes

I’ve learned it after seeing my dirt slow tank with QR taking only one hit from multiples ennemies who could double him on my 2nd run.

Why did they have to “hide” so many effects? For making us search for them? I highly doubt of that.

And thanks to this, males got one of the most OP skill… Why did they have to forbit Female to have warmaster? Hilda is BORN for this class ! Why couldn’t they do like Fates? When every gender could have potentialy any classes?

And for real, I would have loved a possibility to make your own custom class,aka choose stats bonuses, skills and mvt with bonuses and maluses depending of what you choose (like picking cavalry or flying mvt give you less stats bonuses, etc…)

3 Likes