Resplendent Robin's neck is okay

Am I the only one who sees nothing wrong with his neck? Like really, his art is so cool and all I see are negative comments about it. I just think his crazy clothes are covering the trapezius muscles in a way that makes the neck look longer?? Here are some pics to show what I mean… the anatomy seems okay? What do you think?

(its a quick sketch so sorry if it looks a bit off lol)

12 Likes

you draw pretty well, and the resplendent is okay.

6 Likes

His neck was never a problem for me. The only issue is his face looking photoshopped.

1 Like

His proportions are fine, but that outfit (mainly the contrast in colors) isn’t doing him any favors. It’s like an accidental, and unfortunate, optical illusion.

6 Likes

Yeah it’s just the way the collar(?) is that makes it look off

12 Likes

I don’t know if it’s just me, but I found his neck normal when you drew over his art (second picture). But definitely not when I just look at the normal art… I think it’s because of the shoulders or just like Krazytre said : it looks like the face got photoshopped on the neck which feels weird… But you drew it really well!

5 Likes

yeaaah exactly! that’s the term i was looking for, an optical illusion :( it’s sad, tho I still like it

2 Likes

This isn’t photoshopped I believe.

hmm yeah I can see what you mean there, I think the black collar thing on his neck is going too far up his neck, like they should have showed a bit of skin under his neck to show the connection, I think it would have fixed the optical illusion

Comparing picture 1 and 2, I still think the lines you drew over his picture slightly exist in the space between his jacket and his… Whatever that is. In other words, it’s closer to normal than it first appears, but now it looks more like his jacket is hovering about half a foot above his shoulders.
I do still think the collar is the most major problem.

yeah I think it’s like Annie here said, the clothes make a weird optical illusion there, and like I said before if the black collar didn’t go too far up his neck it wouldn’t look like photoshop, they should have showed a bit of skin under his neck to show the connection of neck/head :( I see what the artist was trying to do tho, it’s sad bc I actually like it! and thank you so much lol

2 Likes

aww thank you!!

2 Likes

lool noooo stooop

2 Likes

hhmm well it’s a hoodie, it kinda big and thick idk, fabric stuff, your jackets aren’t tight are they?

1 Like

Tight, no, but they do rest on my shoulders instead of being held up above them by some magical force~

1 Like

looool okay yeah, it was just a quick sketch to try and understand what the artist did there, maybe his shoulders should be higher up in my sketch? but now I can’t unsee what u said lol, tho some fabrics do behave in a weird way and I can see his weird jacket doing that. Anywaaays thanks for ur opinion! I still like the art :’)

1 Like

Yo this was a neat analysis to draw him out like that lol

I don’t have a problem with him. I have a problem that I “have” him as a resplendant and I don’t know how to use him. He just sits there.

1 Like

oh thank you!! haha

Oh he is fun to use and should be an easy +10! you could +10 him and give him flowers if you care enough and have the resources, he has really nice stats after the resplendent upgrade, and you should have many copies of him at this point lol I haven’t even bought the feh pass yet(imma do it soon) and I haven’t given him all the flowers, and I plan on summoner support him so he is gonna have so many extra stats on top of his already good ones! he is pretty defensive and that’s nice