Returning after a year-long pause

Hey everyone! I’m a day 1 player who decided to take a break just before book 3 and today I kind of felt that the time is right to install the game again. I was also a regular here on GP, although I don’t know if people who were here before still remember or even if they are still here and playing.

The amount of new stuff for me is kind of overwhelming (aether raids, mjolnir whatevers, pair up battles and those flowers, mythic heroes).

I kind of wanted to ask, if anything changeed in the game in regards to the general playstyle. The basis for an f2p used to be, to just get the best arena scoring team from available units and use it to gain as many resources as possible from the various game modes. Does it still apply?

Because from what I have seen, my old arena core (+10s Marth, Odin, Soren and Nowi/bonus unit) still work even against the new and more powerful units in arena, but do you think these old f2p heroes could be still viable in the recent nightmare maps in ghb/lhb?

I will read up guides about the new modes like aether raids and such, but any tips regarding these are definitely welcome.

32 Likes

Hey, you’re back!

6 Likes

THIS IS NOT REAL, GUTS IS BACK WTF?

AM I DREAMING??? HELP ME I’M DYING

21 Likes

I’ll slap you Lain!

15 Likes

Oh, welcome back!

I’ve heard a bit about you from our older members cough cough Lain

Fundamentally, yes you are supposed to get a lot of different resources via the game modes, however Aether Raids impacted quite a bit in terms of gameplay and team composition, especially with the Advent of Mythic Heroes and especially L!Azura.

Usually people run LHB/MHB maps with 3 Dancers + AOE nuke hero (Ophelia, Celica, etc), however you may be able to clear them with your current team, and if not, there are always F2P options available.

6 Likes

I’m kind of surprised that I managed to make a lasting impression in this forum. Even this forum design is new for me…I remember the janky q&a section that was built into the actual feh gp site. I guess I fulfill the definition of a FEH boomer.

Thanks for the tips tho. I’ll make aether raids my main focus now.

16 Likes

I’m just an illusion Lain…just like a new chapter of Berserk.

13 Likes

I remember the good old Q & A aswell. Good old times, as things were not as complicated as they were now.
Welcome back by the way.

4 Likes

Thank you. Yeah, this is certainly more reddit-like with its topic and subtopics, but it seems to serve its purpose.

5 Likes

Noooooo!!! Screams in Hiatus!

5 Likes

Dude the old QnA was janky, but fun in its own way.

As for advice. Aether Raids is pretty good, Arena is still important, so having and getting orbs is always good. But Aether raids is a rather good thing to invest into. Mostly for the Grails (merges and fodder).

Good luck and welcome back!!!

7 Likes

Hey there! I remember you from the old forum and I agree that it was fun, I hope that this new design kept the fun part.

And yeah, Grails look like the most desired resource to me now, because I missed so many cool free heroes like a 100th copy of Camilla which I need to have for some weird perverted reason and I also need Naesala to actually have at least a single beast in my army.

Hopefully book 4 will be a good one!

4 Likes

Hello! :feh_hridexcited:

pretends to know you

13 Likes

You’ve actually no clue how much you made my day with your return now srsly
The new “Q&A” isn’t as good as the old one, but hopefully you’ll enjoy your stay and we get to write more.

11 Likes

The fact that you even remembered me from the old days made my day as well. Glad to see that some people, that I knew from before stayed here on GP. It will take some time getting used to this forum design, but I’ll definitely check back regularly!

7 Likes

Oh hi there Banraku!

pretending intensifies

10 Likes

to celebrate i will write haikus:

hemlo welcome back

it’s me Alex_The_Destroyer

as my name was then

i hope you are well

now my name is sweetiepie

it’s snowing on mt fuji

12 Likes

Wow ! You seem to be a very well appreciated member of that “Q&A” period ! :feh_hridexcited:

Well, I’m Squalala and I’m here since two months and half so I’m quite a “newbie” in comparison.

Pleased to meet you and enjoy your stay here ! :feh_birbpeek:

7 Likes

Damn, the legendary Game grumps haiku method.

Never have I been better,
Now I see you evolve from a destroyer to a sweetiepie
It’s snowing on Mt. Fuji.

9 Likes

Still here, still playing. Welcome back

4 Likes