Rhyse and shine (slowly)

Yesterday I was very dissapointed in Rhys’ stats, but after seeing him again in TT+ and obtaining the 4* I’ve come to the conclusion that I still want to merge him. However, he cost so much that I will do it slowly, buying a copy or two each few months so my grails don’t get too hurt by his high cost.

I’ve already increased his rarity and he has eaten an OG!Elise to be a nice healing bot in this TT+. He’ll also eat the shitty summer Xander I got yesterday for IP and will be getting low rarity fodder, slowly too.

I know that he is not the best, but he is the cutest healer :dancer::sparkles: Is anyone else gmerging him? If so, what’s your plan for him?

16 Likes

I’m low-key tempted to build him… Don’t have any other Healers and his art is just really good. Still need a Tellius project. All those Grails though :catroll:

Hope he proves to be worth it.

7 Likes

Yes, the grails are the biggest con, sadly. We also got the same amount of copies of Emmeryn for free and she doesn’t cost grails, which also hurts. But hey, I’ll try to make him worth <3

3 Likes

How dare you call him the cutest when there are so many healers cuter than him?

7 Likes

As cool as he is, I think he’s a pass for me. For his statline, I already have Mercedes (and I adore Mercedes). Outside of his statline, I also have Silque and W!Eirika. I don’t think I need a fourth healer to do what one of thr three I have already does.

2 Likes

It’s understandable to pass on him, I don’t have a real reason gameplaywise to merge him, it’s just that I like him.

3 Likes

Okey, I can accept a tie between him and those four, specially Brady and Deer Genny <3

1 Like

That’s as fair a reason as any. On the “I like them front,” as I said, he more or less fills the same role as Mercedes, and I jist like her better where I haven’t played Rhys’ game.
Functionally? Comparing this

to Rhys, I think I’d still have to go with Mercedes, even if I still need to get her an A/S Push.

3 Likes

Brady was the joke pick, but ok

1 Like

Nope, hard pass. Healers are not worth the steep Grail cost, and I’ve got several other Grail units I have my eyes on (Kronya, Itsuki, Brunnya)
Plus I have Lucius here who more or less serves the same role, especially once he gets that Staff.

4 Likes

Ups, I truly meant it

I’ll +1 him.

But his fodder is good and grails are not cheap and I’m still spending all my grails (and feathers :fgo_jeannu:) on Flashing Blade and Infantry Pulse fodder as it is. It’s really a shame :confused:

3 Likes

NGL, kinda jealous of that Mystic Boost on her instead of my Dazzling Staff. Not that she fights a lot on my team

3 Likes

I had an idea I might go for
Make him a fast boi

4 Likes

I admire the dedication, although his inability to run +Spd hurts him a bit.

You’ll be hitting 50-something effective Spd with full merges once everything is in effect, although I’m a bit iffy on putting a Rouse on a healer because they usually hang close to their allies.

3 Likes

True
I could probably get something better but rouse spd def is pretty accessible
Maybe spd wave :thinking:

3 Likes

I like this as a concept.

Given merges and a Duel he can run Sudden Panic and be a solid Arena support, unlike Nanna who is the other healer I’m considering. But she’s better in AR thanks to more range…

4 Likes

Nothing but staff fodder for me, already have a built Maria and Brady that do his job better.

1 Like

Gotta admire the dedication to him. Personally I saw his stats and his weapon and now I’m torn on whether or not to fodder him to Nanna or keep him for the adorable art. :(

3 Likes

Yeah man! RD is my jam! I love summer and infantry units are my fave! This boy is awesome. Gunna build him like this and have all the fodder. Anna gives ASF 3 and JDS, NY Selkie for Sabotage Spd, BVeronica for WFB. I have close to 7k grails so excited to actually build a unit! Only other one I did was Smolzura for Arena 1.5yrs ago.

6 Likes