Rise, Raid, Retreat

Work day morning, glance at my held gyms in town as I feed my rabbit and get ready for work, and who do I see floating over one of my Gyms: Skarmory.
Now, as I’ve been doing a lot of T3 raids I’ve developed a sort of Wanted Poster board in my mind of challenges I’m waiting to attempt. And right next to the poster of Gengar (Wanted: Dead or… Undead?) is a poster of that steel winged bird. So leave home a few minutes early, Raid that thing!
Weather: Cloudy/On-Site attempt
Team:

I did respect Skarmory enough to know that a Remote Attempt is likely way out of my league (and I had a Free Pass to burn anyways)
Result:
Brave Bird ate through my fire types. World map loaded back up, 30 seconds left before Skarmory leaves. Once more into the breach my friends! This time I loaded my Magnezones up front. Result:

You win this time Skarmory. But if I catch that blade winged buzzard in town while the sun’s out, I’m turning it into scrap metal.

Nice try. Don’t worry, Skarmory is one of the toughest Tier 3 raids without Weather Boost.

I recommend going with Electric-types (Specially Magnezone) if it has Brave Bird. A few of them can take him out as long they are level 35 or maxed out. Otherwise Fire-types can make the cut too. The order had to be this:

• Magnezone, Magnezone, Chandelure, Chandelure, Flareon, Flareon.

I’m sure you’ll get it next time. Don’t give up!

Now I’m glad I didn’t waste a raid pass attempting this earlier. I wasn’t sure if I could do it, and I guess this goes to show that I definitely would not have succeeded.

yep, it’s definitely easier when it runs Flash Cannon cause I can bring my Blazikens.