Ruptured Sky fodder

So these two showed up in the same circle and I’m wondering if it might be fate for me to give Edelgard ruptured sky

Curious to know what you guys think. Obviously noontime helps her maintain her HP conditions, but more than 25% health is pretty forgiving and shes such a tank she doesn’t take that much damage anyways so I feel replacing it would be ok. But I’m looking for some other opinions so lmk if you think it’s worth it.

Here’s her build for reference

1 Like

Why Ruptured Sky?

As someone that doesn’t really care much about the skill, I’m a bit confused on why it’s so popular outside of Arena. With her statline and prfs, wouldn’t she do better with a different Special?

2 Likes

It’s really not worth it. Ruptured Sky is frankly only useful for how well it scores in Arena. Most of the time its damage is comparable to Moonbow. The bonus damage to dragons and beasts is nice, but extremely situational. So unless you plan to whale for B-Edie, I’d save the fodder for an Arena core unit.

4 Likes

Ruptured sky is useful when fighting units with strong atk, beasts and dragons.
Relies on the enemy to have high atk.
fury 4 is better.

1 Like

Alright, I’ll save it for an arena unit then. And to answer your question @Krazytre, I like ruptured sky because of the low cool down and effectiveness against dragons (which is particularly helpful with units like W!Sothis). But I do agree that it is pretty weak, especially when compared to the other 500 sp specials.

Thanks for your input tho guys :slight_smile:

Or just keep it on f!Byleth and build her :fgo_casgilworry:

1 Like

Nah I have enough sword infantries. I might as well make use of her as fodder than let her rot in my barracks never to be used

neithet fury 4 not ruptured sky are very valuable skills to inherit. might as well find someone who could use both.

1 Like

I think any seasoned player has too many sword infantries to choose from. I personally wanted to build F!Byleth because I like her and she is still pretty unique with her weapon so I went for it.

1 Like

I mean, she has decent viability that most swordies don’t in her sword, and she can do infinite meme while still being effective

2 Likes

She’s a good unit don’t get me wrong, but I pretty much guarantee you she’ll never be used outside of maybe AA. I just don’t really need her, and shes not great ivs (and whatever trait fruits I can get are going to units I use a lot and have invested a lot into)

1 Like

personally, i foddered my random pitybreaker f byleth to brave lucina

1 Like

A +10 B!Edelgard would want Ruptured Sky for Arena scoring, but that’s about it. She would also do well with Aether or Galeforce in Arena, but retaliating with a special normally is nice.

2 Likes

As everyone’s been saying, an arena core lol. Quite frankly, RS works really well on any Micaiah iteration and DEphraim, as the special pretty much allows them to have quad effectiveness which is really potent. I gave my OG Mici RS for use in arena. With a ready special and Special spiral, she is able to take care of every cav/armour/dragon/beast on her own, and maxed winter Sothis is easily defeated.

2 Likes

I do have a special spiral Micaiah :thinking:

She’s only +3 but I plan on +10ing her some day since I’ve invested in her pretty heavily. I might end up giving her RS but I’ll wait and see if anyone else could use it

1 Like

Yeah man. Any Micaiah at +10 I’m arena with right skills can use it really well. Well… I’d say OG does the best job cuz dancer can’t score 750, but with B duel OG can, and only those two can use spiral.

Yeah I have MCorrin with infantry pulse, and IP on the Askr trio so she usually has a ready special to deal with all those special fighter armoured units/dragons that plague arena. Makes for usually a peaceful run lol.

1 Like

My B!Edlegard (+5 at the time) got RS + DC from a male Byleth. :smiley:

I’ll use her in arena, after i got her to +10. :smiley: (with one of the next banner, where she will show up :D)

2 Likes