Salamence in masters?

So I have a Salamence I want to use in pvp, but I don’t know if it is good or not. Is it a good idea to use Salamence in master league?

Salamence’s moveset and stats are subpar compared to other dragon types in Masters.

Dragon Tail/Outrage is subpar?

Dragon Breath and Dragon Claw are better in PvP.

Oh, ok

Outrage hits like a freight train…if you can get it off. Dragon Tail got kinda nerfed in PvP.

Salamence does well as a counter to Dragon-type raid bosses, but in PvP, it’s very underwhelming. It doesn’t have great bulk and all its charge move options cost a lot of energy, so it tends to faint before it can really do anything.

Dragons that would perform much better in ML PvP include: Dialga, Giratina (both versions), Dragonite (with legacy moves DB/DC), Garchomp, Latios, and Latias.

Just a note for OP: most people who come from hard PvE have Garchomp with DT/O, and notice the same double weakness to Ice as Salamence, but there are 2 important reasons why Garchomp is stellar compared to Salamence in ML:

1. You don’t actually run DT, but Mud Shot / EQ+O for its amazing offensive coverage and energy generation.
  2. The combo of Ground offense and Rock resistance destroys some otherwise comfortable flying dragon counters, such as Melmetal, Tyranitar, Metagross and Dialga. Those are hard losses for Salamence, Rayquaza, Dragonite and Latios, but not for the mighty Garchomp.

In any case, Garchomp really works better in the late game when shields are down. That’s a huge difference with double legacy Dragonite or Latios when you are building the team.

I just did this as my 3rd legendary with 2 moves: Mewtwo 15a/14/15 shadow ball+ice beam; Dialga 15/15/14 Iron Head+Dracometeor.

Making a checklist about who/what to run from: always Mewtwo (with 2nd ice move) Giratina-Origin, Dialga, Malmetal, Steelix, Ice-Everything, Lugia, Metagross, Fairies…whoops, only 5 stardust

I know that feeling… just reached 0 stardust 2 weeks ago for the first time since Summer 2016 :smiley: !

I’m gonna do this too with my Masters Latios eventually.

Since you care enough to have one that you plan to put a big investment in, you already know, but psychic Latios is a top counter to Terrakion. Plus, it is very often windy here, so I can get some extra use out of it, if I decide to quickly clear gyms again.