Scum tactic

So call me a scum, but since you can buy orbs and then refund, could you buy a few hundred orb pack, then refund and basically get free summons? I know you would go into negative orbs but would it work? I mean I really don’t care what I do

3 Likes

using that you’d still use 100 orbs by going negative, you’d just have 100 orbs here and now.

2 Likes

It doesn’t work because of opportunity cost
Sure, you may have orbs when you need them and still keep your money, but the next time there’s something you want and you’re in the negatives, you’re forced to pay to even summon, so it’s not worth it at all

8 Likes

I mean I was thinking of doing it, but yeah if Shamir comes around I can’t summon her, I won’t do it, I’ll gain orbs like a normal person

If Shamir or Catherine wind up on a banner, my credit card is going to be on life support. not really, he’s nice and fat rn

2 Likes

Imagine trying to scam a company and trying to get away with it lmao

8 Likes

I’d love to see someone try this, then have their refund denied.

9 Likes

You used to be able to, but now if you refund orbs then they’ll be taken away. You can go negative from this.

4 Likes

gee I wonder why you can’t anymore

4 Likes

I mean no duh

3 Likes

My point was they had to change the game’s code to allow negative orb counts purely because people couldn’t be trusted to just be honest about refunds.
This has been your daily reminder that people suck

3 Likes

Just gotta look at these riots to know that now lmao.

5 Likes

Ugh don’t even get me started on that stupidity. The fact that law enforcement isn’t being allowed to stop it and that rioters are being allowed to burn cities to the ground is ridiculous

3 Likes

Isn’t the first time people used someone’s unfortunate death as an excuse to be morons. I wonder if they realize they’re only destroying their home areas, and that the police can always pick them up later after being identified. The peaceful protests, those are fine, and I understand why they’re happening. Looting and destruction benefits no one.

4 Likes

Let’s… not go there, please.

9 Likes

Tbh I don’t even get the protests themselves. I haven’t heard a single person say that man’s death was justified. And the cop(s?) in question was immediately fired and has been arrested and charged with murder.
So… what injustice is there to protest? A bad man did a bad thing and the justice system is bringing him to justice for it. In record time I might add. Video proof or no I can’t think of the last time someone got arrested and had murder charges brought against them within a week of the incident.
So if justice is being brought swiftly, and if everyone agrees with you that this incident was horribly wrong and should be punished and never repeated, then what exactly are you protesting?

2 Likes

It’s all racially motivated, unfortunately. They don’t care that he’s been convicted already, just that it was allowed to happened in the first place. I’ll never understand why people do what they do. It’s why I prefer animals, at least when they’re stupid, it’s adorable.

4 Likes

What happened to that man wasn’t the first time it happened in the USA (and many other countries), nor was it a rare occurance. To me, it’s odd that such a big protest didn’t happen sooner than it did.

Anyway, I’ll stop here, and I ask that you guys do as well. Discussions about in-game events like CYL get heated enough, I don’t think discussing politics here is a good idea, let alone in a thread that has nothing to do with it.

8 Likes

And animals feel a lot less stupid most of the time

1 Like

I personally think that the Police Brutality that has been committed over the last few days in response to peaceful protests about police brutality is much more upsetting than the looting and rioting which has happened. There have been many many cases, including in Washington D.C. just for Trump to make a photo-op statement outside of a church where he was not welcome, where police brutality occurred and was totally uncalled for.

To get back to @CommanderRyu’s question: I have noticed myself that booth google and apple are less likely to give refunds these days. I had a pretty legitimate reason for a refund from Apple, and they refused it, my buddy had a somewhat legitimate reason for a refund from Google (accidentally bought the same pack twice when he only wanted one) and they refused it, so it seems like they are cracking down on enforcing the policy against refunds in general more and more now too.

3 Likes