Sega abandons Arcade Business

All of the company’s remaining arcades will be sold to arcade company Genda Inc, which operates locations under the GiGo brand

Thoughts on what it means for FGO Arcade?

4 Likes

Hopefully it dies and FGO mobile gets it’s servants and stuff

31 Likes

Hopefully, but we need more confirmation

14 Likes

I wish they would expand it to consoles and tie it directly to FGO for cross-platform promotions or maybe even a unique gameplay mode.

Get it out of the Japan arcade ghetto or let it die.

18 Likes

Just make a steam version or add it to mobile

9 Likes

I hope not mobile, because it sounds like Genshin Grand Order. Don’t make me play that shit with my finger, but make it interesting enough that I might want to power on my console for it.

13 Likes

The story I read earlier said that Sega will continue to produce coin-ops, it’s only their arcades that they have sold. You are all writing FGO Arcade’s obit a little early.

6 Likes

That’s not an obit; it’s a wishlist.

19 Likes

It means absolutely nothing for FGOAC, because it’s their physical arcade locations which are being rebranded.

9 Likes

Guys, selling an Arcade machine isn’t the same as selling the games on it.

They’re not even shutting anything down, they’re literally just selling it.

7 Likes

It has nothing to do with the arcade machines, like it’s about the ownership of the physical locations
Of which FGOAC is not a Sega Arcade exclusive anyway

4 Likes

Kinda curious if this includes Joypolis tho

3 Likes

I think FGO Arcade exists to remind us of FGO mobile’s potential for longevity.

How the hell an arcade-exclusive game that is available only in Japan has been bankrolled for this long, I have no idea. It must either make more money than I imagine or it’s just another arm of the Fate franchise marketing campaign.

5 Likes

That’s even less impactful. Land gets sold all the time.

4 Likes

It’s pretty much just landlords changing hands

7 Likes

Maybe it was a sweet deal after covid idk.

4 Likes

It’s an honest to god mystery, like, from what I am aware it’s not even really a popular machine despite the IP
It’s also ridiculously expensive to play time wise, afaik you don’t but AP but actual time itself, so you can just spend X amount of money just playing around in the menus and not actually do any battling, but despite that it apparently also has hard caps on how much you can spend on it a month? I assume this is due to some gambling clause.

They’re really trying to push it but yeah…

11 Likes

Like how many SSR tickets have they given out now? I’m sure it’s more than 5

5 Likes

But Smooth, but the shiny fem Merlin printed card

There was literally a cartel for those

10 Likes

Oh do you know the story behind the shiny cards?
It’s very bullshit lmao

9 Likes