Sei Shonagon Discussion (JP Valentine's 2020 Servant)

I just wanted to discuss the new servant on JP, the brightly designed “Kira Kira Archer” Sei Shonagon. I’m interested to see where she goes in the current quick meta, as it certainly seems she has a place there.

In my opinion she shares a lot of similarities kitwise with Valkyrie:

• 30% 3-turn Quick Buff
  • 10% charge/turn (notable that it’s for party and not just self)
  • A 20% damage buff (party atk vs solo NP damage)
  • An evade for hard survivability.

Some notable differences between the two:

• She has lower base NP gain (0.57% vs 0.86%)
  • Her NP has a lower hitcount (4 vs 7) but her arts and quick cards have higher hitcounts
  • She has a crit buff and 10 instant stars which complement her class’ star weight, her passives also lean towards quick crits
  • She covers a lot of bases with her NP, supermods against Neutral servants, shadow, and Man attribute
  • She has a 20% NP Charge which is always good

It looks like it’ll require more setup for her to loop compared to top tier loopers but it doesn’t seem impossible on paper if Bride or Para are supporting her. She does have some support for party members, and maybe she could be a good option for more challenging content. I think it will be interesting to see where she lands in the farming meta and in CQ teams.

What are your guys’ opinions of her? Will she be the atalante with a higher attack? Will she be worse? Or is she going to be more than that? I’d love to hear what you think about her, and especially from those who have rolled and used her.

2 Likes

She can’t loop with double Skadi, that’s for sure, but maybe with Bride

1 Like

That’s what I thought - Waver, Para or Bride seem essential for loop setups with her. That 4-hit NP is painful.

Do you think she’ll be relegated to saber wave clearing or will the rest of her kit (looking at those quick crits especially) define her impact?

2 Likes

10% NP charge per turn for 3 turns similar to Abby, except instead of a NP Damage up it’s an ATK up and a regen (about 1k?).

1 Like

yeah 1k regen.

Her 20% charge is a nice bonus, also that crit buff on her S2 compared to the damage cut and debuff immunity (iirc?) leans in nicely to her passives which increase quick crit damage and quick star weight.

2 Likes

My skadi still needs skilled up (gonna focus on that tomorrow) but I might try her out with my Bride and double Skadi to see how she refunds there. Got a lot of embers to farm for her though and I need to double check my archer piece stock.

2 Likes

I’m out of Silver Archer monument oof

1 Like

Good thing the event shop have them

1 Like

Just checked and so am I. God dangit.

2 Likes

True, that’s gonna help a lot.

2 Likes

Why oh why is she AOE again? We already have lots of AOE 5*, mighty powerful one may I add, so we could have used a new good ST 5*. The only one we have so far is Archuria.

2 Likes

Ashwatthama is ST and he’s pretty powerful as well

1 Like

Yeah… we just had a welfare quick AOE archer when you put it that way as well xD

4 Likes

:white_check_mark: clown outfit
:white_check_mark: dabs
:white_check_mark: peace sign
:white_check_mark: Heian Era shitposter
:white_check_mark: lowkey but actually highkey a Vtuber

I love her

9 Likes

I like her 1st and 3rd ascension, her 2nd is meh

1 Like

Not sold, despite what I do like about her. Mercifully easy skip in the future. Splendid.

1 Like

But he’s a 4*.
I know we have great ST 4* Archer but I would like to see more options in the 5* roster. :fgo_pout:

1 Like

DW probably think that Orion is good enough

3 Likes

And he is don’t get me wrong.

2 Likes

True, he’s fairly new and mighty as hell :fgo_chadorion:

3 Likes