Selena vs Hapi (AR-D)

I find hard to think Selena doesn’t outclass her. Over 70 twice is better than a pre-charged iceberg. Is there a compelling reason to prefer Hapi?

5 Likes

Not really. One shotting meta died a long time ago, I find it extremely hard to believe Hapi will be that great on ARD compared to Selena :fgo_mordredthink:

3 Likes

It wouldn’t be a pre charged Iceberg unless she has outside help or QP since Iceberg is a 3 charge, with Slaying making it 2 and the built in QP already on her weapon making it start at 1

Other than that Selena is probably far better for AR-D since she can run Windsweep and we all know how that goes

4 Likes

Hapi can be pretty great on ARO at least… give her Windsweep and she can take care of Fedelgards more easily… tho the same thing can be said about Selena

4 Likes

I can think of a few compelling reasons.

Summary

Oh, you wanted gameplay reasons?
Well, double effectiveness can come in handy for AA or Abyssals, OHKO builds don’t need Windsweep so you can run canto (which she doesn’t need fodder for), and she has some magical bulk so she might actually tank some enemy mages. That’s all I got.

10 Likes

Having Pent as support would help tremendously for specials when using Hapi

5 Likes

Hapi with precharged ruptured sky might be death sentence for most of the dragon and beast cast. Fedel might survive with DR…maybe idk. Math is hard.

7 Likes

I don’t know how much comes across if you don’t know the language (and my compréhension is under 80%) but this will do for me 【FE/ファイアーエムブレム風花雪月】ハピ 支援会話まとめ【DLC/支援会話集】 - YouTube

Just not for AR-D.

3 Likes

Seeing that Ruptured Sky is based on 40% of a Beast unit’s Attack. Assuming that the Fedelgard is +0 +Atk -Spd with Solo A/D seal she has 77 Atk while transformed before any Mythic buff’s which would equal out to 30 Damage. With an effective 45 Res - Hapi’s and a neutral +0 has an effective 68 Atk (counting the -6 Attack from Fedelgard and not counting effective Beast damage) before any Mythic buffs.

If I did the math right it all should equal out to her dealing 33 Damage with Ruptured Sky through her 40% Dr which isn’t close to the ohko.

2 Likes

Selena AND Hapi in AR-D Ō_Ō :fire:

2 Likes

No Patrick no EVERYTHING is about Fallen Edelgard

1 Like

Assuming they’re both neutral with base kit and no merges, flowers, buffs, debuffs, or blessings, and Edel is transformed, I’m getting:

Hapi - 63 Atk, 94 after effective damage
(56 visible + 6 weapon + 7 Atk/Res Catch - 6 Edel’s weapon)
Edel - 64 Atk, 36 Res
(Atk: 58 visible + 9 Atk/Def Ideal - 3 AR Far Trace)
(Res: 39 visible - 3 AR Far Trace)

So with RS that’s (94 effective Atk - 36 Res + 25 RS) * 0.6 = 49 damage.
Glimmer would do (94 - 36) * 1.5 * 0.6 = 52 damage.
F!Edelgard has 45 base HP so either should OHKO.

5 Likes

My Japanese doesn’t really go past “konnichiwa,” but yes, absolutely. I didn’t really like her before seeing her supports, but now she’s one of my favorite characters.

1 Like

Actually you know what, I’m always looking at the number that shows that the DR ignores which is 33 instead of taking that and subtracting it from the normal damage that would have been dealt… shows that I shouldn’t do math when I’m tired

1 Like

Mood.

2 Likes

I feel Selena is just simple and useful.
Hapi is good, but a tad worse overal I feel.

If you use Hapi, you pretty much want Pent (or L!Hector) on your team. Without the precharge iceberg you certainly won’t reach high enough levels.
Hapi has with her weapon alone 45 res, reaching 50+ easily with more skills but let’s assume 50. So 25 damage.
Her attack stat meanwhile is 62 with weapon, add in about 13 from skills and a boon… 78.
So Hapi can attack for about 103. My calculations could be off, but even if I’m a lot more generous that’s not too amazing but it can oneshot some low res DR units, or fine res without DR.
Dragon and beast are very much dead most of the time though, while I can see Selena struggle with F!Edel.

I would kinda like something like a atk/def blow that allows a unit to ignore DR but only if they attack once, that could help a group of units that really struggle now.
But then you’re screwing over another group so not really ideal anyway.

3 Likes

I mean, it’s not like I’m bad at math or anything, it’s just that if I do it when I’m tired I make small mistakes sometimes Which is why I failed every math class in highschool, because I’m always tired

So talking about Selena

So since I’m a dumb dumb, I go for every Celestial Stone so I went all full circles on the banner with the 5 tickets, and since I summoned 4 copies of her during my pulls (the only 5* unit I even summoned if I’m not mistaken actually) I decided to free summon her also just to get a bit closer to that +10

3 Likes

But That fodder. Dual Rally + LD4.

xD

2 Likes

Eh L&D4 isn’t really on my priority list atm, and the units that wants it already has it

3 Likes