Servant Design Thread

My idea for a Servant design contest didn’t get off its feet, but I’ve enjoyed my attempts at Servant design, and other people seemed to enjoy it too, so I’ve decided to make a dedicated thread to keep track of all of them. I’ll post new ones as they come, but also copy them up at the beginning of thread for ease of access, subdividing into Historical, Mythical, Fictional, and Nasuverse (Fate, Tsukihime, KnK, etc) Servants. Here’s the template I’ve designed if anyone wants to try their own hand.

Name:

Rarity: ★★★★★

Class:

Card Spread:

Noble Phantasm Name:
Card Type:
Damage Type: ST/AOE/Support
Effect:

Skill 1:

Skill 2:

Skill 3:

Passives: (optional)

First Saint Graph

Second Saint Graph

Third Saint Graph

Final Saint Graph

Costume Dress (if any)

5 Likes

Historical Servants

MURAMASA

Summary

Name: Senji Muramasa

Rarity: ★

Class:

Card Spread:
imageimageimageimageimage

Noble Phantasm Name: Tsumugati Muramasa EX
Card Type: image
Damage Type: ST
Effect: Increase your NP Strength (1 turn); Apply Death to yourself (can trigger Guts). [Demerit]; Increase damage dealt (increases with overcharge)

Skill 1: Blacksmith EX - Increase Attack for all allies (3 turns). Increase own NP gauge. Apply Standby status for yourself (1 turn). [Demerit]

Skill 2: Mobile Workshop EX - Reduce all allies’ skill cooldowns by 1 except yourself. Increase skill cooldown for yourself by 1. [Demerit]

Skill 3: Sword Creation EX - Increase Buster Card effectiveness for an ally (3 turns). Increase Critical Strength for an ally (1 turn). Gain critical stars.

First/Second/Saint Graph
(first is without the cloak, second adds it)
Third Saint Graph
(adds the trace lines)
Final Saint Graph

Costume Dress

BOUDICA

Summary

Name: Boudica

Rarity: ★★★★

Class:

Card Spread:

Noble Phantasm Name: Blood Vow of the Iceni
Effect: Remove DEF buffs (Activates first). Inflict Curse for all enemies (5 turns). Increase damage against Roman enemies (increases with overcharge)

Skill 1: Queen of Vengeful Victory - Increase Attack for all allies (3 turns). Applies [Roman] to all enemies.

Skill 2: Battle Continuation - Apply Guts to self (1 time, 5 turns). Increase DEF (3 turns).

Skill 3: Andraste’s Anger - Increase Buster Card effectiveness for all allies (3 turns). Increase NP Gauge for all allies by 10%.

First/Second/Saint Graph
(first is as is, second turns the white parts of her outfit black)

Third Saint Graph
Final Saint Graph

Costume Dress
N/A

RASPUTIN

Summary

Name: Grigori Rasputin

Class:

Card Spread:

Noble Phantasm Name: Eve of Revolution
Damage Type: Support
Effect: Decrease DEF for all enemies (3 turns). Inflict Curse (500 damage per turn) for all enemies (3 turns). Decrease Charge for all enemies by 1. Increase the NP of all [King] allies (effect increases with Overchage).

Skill 1: Charisma of Tsars - Increase your Attack (3 turns). Increase Attack of allies with [King] attribute (3 turns). Decrease the Attack of all allies and enemies without [King] attribute (3 turns).

Skill 2: Healer’s Hands (False) - Recover HP for an ally. Further increase the HP recovery if the target has the [King] attribute. Increase Max HP for an ally. Further increase the Max HP if the target has [King] atrribute.

Skill 3: Rasputian Death - Apply Guts to self (3 times, 5 turns). Remove Poison debuffs from self.

Summary

First Saint Graph

Final/Second/Third Saint Graph
The first is just the plain robe. Second adds the cross. Third adds the blue cassock(?)

Costume Dress (if any)
N/A

2 Likes

Mythical Servants

PERSEUS

Summary

Name: Perseus

Class:

Card Spread:

Noble Phantasm Name: Immortal Slaying Scythe, Harpe
Effect: Removes Guts (activates first); bonus damage to Divine enemies (increases with overcharge); inflicts HP effectiveness down for 5 turns (% down increases with overcharge)

Skill 1: Reflectance Shield - Apply Debuff Immune to self (3 turns) and Increase DEF (3 turns)

Skill 2: Underworld Mantle - Apply Target Focus to all other allies (1 turn). Gain Critical Stars.

Skill 3: Talaria Flight - Apply Evade (3 times) & Apply Sure Hit to yourself (3 turns)

First Saint Graph
Second Saint Graph
(removes mask)
Third Saint Graph
Final Saint Graph
?
Costume Dress (if any)

2 Likes

Fictional Servants

SEBASTIAN MORAN (Sherlock)

Summary

Name: Sebastian Moran

Class:

Card Spread:

Noble Phantasm Name: Shadow from an Empty House
Effect: Apply Sure Hit (activates first); bonus damage to Good aligned enemies (increases with overcharge); increase critical damage for 3 turns (increases with overcharge)

Skill 1: Marksmanship (Sniper) - Increase critical strength (1 turn). Increase C Star gather rate (3 turns).

Skill 2: Criminal Resources - Gain Critical Stars. Increase own NP gauge.

Skill 3: Focus - Increase Arts effectiveness (1 turn). Further increase attack for every Evil aligned ally.

First/Second/Third Saint Graph
Credit to: https://arielrothbart.tumblr.com/post/173853512861/ive-designed-a-sebastian-moran-in-fgo-myself
(first adds the sniper rifle, third the overcoat)

Final Saint Graph

Costume Dress
A Taste of Summer

3 Likes

Nasuverse Servants

CIEL (Tsukihime)

Summary

Name: Ciel

Class:

Card Spread:

Noble Phantasm Name: Seventh Sacrament
Effect: Removes defensive buffs (activates first); bonus damage to Evil and Demonic enemies (increases with overcharge)

Skill 1: Exceptional Potential - Increase own Arts Card effectiveness (1 turn).
Increase own Quick Card effectiveness (1 turn).
Increase own Buster Card effectiveness (1 turn).

Skill 2: Insatiable Appetite (Curry): Recovers HP for one ally. Remove debuffs from one ally.

Skill 3: Seventeenth Incarnation - Apply Guts to self (3 times, 5 turns); Apply HP regen per turn (5 turns)

First Saint Graph

Second Saint Graph
(no tattoos)

Third Saint Graph

Final Saint Graph
Costume Dress

2 Likes

Added Ciel and Perseus. I think my next targets will be Sebastian Moran (Sherlock), Avenger Boudica, Saber Muramasa, Ruler Georgios, and Rider Hannibal.

1 Like

Not much capable for creative aspect. I’d be happy if someone can go ahead with this concept. Perhaps an avid fan might do :D

3 Likes

Someone had to do it, I got kinda too creative with his np and I hope for some feedback (I hope i did it right)

Name: Emiya Shirou (UBW route)

Class:

Card Spread:

[Insert buster here because I accidentally deleted the image]image image image image

Noble Phantasm Name: Faker
Damage Type: ST/AOE
Effect: Use your targets noble phantasm against them.
(The animation would be “I am the bone of my sword” (Shirou’s version not archers) then the field of swords, Shirou says “trace on”, then this 0ff0fc03d1e6e4abbefd5051a51165511087bec0r1-200-200v2_uhq
and screen goes white and plays enemy np, except that their model is distorted)
[for non servants enemies, Shirou copies their charged attack with a distorted sprite like in nps, and the damage is tripled]

Skill 1: Rho Aias B++ (apply evade 4 times, a noble phantasm can pierce through every layer of the defense, but after the np is used and petals are destroyed, Shirou is invulnerable to the rest of attacks during the same turn)

Skill 2: Mana transfer B+ ([only usable if an ally has more than 25% of np] drain 25% of np from one ally and give it back (30% at lvl1, and 55% at lvl 10) to another ally (both giver and the receiver can be anyone in the team) )

Skill 3: Projection A+ (Increase own buster, arts, quick effectiveness by 30% (50% on max level)

Passive skills:

Magic Resistance C
Resistanceup\ 25x25 Increases own debuff resistance by 15%.
Reality marble A+
Artsupstatus\ 25x25 Increases own Arts performance by 11% after using noble phantasm.
(The whole map could also be changed to look like UBW after his np, but I’m not sure)

Independent Action B
Critdmgup\ 25x25 Increases own critical damage by 8%.

[I’m no artist but maybe these should be Shirou slowly getting more similar to EMIYA as he ascends?)
First Saint Graph

Second Saint Graph

Third Saint Graph

Final Saint Graph

Costume Dress (if any)
nope

[The whole distorted model thing could be just changed to Shirou’s regular sprite but I guess that would be too much effort on mechanical side, I also forgot to mention that the distorted model would take shape of enemy not Shirou, to make it work]

3 Likes

@ColourSpectrum Not really familiar with that title. Kind of outside my scope anyway. But maybe someone else will give it a shot.

@Pseudo_Weeb Interesting design. I like the idea of Shirou copying the enemy’s NP, but I think mechanically that would be hard to pull off. As for Rho Aias, I love seeing it used, but I can’t decide if the demerit offsets the incredible advantage it gives.

Anyway, added Sebastian Moran to Fictional Servants! I love him so much and would kill to see him appear in FGO with Moriarty. I’d whale for him, no questions. My Moriarty needs his right hand man.

2 Likes

This is just a prototype for now, I’ll probably edit it many times to make him better
As for mechanical side that’s why I added that the np would be just a copy paste but with person doing it looking distorted, kinda looking like angry mango
When it comes to rho aias I’m trying to stay relevant to the fate stay night, there it had 7 petals…
Hey! I’ve got an idea to nerf, wait a sec…
I’ll be adding passive skills now :fgo_astolfo:
Also, I’m not sure about his card spread, any suggestions?

I think BBAAQ seems pretty reasonable, although Emiya proper has a BAAAQ, so that would be a safe enough choice.

It will be fun reading servant creations.
I’m not feeling very creative at this moment but I’ve been musing about how Sekiro would appear.

Summary

Class: image

Card Spread: image image image image image
Presence Concealment B+
Independent Action A+

Noble Phantasm Name: Mortal Blade
Effect: Ignores defence
Deals additional damage to enemies with Guts (increases with Overcharge).
Removes healing effects and reduces healing effectiveness

Skill 1: Dragon’s Heritage - Apply Guts 1 time (2 at 10), special effect heal self when attacking enemies (lvl ) 3 turns

Skill 2: Ninjutsu B - Apply Evade and increase star generation

Skill 3: Shinobi Prosthetic - Increase Buster Card effectiveness 3 turns
Increase Quick Card effectiveness 3 turns
Increase Critical damage 3 turns

Tbh Ciel could get an easy dress as a homage as she technically is the first Type-Moon character to have a variable appearance.
I recall that you could choose if she should wear glasses or not in some of the scenes.

@Pseudo_Weeb
I like your idea NP idea but I kind of disagree with your skills.
The Mana transfer feels interesting but originally it was a matter of sharing Mana so I believe it would be more accurate if it would transfer NP gauge between servants.
It would be interesting if you could either drain another like Lambda or something like Parvati.
Fair warning if he’d be added with that skill I can imagine the doujin’s it would spawn…

Rho Aias feels like it could either work as a damage cut or even by adding a timer that reduces HP by perhaps 500 when struck to mirror the visual novel.

Oh, that’s a good idea! Adding her school uniform with glasses as a Costume Dress would be perfect.

That’s a nice idea. I also think it makes more sense as Invincible than Evade, really. So Invicible for X attacks, but then deal 500 damage after the attack to show the strain of holding the shield together under assault.

1 Like

There! I’ve updated the skills and added passive ones, now what do you think?
He might be a little too op at the moment but he is still far from being done so I’m waiting for more suggestions
I think that rho aias is nerfed enough

The idea to make a rho aias a actual skill is great but Shiro UBW his rho aias has 4 petels and not the 7 that should have because his first time using rho aias ,but could be rho aias B- or something and becoming the one with 7 with a strengthening quest

2 Likes

For real? I’ve played the vn quite some time ago and I remember that rho aias had 7 petals, if that’s true then I’ll change it to 4 evades and remove some nerfs

It has seven petals when Archer uses it against Lancer. It has four petals when Shirou uses it against Gilgamesh.

2 Likes

True rho aias have 7 ,the one Shirou Made the first time was 4 because was his first time trieing

1 Like

All right, that’s too convenient, now I’m off to edit it
Edit: Done, I think it’s balanced enough now

1 Like