Servant Design Thread

Rho Aias being destroyed in one go with NP feels like a nice way of balancing it along with it lasting 3 turns.
I get a feeling that would add up to around Fujino’s durability for normal attacks.

Haha, now I’m getting reminded of more of the routes with the updated Mana-transfer description.
I simply thought of Shirou and servant x trading but that could work as well.
He’s both been transfering and receiving so it could work.

How are you thinking of motivating Shirou having that skill?

An arts buff would be nice but I kind of feel that he wouldn’t be able to get that high rank considering his specialized skills, unless you are thinking of UBW being a “fake” territory .

About independent manifestation…
So lorewise Emiya Shirou never was a “proper” servant, so I thought that his UBW form of course wouldn’t be a proper one too so… Now that I think about it it doesn’t really make sense :fgo_casgilworry: I’ll look for something else

About territory creation…
I am indeed thinking of his UBW being this fake territory, now I have an idea I’ll make it my own skill, you’ll see soon

1 Like

I have changed the passive skill and noble phantasm with it, check it out
It makes sense now lorewise and is a good buff since he’s a SSR
Edit: I’ve thrown in independent action instead of manifestation for now, I’m thinking about something else though

1 Like

Changing the terrain and a field related passive. :thinking:
Adding field effects with skills are already implemented on JP so it wouldn’t be impossible (not sure if the background is replaced or not) but adding a passive like that is new and interesting.
The closest thing that comes to mind is Kiara’s anti-human /ruler passives.

I imagine the field change would last 3 turns?
Also as it has such a hefty restriction I imagine you could add Buster and Quick as well due to Shirou’s extensive aresenal

Heh, there is the Independent Action.

But Shirou alerady has Projection A+…
Wouldn’t a 3 turn field change after using enemy’s np with a 10% buff to Quick Arts and Buster be OP?
My original idea was that UBW would be only cosmetic and activate skill and stay for the rest of battle

Hmm.
True, he already has projection so that would be a bad fit and if it is simply a lasting cosmetic change then a permanent arts buff is enough.

Btw what would happen if he was fighting non-servants?

For non servant enemies, he would copy their charged attack, I don’t know yet what would the animation be but I’m thinking about it,
Maybe it would be the distorted model like in np’s just doing the attack but on enemies?
That would make him a horrible farmer though…
Maybe for the non-servant enemies the charged attack trace damage should be multiplied?
That might be it
Edit: I have updated shirou’s np for non servants

I guess I should post my new Servants out in the open before archiving them.

Name: Sebastian Moran

Rarity: ★★★★★

Class:

Card Spread:
imageimageimageimageimage

Noble Phantasm Name: Shadow from an Empty House
Card Type: image
Damage Type: ST
Effect: Apply Sure Hit (activates first); bonus damage to Good aligned enemies (increases with overcharge); increase critical damage for 3 turns (increases with overcharge)

Skill 1: Marksmanship (Sniper) - Increase critical strength (1 turn). Increase C Star gather rate (3 turns).

Skill 2: Criminal Resources - Gain Critical Stars. Increase own NP gauge.

Skill 3: Focus - Increase Arts effectiveness (1 turn). Further increase attack for every Evil aligned ally.

First/Second/Third Saint Graph
Credit to: https://arielrothbart.tumblr.com/post/173853512861/ive-designed-a-sebastian-moran-in-fgo-myself
(first adds the sniper rifle, third the overcoat)

Final Saint Graph

Costume Dress
A Taste of Summer

4 Likes

Wow, the art looks really good for a not official servant
I like the idea of evil defeating good, building teams around him would be fun
Edit: I think you should also add passive skills to your template

I know, right? I fell in love with the artwork (and just the idea of him as a Servant alongside Moriarty) and just had to try my hand at him.

I’d like to see him as the feature Servant on an event like Fate/Hollow Ataraxia merged with Demon’s Wail at the Prison Wall where every day you progress the story. You’d enter the event Singularity created around a Baker Street look-alike created by a strong grudge of some kind. With Sherlock and Moriarty, you arrive and are immediately sniped from across the street, but instead of being killed, you just wake up at the start of the loop and have to work out with Sherlock and Moriarty’s help how to get to the building on the other side without being killed. Every day you’d make it farther until the final day you succeed and get there to find Moran, who everyone assumes wants to kill Sherlock. But it turns out he’s really targeting Moriarty, pissed that he went good and abandoned Moran to join Chaldea. But after fighting him, you and Moriarty get him to stand down and join Chaldea instead. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

5 star welfare? As if :fgo_casgilworry:
For real tho, that’s a great idea for an event and I would love to play it
Now you reminded me about that 50% hollow ataraxia save I never finished lol :fgo_deadinside:

2 Likes

Nah, he’d be the featured banner Servant, rotating days to share with Moriarty and Sherlock. No welfare. D:

Thanks! I can always dream…

1 Like

Here’s the finished version of my Shirou (I guess)
Thanks for all the feedback, now I’m going to sleep :p

Name: Emiya Shirou (UBW route)

Class:

Card Spread:

[Insert buster here because I accidentally deleted the image]image image image image

Noble Phantasm Name: Faker EX
Damage Type: ST/AOE
Effect: Use your targets noble phantasm against them.
(The animation would be: “I am the bone of my sword” (Shirou’s version not archers) then the field of swords, Shirou says “trace on”, then this 0ff0fc03d1e6e4abbefd5051a51165511087bec0r1-200-200v2_uhq
and screen goes white and plays enemy np, except that their model is distorted)
[for non servants enemies, Shirou copies their charged attack with a distorted sprite like in nps, and the damage is x15]

Skill 1: Rho Aias B++ (apply evade 4 times, a noble phantasm can pierce through every layer of the defense, but after the np is used and petals are destroyed, Shirou is invulnerable to the rest of attacks during the same turn)

Skill 2: Mana transfer B+ ([only usable if an ally has more than 25% of np] drain 25% of np from one ally and give it back (30% at lvl1, and 55% at lvl 10) to another ally (both giver and the receiver can be anyone in the team) )

Skill 3: Projection A+ (Increase own buster, arts, quick effectiveness by 30% (50% on max level) for 1 turn)

Passive skills:

Magic Resistance C
Resistanceup\ 25x25 Increases own debuff resistance by 15%.
Reality marble EX
Artsupstatus\ 25x25 Increases own Arts performance by 12% after using noble phantasm.
(The whole map could also be changed to look like UBW after his np, but I’m not sure)

Independent Action B
Critdmgup\ 25x25 Increases own critical damage by 8%.

[I’m no artist but maybe these should be Shirou slowly getting more similar to EMIYA as he ascends?)
First Saint Graph

Second Saint Graph

Third Saint Graph

Final Saint Graph

Costume Dress (if any)
nope

[The whole distorted model thing could be just changed to Shirou’s regular sprite but I guess that would be too much effort on mechanical side, I also forgot to mention that the distorted model would take shape of enemy not Shirou, to make it work]

3 Likes

On the subject of Shirou, here’s my attempt at Muramasa. He’s basically a budget support Saber one can use to buff the team (and himself), then suicide out to be replaced. He’s more of a boss/CQ focused version of Arash, actually having useful skills to dish out before bowing out. I made him so low rarity because he himself said he barely qualifies as a heroic spirit.

Name: Senji Muramasa

Rarity: ★

Class:

Card Spread:

Noble Phantasm Name: Tsumugati Muramasa EX
Effect: Increase your NP Strength (1 turn); Apply Death to yourself (can trigger Guts). [Demerit]; Increase damage dealt (increases with overcharge)

Skill 1: Blacksmith EX - Increase Attack for all allies (3 turns). Increase own NP gauge. Apply Standby status for yourself (1 turn). [Demerit]

Skill 2: Mobile Workshop EX - Reduce all allies’ skill cooldowns by 1 except yourself. Increase skill cooldown for yourself by 1. [Demerit]

Skill 3: Sword Creation EX - Increase Buster Card effectiveness for an ally (3 turns). Increase Critical Strength for an ally (1 turn). Gain critical stars.

First/Second/Saint Graph
(first is without the cloak, second adds it)
Third Saint Graph
(adds the trace lines)
Final Saint Graph

Costume Dress

7 Likes

So my idea for Boudica was to build off her existing skills and names with a more damage-oriented focus. The trick to maximizing damage is to obviously pop her first skill before her NP, and I like from a character perspective that her rage and anger towards Rome starts to make her see everything as Achilles Roman.

Name: Boudica

Rarity: ★★★★

Class:

Card Spread:

Noble Phantasm Name: Blood Vow of the Iceni
Effect: Remove DEF buffs (Activates first). Inflict Curse for all enemies (5 turns). Increase damage against Roman enemies (increases with overcharge)

Skill 1: Queen of Vengeful Victory - Increase Attack for all allies (3 turns). Applies [Roman] to all enemies.

Skill 2: Battle Continuation - Apply Guts to self (1 time, 5 turns). Increase DEF (3 turns).

Skill 3: Andraste’s Anger - Increase Buster Card effectiveness for all allies (3 turns). Increase NP Gauge for all allies by 10%.

First/Second/Saint Graph
(first is as is, second turns the white parts of her outfit black)

Third Saint Graph
Final Saint Graph

Costume Dress
N/A

4 Likes

“Wrath, this servant is the embodiment of the rage of Peleus’ son Achilles”

Name: Achilles

Class:
Card Spread:
imageimage image image image

Noble Phantasm Name: Achilles Wrath
Card Type:image
Effect: ignore invencibility (activate first); deal bonus damage to Troy attribute enemies (increases by overcharge);deal ignore defence damaga to a single enemy
Skill 1: Unestopable Rage - apply guts to self(1 time, 5 turns) + increases Buster effectiveness by 3 turns

Skill 2:Akhilleus Kosmos - apply 3times invincibility by 3 turns + increase defence by 40%-60% by 3 turns

Skill 3: Battle of Troy - apply Troy attribute to all enemies + increases attack for allies + increases NP strengt to all allies

Passive skills
Mad enhancemed EX
Magic resistance C
Riding A+

First Saint Graph

this but without that part of armor
Second Saint Graph

This but Berserker
Third Saint Graph

The same but with blood
Final Saint Graph
this but Fate

4 Likes

Holy crap, I think this 4 Star Achilles vastly overpowers the 5 Star version.

1 Like

I rise him to 5 star?, And the Berserker theoricaly should be full power Achilles by his titanical rage

1 Like

Yeah, Achilles is a top tier heroic spirit. Nothing less than 5 Star seems appropriate.

Still, I’d reduce Guts to 5 turns and set Invincibility to 3 times at the most.

And I see someone took inspiration from my Add [Attribute] skill to all enemies + NP increase damage against said Attribute idea. :wink:

2 Likes

Achilles have battle continuation A like king Hassan ,and Akhilleus Kosmos is a the best shild between all heroic spirits ,but ok 3 will by fine