Servant Survey

Just curious to see what people think for a few of these questions.

For each class (bonus points if you do separate answers for 5 stars, 4 stars and low stars for the main classes), who is:

• Your favorite servant?
  • Your least favorite servant?
  • The best servant (feel free to separate into ST/AoE/Support if deciding is hard)?
  • The worst servant?
  • The servant you want a buff for most?
  • The servant that needs a buff most (if a separate servant from the worst or the above question)?
  • The servant that embodies their myth/legend/history most (from a gameplay perspective)?
  • The servant that embodies their myth/legend/history least (from a gameplay perspective)?

If you don’t want to answer them all then you can pick and choose and/or limit to a few classes if it’s too much, any answers are appreciated. I’ll have to think of my answers to these as well.

14 Likes

Brynhildr :fgo_medealove:

Much harder - I dislike the personality of some servants but like their design, or like their personalities but not design, so maybe Caenis? Don’t really like either but I’m can’t fully say she’s my least favorite.

GODDAMN MEDEA IS OP IN FATE LORE AND IS AN ORIGINAL CAST MEMBER WHY IS SHE SO BAD WHY DOES SHE HAVE NOTHING HER NP IS SO WEAK AND HER KIT SUCKS

Well, depending on if you fully mean irl lore or Fate lore we could have different answers to this and the previous one, so I’ll name Scathach and Fionn.

Scathach in history iirc was a lot of just being there - yes she trained Cu and stuff but I don’t remember her being nearly as god-tier as she is. However, Fate lore makes it very clear why she’s god-tier so I’m going to name Fionn instead.

Fionn should just be so insanely OP and have his better Fate/Zero design, fight me but instead he’s made into a salmon joke and even after multiple buffs he isn’t the best AoE Lancer, Arts AoE Lancer, or even 4* Arts AoE Lancer. With Percival I don’t think he’s even the best general pool 4* AoE Arts Lancer which is sad.

(Carmilla, Jack, or Vlad seem like they have gameplay pretty well in line with their lore though).

15 Likes
  • Your favorite servant?

Never been one to pick a favorite above all else. That’s like asking what my favorite food is, depends on the moment. Usually I have a few. Think I would pick Scathach, Astrea, Semiramis and Da Vinci

I don’t know if there is one servant I despise above all other, no wait never mind Liz. Liz in all her Liz forms seriously best part of summer 4 was carmillia running her over again and again.

• The best servant (feel free to separate into ST/AoE/Support if deciding is hard)?

I mean if I have to pick a best servant from gameplay prob Castoria she does so much work even if your not into looping and makes most arts servants amazing.

• The worst servant?

I don’t think there is a worst servant, most at least are competent to a degree. I suppose vlad lancer or Geronimo or any servant so forgettable that I have to be reminded are in the game

Medea, according the man who knows the best, Romani, she is one the top 5 casters that can be summoned period. She really deserves a chance to shine. Like even a little, or any hint that they remember she is in the game.

• The servant that needs a buff most (if a separate servant from the worst or the above question)?

Pick any servant we forget exists until they show up in the story and then proceed to do nothing, kinda like Nezha

• The servant that embodies their myth/legend/history most (from a gameplay perspective)?

Prob Cu or Herc. Both are fairly unstoppable murder machines in their myths and both are fairly unkillable in game. Neither are probably in the fate power tier they should be but the core of unstoppable force is there gameplay wise. And when we get to Cu story wise, poor man just never gets a break.

• The servant that embodies their myth/legend/history least (from a gameplay perspective)?

Probably all the real life servants like Geronimo or Blackbeard, fairly sure they didn’t have any of those servant powers in life. With heroes from Myths or stories they pass down and change so much its fairly easily to make them fit but historical domain characters kinda a different story

10 Likes
  • Your favorite servant?
    Ruler martha

Fergus

Martha ruler :fgo_kamagrimace:

• The worst servant?
    angra

Jekyl and rider martha

medea

Jekyll, vlad, robin hood…

Not sure

7 Likes

BerserCu.

Fairy Knight Lancelot

Castoria

Geronimo

Santer

OG Cu

Medea got nerfed

7 Likes

8 Likes

There’s a lot, so I’m just gonna do 3

1. Morgan
  2. Caren
  3. Arcueid

Moriarty

Same as my favorite servants

Saber Gilles

Bradamante

Same as above

6 Likes

5 star: Castoria
4 star: Summer Jalter
3 star: Cu
2 star: Hans
1 star: Arash

Kiritsugu

Castoria

Phantom of the Opera

Rider Medusa: Either upgrade her mystic eyes to be aoe and add a defense/+atk down or upgrade blood fort to be able to drain enemy NP gauge and get 10% extra battery for each enemy on the field. Given how popular she is and how she’s the 7th most grailed to 120 in JP it’s

Medea: Needs an NP upgrade so her Rule Breaker can deal normal damage. The excuse of her easy access to her NP isn’t a good reason to have it do peanut damage in this day and age. Plus a decent ST Caster is a niche 1-3 stars don’t have but can be easily fixed.

Stella does kill Arash after usage so I guess that’s pretty accurate to his myth.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say Odysseus. Compared to other Greek heroes like Achilles or Heracles he’s supposed to be the normal one without any divinity and thus more like an ordinary guy who needs to survive with his wits. Fate turning him into Greek Iron man makes him more over the top than every other Greek hero we’ve seen and it really makes me wonder how scary the monsters in the Odyssey were if they can threaten a guy who can fly, shoot lasers from his hands and has a humongous mecha.

9 Likes

do you mean gameplaywise and on my posetion? or just gameplaywise

Your favorite servant? Raikou
Your least favorite servant? Yagyu Munenori. I burn every copy of him I get. The dude is irredeemably evil in EOR 3. Just because the singularity is meaningless doesn't mean you can bring hell upon it.
The best servant? Castoria for support. She's BIS for farming and for non-stall CQ.
The worst servant? Of the ones I own, probably Maoh Nobunaga. No clue what Lasagna was thinking with her design. They obviously know how to create OP servants. How they managed to release a turd of a skillset is beyond me.
The servant you want a buff for most? Raikou. Maybe I'm just a tad biased.
The servant that needs a buff most (if a separate servant from the worst or the above question)? Skadi desperately needs a buff. The one they gave her was useless since her NP almost never comes into effect, CQ or farming-wise.
The servant that embodies their myth/legend/history most (from a gameplay perspective)? I'm going to cheat here and say most of the Greek servants embody their legends quite well. From a gameplay perspective? No clue.
The servant that embodies their myth/legend/history least (from a gameplay perspective)? Miyamoto. Not a fan of her character type. Wish we had the much more serious male Musashi.
3 Likes

:fgo_gudako:

2 Likes

This is surprisingly difficult. Used to be Gil (and sometimes Amakusa), but if I’m being honest, he has fallen off for me due to overexposure without anything nice thrown his way except for that very good animation refresh.

Arjuna Alter has my favorite male Servant design and animations. His unique brand of insanity and how the story portrayed him more as a force of nature didn’t do much to sell his character to us, but I do love the concept of most of the gods of India fused into one unstable, glorious body.

There’s no one I really hate, but Artemis comes close. She and bear Orion are a great team of VAs, but I am not a fan of her design, kit, or characterization.

Boring, but true for the next 2+ years: Castoria is unambiguously the best Servant in the game.

Almost every Servant has some kind of good use case, but there are many near the bottom. Gonna have to go with Angra Mainyu today for being a real pain-in-the-ass to use thanks to his joke character status.

OG Gil. Not because he’s bad, because he obviously is not, but because his s1 is so goddamn boring. No SSR should be left with a vanilla Charisma.

Too many to choose from, so I’m going to answer this question differently: Jalter and OG Jeanne desperately need sprite and animation refreshes. That’s the buff I want for them more than anything.

I’m trying not to say Heracles, but even though I don’t favor him in FGO, his branding is on-point.

In an odd case, I love the Fate series’ treatment of Amakusa Shirou Tokisada. Not because it has much of anything to do with the Christian martyr who died centuries ago IRL, but because it builds on Japanese pop culture iterations of him. Dead apocryphal saint = not so fun; chessmaster Christian magician = yes.

I’m sure there are better examples, but what the hell is up with FGO Semiramis having almost nothing to do with poison when her inspiration is noted in-game to be “the world’s first poisoner?” In Apocrypha she turns everything to corrosive poison, but in FGO she gets a lame, tacked-on poison DoT and no Special Attack or Super Effective damage boost.

13 Likes

Baobhan Sith

Spartacus/Darius and other grrr grrr zerker

Morgan

Geronimo

My favorites :stuck_out_tongue:

Qin Liangyu :breadsive:

4 Likes

Your favorite servant?

5 Star: Summer BB
4 Star: Lambdaryllis / OG BB (but Lambda barely wins out since she’s the easiest to slot into a team)
3 Star: Okada Izou - Kama unfortunately stole his slot as my favorite assassin, but he needs something outside of more costumes

Your least favorite servant?

Summer servants (with exceptions, obviously) - I think there’s a tasteful way of justifying Summer alters, and I think more recent ones are doing a better job on that part… But some of them are just ugh.

As for talk of ‘best’ or ‘worst’, I’ll leave the meta and gameplay discussion to the peeps who are more well-versed to that side of the game. But I would certainly welcome any and all buffs to characters I like (which is a stupidly narrow pool, but still)

4 Likes

as you wish

5*: Melusine
4*: Salter
3*: Bedivere
2*: Gareth
1*: Jason

5*: Kiara
4*: Lancelot (zerk)
3*: Gilles (both)
2*: Benkei
1*: Error 404

5*: Melusine(Biased) and Castoria
4*: Lancelot, Salter and Lan Ling(Totally biased line and with not time to remember all the SRs)
3*: Mandricardo, Cu Caster and Xu Fu
2*: Gareth, Chen Gong and Hans
1*: Arash, Sasaki and Mozart

5*: Sigurd
4*: Irisviel
3*: Gilles (any of them)
2*: Benkei
1*: Mata Hari

5*: Malter Followed by Nightingale
4*: Salter followed by Fionn
3*: Romulus followed by Kid Gil
2*: Hans followed by Hans
1*: Jason followed by Charlotte

5*: Artemis
4*: Fran
3*: Jaguarman
2*: Sanson
1*: Asterios

5*: Aquiles
4*: Yagyu
3*: Fuuma
2*: Paris
1*: Sasaki

5*: Da Vinci(Caster)
4*: Nursery rhyme
3*: Romulus
2*: George
1*: Arash(mainly because his skills don’t do what they should, most 1 star do a goo job )

4 Likes
Per Class

Saber:

• Ibuki/Beni

Archer:

• Zenobia/Chloe

Lancer:

• Mel

Rider:

• Da Vinki/Murasaki

Caster:

• Murasaki

Assassin:

• Kama/Shuten

Zerk:

• Ibuki/Toki

Avenger:

• Kama

Cancer:

• Arc

AE:

• Kiara

Foreigner:

• Yang/Abby(s)/Gogh

Yang/Abby(s)

4 Likes

probably still Rider Carmilla

Gilles

support Castoria, dps AA for CQs and spishtar for farming. ST probably super orion

Mango

Rider Carmilla

pamong characters I care about? Charlotte

Cu

not sure

3 Likes

pls buffmilla, she can’t even 4t the ooku cq
:sob:

2 Likes

Challenge accepted

Favorite:
5* Artoria Caster
4* Nagao Kagetora
3*: Mori Nagayoshi
2*: Gareth (Lancer)
1*: Jason

Least Favorite:
5* Hijikata Toshizo
4* Elizabeth Bathōry (Lancer, Brave, Mecha, Mecha 2, Cinderella and Caster)
3* Lu Bu Feng Xian and Red Hare
2* Chen Gong
1* Paul Bunyan

Best:
ST: Nagao Kagetora
AoE: Space Ishtar
Support: Artoria Caster

Worst:
ST: Illyasviel von Einsbern (Caster)
AoE: Abagail Williams (Summer)
Support: Miyu Edelfelt

Buff Wanted:
Nagao Kagetora, Skill 1

Buff Needed:
Tezcatlipoca (Alter) [Jaguar Warrior: Taiga]

Most Accurate:
Charlemagne

Least Accurate:
Morgan le Fay

I’ve done it

4 Likes

Favorite servant:

Sherlock!

Least favorite:

Blackbeard. I mean, Summer Fes redeemed him somewhat for being so supporting to the MC but honestly, I can’t ever forget his… propensity towards young girls which gets played off for laughs. I hate it. Even thinking about it now makes me a bit irritated.

Best servant:

Uuuh… I’m not knowledgeable enough about Servant internals and the inner workings of meta to say anything objective. Subjectively though, I think Dioscuri for ST, Arjuna Alter for AoE, and of course Castoria for support.

Worst servant:

I’d like to say there is no worst Servant because every Servant has their niche and there’s always situations where each and every one gets to shine… but yeah, it’s totally Angra Mainyu.

Servant you want a buff for most:

Arthur. Pleeeeease, please, pleeeease. I know he’s not the face of the franchise but every time I see his female counterpart get all these dope buffs, I look at Arthur and sad violins start playing in the background because is my boy not worthy of also being as dope as Artoria? :’(

Servant that needs a buff the most:

SIGURD GODDAMMIT ノಠ益ಠノ彡┻━┻ WHY’D THEY BUFF HIS NP HIS NP IS NOT THE PROBLEM I’M SCREAMING AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH. They did buff one of his skills but… HIS OTHERS…

The Servant that embodies their myth/legend/history most (from a gameplay perspective):

Can’t say for sure because FGO’s meddling fingers tend to twist something of them somehow. And there’s so many whose stories I’m unfamiliar with so uh… eeny meeny miny… Robin Hood I guess? ¯_(ツ)_/¯His skills all seem to align pretty well with his whole stealthy, noble thief persona.

The Servant that embodies that myth/legend/history least (from a gameplay perspective):

I… have no idea. I mean, I could cheat and say all the summer and Christmas Servants but… I really don’t know. Antonio Salieri maybe? I mean, he is caught in this confusing mishmash of both the musician and The Gray Man because of blah blah FGO reasons, but if we think of him as the actual historical musician, none of his skills or NP makes any sense for him to have.

3 Likes