Shannan Build Advice

So I recently managed to pull two copies of Shannan on his banner. I’ve been wanting to get this dude for a bit, and I was lucky enough to snag two of him before running out of orbs. He has a Defense boon, which while not the best boon, makes him a lot more physically bulky. I’ll take what I can get, but I’ve been messing around with various options. I don’t have a lot of the skills GP recommends (besides Vantage) so I’m improvising.

Not my actual build in-game, but something I thought about. I have a L!Azura already, so I figured he didn’t need Even Spd Wave on him, and Wrath while nice, I don’t think would activate too often unless I put Shannan in front of a mage (in which case depending on the unit he’s hosed), so I wanted to focus on his tanking capabilities while also making him an even bigger powerhouse.

I’m no build expert though, so this might be overkill, pretty bad, or both.

3 Likes

Congrats! That’s a pretty good build for physical tanking :thinking: being an infantry sword lets him use [Repel 3] and [Close Call 3] so if you have these he can become quite tanky.

I’ll call @Mysterym1ster and @antsims93 since they use him, I’m sure they can provide better advice than me!

4 Likes

I’d use lull atk/spd for this because you neutralizes there atk buffs & inflict -3 atk added to your defenses and the spd insures your double even more by negating there spd buffs etc.

Threaten atk/spd works,but if he’s already getting buffs from Azura it almost invalidate it’s use.I don’t think it’s a bad build it’s good, it’s just the c skill is somewhat useless if he’s already receiving Azura’s buff.

3 Likes

Time’s pulse would work if you don’t mind pulling for a Sothis,after the first hit he will decimate plenty of units with his special and high atk.

1 Like

I don’t have Lull Atk/Spd unfortunately. The only other Lull I got is Atk/Def, but it’s on my Duo Ephraim, and I don’t really wanna give him up if we aren’t going to see him again for a while. My Lull Spd/Def is from a Claude I got on the Legendary banner, and he’s got bad IVs. I do got Repel though as I did pull a Larcei a week ago for my free summon.

That is true. I figure it’d still be beneficial for the Atk/Spd reduction of the enemy team once he’s farther away from her, but in that case, what other C Skill would be good for him?

I do have Sothis, but she’s merged at this point and I don’t have any spare copies.

Yeah I feel the same about some of my premium skills :tired_face: lol, but it’s why I said t atk/spd is “some what useless”,I use the skill on my galeforce Gerik where he’s always off by himself.

Yeah, I getcha. As well, I don’t have to pair him up with Azura too, lol.

Since I do got Repel, I did find that I have Spd Smoke too with a Sigurd (the irony), as I did see that as an alternate option for him

1 Like

I use repel on mines,but he’s +10 and I don’t use Azura with him,but it should work with consistent speed buffs for you on pp & especially on ep.

1 Like

Um, thanks AF but like I’m not a great expert, I just like Shannan a lot
So yeah, definitely a good build for sure, you’ll generally want to capitalize on Spd and Def since his Atk is already quite high (mine has the Atk superboon tho), plus more Spd = more Imperial Astra damage.
Don’t kill Sigurd for Spd Smoke, Chad has it, and also GP builds aren’t always the best, I would go there to get ideas but I wouldn’t follow their builds to the letter. Ofc his native Wrath is a great B skill too

1 Like

I personally went with DC and repel with a plus speed Shannan. Times pulse would be good- I gave him speed wave to help his repel damage reduction and double.
Sol for sustain- noontime works too. But I’m debating on times pulse. Maybe flashing blade for a seal.