I am not very creative so I apologize in advance for the super vanilla format!
Welcome to my thread! Every FGO player has to know the pain and shame that comes with Gacha life, even farming for materials can cause severe constipation and hemorrhaging. So how can we overcome this? Simple! By sharing utterly ridiculous stories about our major shortcomings and bonding together through tough times! It’s already the latter half of 2020 and the suffering is ripe for the pickings! With the new event banners primed up and ready to feast mercilessly on your Saint Quartz, the hour for heartbreak is very near!
Besides a simple salt-fest this is what I hope for, I wish to hear your stories, what are your top five worst decisions in your experience playing FGO, what made you hooked on the Fate universe, and maybe a fun fact or two for some extra spice. Let’s all get along and rejoice under the simple fact that we never suffer alone!
So to start by example here is my story:
My top five worst FGO blunders
- Never requesting friends until Camelot Singularity
- Not looking up any research at all about FGO until the start of E Pluribus Unum
- Misunderstanding the Gacha system and impulsively dumping $450 dollars or so (over the span of a few months) to land an SSR only come up empty with a small handful of SR servants
- Burning at least 4-6 of those SR servants when I was still an ignorant mongrel for Rare prisms or Mana Prisms, to then spend them on EXP cards or Friend points (big oops here)
- Feeding my servants to other servants, to then feed them again to someone else before understanding how to level up NPs or learning the importance and difference between NP1 and NP5
- Honorable mention: Spending my SQ for continuations during boss fights. My absolute worst being during the Shinsengumi event fighting Hijikata and having to reset five times to deplete his insane health bar with my horrendously underleveled servants
Yeah so I probably have done the worst possible things that could be done by any FGO player. But we live and learn! I hope my shortcomings can make some of you feel a bit better!
Be aware! Possible spoiler alert if you haven’t watched Fate/Zero!!!
To share a bit about how I became a fan of the Fate universe, I started way back when Fate/Zero aired on Netflix. It was precisely when Saber (Arthur Pendragon) clobbered Caster (Gilles) with Excalibur I was completely hooked to the anime. Honorable mention to the Kiritsugu Emiya backstory. My favorite anime of the whole plot as of now has got to be Fate: Grand Order with Apocrypha tailing ever so slightly behind it.
Fun fact: I started playing the FGO video game around March of 2020, and fell in love when I heard the Grand Battle theme for the first time! The build-up to the final fights and dialogues are so damn impressive! #OSThype
Let’s get those stories rolling in! I’d be happy to read yours! My Friend code for FGO 279,801,819