Should I consider a different red unit for my Arena core?

My Arena core originally consisted of Caeda, Catria and Camilla (all three are +10). However, I already had the idea to replace Catria and Camilla as soon as Altena and Flame Emperor came out. Once they are +10, they will replace the respective color type. However, I am also considering replacing Caeda with either Astram or Itsuki (more inclined toward Itsuki as a fan of TMS) since I don’t need to utilize a Duel Skill for the A slot in place of something more useful in combat. My Caeda already has Rally Up Atk+ and R Duel Flying, but no premium skills beyond that (except maybe Aether, which is only premium in the sense that it’s only inherited from 5 star Chroms).

• Keep Caeda
  • Build Astram
  • Build Itsuki

0 voters

I’m working on him rn. Gave him Atk/Def solo 3, vantage, and rouse Spd/Def to make him an absolute monster defense wise.

His res is high enough to fend for himself against dragons, and adding all his Def buffs up makes for a dangerous ignis (mirage +7, solo +13, rouse +19 = 60+ defense after full investment.)

Build Eirika

2 Likes

While I like Astram more and both units are absolute monsters if built correctly, Itsuki is probably the best non-5* exclusive dragon slayer at the moment. F!Corrins and F!Tiki will probably never leave arena so being able to deal massive damage to them and for them to be unable to stop it is a very valuable niche (assuming this is mostly for arena offense). If you have the fodder, I recommend giving him Ruptured Sky and Special Spiral to OHKO any relevant dragon (including both Sothis as Ruptured Sky is not dragon effectiveness, but oddly enough it won’t OHKO Garon).

All that said, I do love melting opponents by neutralizing their Def buffs, neutralizing my Atk debuffs, and hitting them with an extra 25+(7*2) = 39 damage (35 if WTD) just for being next to an ally.

2 Likes

I like Astram overall better than Itsuki, but if you don’t have a dragon slayer or an armor slayer on your team, it does make things a bit more difficult in Arena. Because those types of units are so common, it’s really nice to be able to easily knock one or more of them out and have your team mop up the rest. I’m set on a dragon slayer for my Arena core (Thrasir), so if I build a sword infantry, Astram is my best option.

oh, Halo…
don’t send him down that path.
do you know how bad I want to tell him to build Morgan?
I just cant push another person down the slippery slide of trying to keep your fave arena viable.

1 Like

I mean she’s still a good support unit? She’s far from unviable. And it was more as a joke anyways.

1 Like

oh, I know.
all of those things you said are true.

1 Like

Yeah. Unfortunately Morgan suffers from being a mage (low BST) and having a somewhat mediocre weapon. And not really having much of a niche.

1 Like

monocle-drop-gif-4

woah woah woah… you diggin on my boy!?
My sadly outdated and overly invested red unit will smoke your sadly outdated and overly invested red unit and I can let yours attack first.

…it would be like two half-blind kids on crutches with pistols having it out.

2 Likes

I’d pay 100 orbs to see this

2 Likes

Watching it might be more dangerous than being in it.

1 Like

Bring it :feh_ardenwoke: what’s his build? I’m actually curious who would win now.

I’m on your friends list, Halo… that hurts.

I ran it with your unit as summoner support and I couldn’t get my flowers in so I ran it with just 5 flowers.

edit: that wasnt right…
I dont have odd atk wave on my Morgan…

1 Like

I have a lot of people okay? :feh_eirikabulli:
And 1 HP :feh_azura:

2 Likes

is it almost 100?

1 Like

It’s been full before and I’ve had to remove some in the past.

1 Like

woo you should have enough feathers to make another +10 soon
I just dumped 160 on my new Norne.

1 Like

I mean I made Reinhardt like 2 days ago. Kinda waiting for my last 2 Echidna merges right now.

1 Like

I thought you were on your last one.
I have all the merges I need, I am waiting on feathers.

Can’t decide what I’ll work on next though.

1 Like