So 3H has the "Maddening" difficulty now

Note: Do not post anything spoiler-y without hiding it. Only reason why this is minor spoilers is due to the talk on NG+

Haven’t really touched 3H in a while sadly, but the new difficulty is out for everyone(I believe) and apparently it’s really difficult. Saw something on Twitter and I think it sums it up pretty nicely.

They’ve adjusted how much renown you get from completing a path so you now get 10k instead of 5k before(Not entirely sure if you got 5k previously, but it’s what I heard). This means that Maddening was probably built specifically with NG+ in mind and that you’re going to die a lot regardless. Seen a few people have trouble with just the prologue, lmao.

As an added bonus, apparently the Death Knight is aggroed immediately(Meaning he’s not just going to sit still and let you avoid him the entire fight) in the chapter you get the Creator Sword in. So I hope Lysithea is over-leveled(Or in this case slightly under-leveled) and can still one-shot or get close to one-shoting Death Knight before he kicks your shit in.

11 Likes

People are even posting this lmao

17 Likes

Gotten that once when I was screwing around and miscounted my Divine Pulses… Going to be seeing it a lot more when I finally get to Maddening.

1 Like

So that extra renown has to be spent getting B tier reason on Lysithea and Hubert, got it

8 Likes

Or you can make the big brain plays and not torture yourself with the Maddening difficulty at all. :thinkinglikelukas:

12 Likes

Yeah, that’s great, now excuse me while I continue only playing on normal casual because I suck

11 Likes

But the question is:

Will it be worse than Awakening Lunatic ++? :eyes:

2 Likes

i wish i could have gone with the new game+ on this new mode but…

:catsob: gotta get the title screen, already got 4 game overs in the mock battle weeps

7 Likes

Well now you sound like a person who isn’t a masochist. Where’s the fun in that?

3 Likes

I was worried about this

I enjoy a challenge but Awakening Lunatic was challenging to the point where it just felt like I was torturing myself trying to beat chapter 2 deathless

2 Likes

Slight title screen change

It this isn’t a blood-covered throne,then,I’m not interested in the least bit. :bklul:

4 Likes

Hold up, they’re actually taunting us with “But have you tried it without NG+”?

What would even be the easiest path to choose in that situation?

2 Likes

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I’m actually a sadist. Watching you all suffer with this game mode is where I get my kicks!

4 Likes

So they expect us to be able to kill DK without having Dark Spikes on Lysithea (because I’m pretty sure that’s literally impossible by chapter 4)

Is that even possible without extreme luck? Did they even test this difficulty before releasing it?

3 Likes

IS: Define “test.”

5 Likes

Weird kink,but ok :bklul:

Can bluebell certify this? :eyes:

1 Like

you just gotta bolt as soon as you see DK

“Lunatic+ in Awakening” test.

2 Likes

he has 8 movement though unless I’m blind

1 Like

From what I’ve learned,most of the time,developers don’t test it all the way through,it’s the mentality of:

hey,we got a new toy…

We’ll let ‘em chew on it and see what happens.

2 Likes