Finally got around to watching the FGO anime, decided to watch the prologue first, here’s my thoughts on it:
- It was pretty good for summing up Fuyuki, I think the only thing it skipped was the Cursed Arm fight in order to shorten the time. I remember Herc was an optional fight afterward and I forget whether we fought a rider (I assume the Medusa we fought was the rider form in the game, so I guess the real question is whether we fought a lancer in the game). It’s been a long time since then, so let me know if you remember.
- I think there were added details we didn’t get in the game (not sure if I just forgot them)? I don’t remember the conversation about Olga being dead in the present allowing her to rayshift or the conversation about her not being able to be a master. Still hope we get an alternate history Olga servant, possibly a pseudo-servant.
- New servant variations: I like the slight changes for the rider version of Darius (even if we hardly see him) and the adult Lancer Medusa with the regular version of Harpe and the ability to control chains, even if we likely won’t get them in the game (was also pretty crazy that she killed Shinji, likely her former master like that. I’m more partial to the Shinji punch from UBW myself, always funny to see).
- The battles were pretty decent, though Medusa’s fighting was mostly ‘hit the shield in the same spot over and over’ until Caster showed up and Saber Alter didn’t do too much, but corrupted Emiya and Caster Cu stood out for interesting fighting.
- Can’t believe Caster Cu doesn’t have an animation update yet. In this he has several good options: the purple rune blast, the rune beneath the enemy’s feet blowing them up, the multiple runes fire blast in front of him he liked using, the melee attacks with a fiery staff, and a great extra attack option with the hand of the Wicker Man smashing an enemy into the ground. Wicker Man update would be pretty nice as well. This man really deserves an update.
Anyway, those are my thoughts so far. Let me know what you thought of the prologue if you want and feel free to discuss what I brought up and the prologue anime in general. I’ll go over my thoughts on Babylonia next once I watch it, probably still in this thread unless there’s one already made for the Babylonia anime.