So i got 3 copy of Flying Nino.. What to do?

… she’s +ATK iv, i merged one to fix the bane and kept the 3rd in case i need aerobatic fodder, but i might merge for an additional ATK.

My issue is her build.

Her use would be in Arena Assault, in a flying team, ideally, because i’m lacking green range flyer :

• Sadly it seems she dies to Special Fighter + Bonfire B!Hector, even with TA + Lancebreaker.
  • Windsweeper is also not an option : it would cost me too many grails, i cannot afford it since it’s a very low priority unit.
  • Fury + Desperation seems overrated aswell, her bulk is so low i doubt she can get into that range.

I don’t know what use she could have, and what units she could check in Arena Assault :grey_question:
Some help with her build would be welcome. :feh_myrrhthink:

5 Likes

She’s a pretty good unit, but I honestly just run with a budget swift sparrow and desperation.

If she duels a magic unit or a physical unit that doesn’t kill her she’ll be in desperation range.

Also don’t know if you have it, but +spd is for sure better for her because she does true damage scaling off it.

6 Likes

Her best use for AA would probably be the scary low Res blues like the various Dimitris out there. Yours might need Lancebreaker but she takes care of em as good as any green mage

And her refine might let her be a decent supporter too with the right C skill. Just a humble Drive Atk or Spd on top of the Joint Drive of those she has already. Her base A is good enough as is. My input might be biased from my own experiences though so take it with a grain of salt

6 Likes

True, if you put drive atk/spd in her C and S slots, she’s suddenly giving +7 to both of those stats to an ally.

7 Likes

I guess she could be a Dimitri check with Lancebreaker, we see some of thoses.

Yeah, i was thinking of Goad Flier as C slot, or Hone Flier if i need visible buffs.

7 Likes

:feh_angrynino:

7 Likes

Oh yeah you’re rocking a flier team

That’d do it

7 Likes

Merge

4 Likes

She’s very good but to be honest I couldn’t find a slot in team to fit her in. Kinda collecting dust in my barrack. Stuff that she does best can be filled by someone else that can also tank. It’s a competitive world.

3 Likes

Tbh I know it’s not ideal, but I’d wait for an Alm to show up

Windsweep is just too good

3 Likes

On Nino? She doesn’t have any follow up negation does she? So you only get one hit.

2 Likes

True, but the only mages who qualify are Y!Merric, Ishtar, Selena, and Flyleth. And only Y!Merric is good against blue units and he’s not coming back for another year, plus he’s a 5* exclusive anyway

So an SF!Nino with merges is not a bad option and you can always dance her to get a second hit in anyway

Not like Maltet lets you double under most circumstances anyway, no?

4 Likes

Her refine is a double joint drive (atk and spd) and is good as support, +spd is ideal to her since others mentioned she deals true damage based on spd, but +atk is also good, I have her with L&D sacred seal on Leg Alm limited GHB and she killed well many units even reds, fury desperation is better if you start on foes that cant counter so the chip damage stacks, her HP is low so she can enter desperation range easily if you pick the right matches.

2 Likes

I see that I have been called by GBro, huh

SF Nino is primarily built for offence, so I’ll probably go for a Swift Sparrow Desperation build for her, and mayb a Brazen Atk/Spd or Atk/Spd Solo for her seal.

If you are willing to bring a dancer in your flier team, which I feel is very important for an offensive mage as support, u can slap Goad/Hone Fliers on them to further buff Nino’s strength. Then u can probs run smth like Res Smoke on her so she can take out enemies with higher Res.

Perhaps u can also run some other skills on your other team members to buff her defences as well, so she can take a hit better to reach Desperation easier.

As for IVs: compared to what some others may say over here, +Atk may be better. With +Atk, Nino will deal around an extra 3 points of normal damage, and with +Spd, she’ll deal around an extra 1 true damage. So I’d say u can keep the +Atk IV if u’d like. If she has trouble doubling, +Spd.

As long as you do your best, build her well and give her some support, she will return the favour.

If u'd like to see a very premium built Flying Nino u can look here

I do run her with a support dancer ofc, Azura :feh_legion_miso: but she’s gone so far as to one shot transformed F! Edelgards before.

6 Likes

I just didn’t want you to yell at me

5 Likes

Nah why would I yell at u XD

But thanks for calling me over though, I appreciate it :heart:

5 Likes

Just give her TA Lancebreaker anyway. It’s useful for AA even though I don’t even play that mode haha.

3 Likes