Sonya Ideal IV

I manged to pull a +atk Sonya and my original is +spd. Her spd is easily workable enough to make use out of it, but should I just focus on her great nuking potential as opposed to doubling?

3 Likes

If you’re using an AoE Special, +Atk. If she’s an incombat nuke, +Spd. :pkmn_sphealcool:

2 Likes

So does the +10 damage with specials from Dark Excalibur figure into AOE damage?

1 Like

Pretty sure it does, yup.

Congrats for getting Sonya :feh_navarreculture:.

Yes, AoE damage increases with her refine, if you want her to use these specials +ATK must be the IV for maximizing their damage:

Do you have a build in mind? The asset you’ll take depends mainly of the build you want to give her

2 Likes

I’m going back and forth between Life and Death and Mirror Impact for her a slot, will do special spiral in the b slot, and c slot is kinda in the air at the moment. I’m thinking of leaning towards +atk to make her an AOE spammer to make the most out of her refine.

1 Like

Also, very nice job on that Sonya. Shes definitely a beauty!

1 Like

Hmm, @NickofTime80 uses [Mirror Impact] on his Sonya but his take on her is different.
If you plan to go AoE spam though definitely use [Life and Death], visible attack is key for these to be more effective

1 Like

Fair enough. I can definitely see the appeal of having her be more of a general special spammer. A simple moonbow and glimmer could be nice, and iceberg/glacies with a bit of team support would be straight up nasty.

1 Like

It’s up to you how you want to build her, but I prefer an AoE spam build because I love how effective it can get.
I went more in detail here and showcased a little the damage she deals with it:

But you can also spam other specials too, like [Iceberg], means you don’t need to use a [Heavy Blade] seal :thinking: