SSR Astolfo? Is this good? Just got him/her on Jp version :|

Got surprised because he/she ( well this character’s gender is unknown HAHAHA ) appeared on my first ticket summon just now :joy:

I just don’t know if this one is worthy of reaching 100 or nah
Recommended CE?

1 Like

He’s on par with Okita, if not slightly better in some cases. He can also NP loop, if you know how to pull it off consistently.

8 Likes

Is the NP competent enough to use against tough enemies ex. knights in camelot ( gawain, tristan & lancelot )

I always have a hard time dealing with those without some strong servants :3

1 Like

I cleared the entirety of Part 1 almost exclusively using him, so I’d say he can do it, and do it well at that.
I have some videos for reference if you’d like.

7 Likes

I would love to!
I just need to farm some skill up items again
I’m out of those because of MHX A HAHAHA

2 Likes

I mean we already know,but ok ,act like you really don’t know

And for the titule,he is good

3 Likes

Did when I saw you say “saber Astolfo can loop” I was “what?” And I had to see it for my self the set up.
Yeah, he can loop, there the most extreme loop comp I ever saw, but I love it. That Chung is something else.

Still, would be easier to loop with… I don’t know, okita bb summer and skadi. Way less expansive. But it’s awesome reguardless

4 Likes

I wouldn’t put him on par with Okita, but he’s certainly not bad by any stretch of the imagination.

Astolfo’s biggest issue is his lackluster NP gain. You can glue him to Skadi and this is less of an issue (similar to how you can glue Tamamo to Kiara to fix the majority of her problem).

Asstolfo’s problem is that his skill set is all over the place. His S1 is excellent, his S2 is also excellent (although a nerfed PfA, but still excellent) and his 3rd skill requires some luck and timing but it’s not entirely dead either.

I was actually thinking of pulling for him yesterday and in light of Caesar’s massive buff I decided not to.

But like I said, at the high end he’s quite useful

If you want to stick GP Tiers on him, I’d say he’s somewhere between T3 and T4. Not quite self-sufficient enough for T3 but much more functional with proper support than the majority of T4 and T5.

5 Likes

Yeah, it’s not the easiest setup, but you can certainly manage it. I’m sure a few different methods could be found if you experiment.

5 Likes

It happens that I have Astolfo Saber on JP and from my experience while he’s far from the level of the top 5 Quick ST in game, he’s still pretty good.
Astolfo is very bulky, more than any other 5* Saber. He also has overall a solid kit with a Kama-like NP and NP charge per turn skill.
Astolfo has 2 weaknesses: his a internals are awful and half of his 3rd skill is basically a demerit that DW try to sell as a buff.
If only his internals were better he would have straight powercreep Okita who has a outdated kit and live almost only thanks to her stellar internals and her Quick cards. If you manage to make Astolfo triloop, he’s without much doubt the hardest hitting ST Saber outside Benni-Enma spe atk. But it just so hard to reach that it leaves you with little room to handle gimmick like dodge/invuln you may encounter in CQ that can sometimes be a serious problem.

1 Like

Ehhhhh
It’s not really a demerit, because it’s meant to go with his bond CE. It’s more just a weird gimmick, which I suppose is fitting for his character.

2 Likes

I do not think saberstolfo np do more damage then okita or bride in loop…
I mean, probably more then okita on second, but less then okita on third…
Mmmh now that I think about it, okita def down is 30% at overcharge 100%, so with double skadi so you hit 100%def down on the third.

But I think bride will outdamage that. After all her np and all of her buff are multi turn, and she do more damage anyway ( Astolfo okita and bride have very similar damage at np5, but bride win at np1 due to the interlude).

BTW, okita is carried by her internal. Her skill set is so… Vanilla

1 Like

If you have Jeanne, just ask her what gender Astolfo is to get a reaction similar to this: :fgo_dshy:
Other than that, Sieg is coming up with the Apocrypha event, he also knows.

1 Like

Full break down for Astolfo vs Okita NP damage assuming lvl 90, NP1, 1k Fou, No CE, Double Skadi only
Astolfo
T1: 12694 * 0.23 * 0.8 * 12 * (1 + 0.2 + 0.3 + 0.3) * (1 + 0.1 + 0.2 + 0.5 + 0.5) = 116037
T2: 12694 * 0.23 * 0.8 * 12 * (1 + 0.2 + 0.3 + 0.3) * (1 + 0.1 + 0.2 + 0.2 + 0.5 + 0.5) = 126127
T3: 12694 * 0.23 * 0.8 * 12 * (1 + 0.2 + 0.3 + 0.3) * (1 + 0.1 + 0.2 + 0.2 + 0.2 + 0.5 + 0.5) = 136217

Okita
T1 with 1st skill: 13068 * 0.23 * 0.8 * 12 * (1 + 0.3 + 0.3) * (1 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.02) = 116340
T1 without 1st skill: 13068 * 0.23 * 0.8 * 12 * (1 + 0.3 + 0.3) * (1 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.02) = 93257
T2: 13068 * 0.23 * 0.8 * 12 * (1 + 0.3 + 0.3 + 0.3) * (1 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.02) = 110743
T3 without 1st skill: 13068 * 0.23 * 0.8 * 12 * (1 + 0.3 + 0.3 + 0.3 + 0.3) * (1 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.02) = 128228
T3 with 1st skill: 13068 * 0.23 * 0.8 * 12 * (1 + 0.3 + 0.3 + 0.3 + 0.3) * (1 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.5 + 0.02) = 159968

Conclusion: Astolfo wins 2T/3 no matter what.
Note: Actually I didn’t count in Nero Bride + Waver that are also required for Okita as it would only increase the gap in favor of Astolfo who better scaling on atk buff than Okita.

Nero Bride is more of a pain to compare with as Tamamo has NP damage buff so BG must be factored in and more over Bride can’t start the loop with BG + double Tamamo like Astolfo can start the loop with BG + double Skadi (anyway I’m not even sure that Bride is a consistent NP looper: can she loop without crit?)

2 Likes

Considering that you really want to NP loop with Astolfo, hence accumulate c. stars on his Art and Quick cards. A buff that steal start away from his Art and Quick cards for his Buster card, is nothing but a demerit that doesn’t tell its nature.

Wait, can Astolfo loop like that tho? I mean, I saw a couple of loop, and he needed way more than 2 skadi to loop.
Let’s assume double skadi + bb summer.
That’s the poster face of st loop after all.
Can saber Astolfo loop like that, or does he really need all that crazy set up ?
I don’t know actually.

No Astolfo can’t loop with just that he needs double Skadi + Nero Bride + Waver.
But I didn’t add Nero Bride and Waver in calc for the obvious reason it favor Astolfo who has a better scaling on atk buff than Okita (who already stack a lot of def down debuff).

1 Like

Mmmh wait, why does Astolfo scale more with attack? Oki have higher base attack than he does. He does have attack up, but that scale additivly with other carisma, unlike higher base stats that will work multiplicatively.
Can you explain? To be honest I am not user to calculate damage on paper so

1 Like

Astolfo has only 20% atk self buff + 60% def down from skadi.
After 2 NP Okita stack 60% def down from her NP and 60% def down from Skadi… So any additional atk buff will have a better scaling effect on Astolfo than on Okita:
2.5 (Astolfo + 2x Skadi + Nero Bride + Waver)/1.8 (Astolfo + 2x Skadi) ~ 1.39 => +39% overall damage
2.9 (Okita + 2x Skadi + Nero Bride + Waver)/2.2 (Okita + 2x Skadi) ~ 1.31 => +31% overall damage

Soungs good,i don’t undertand that math but good after all