Stackable skills

Are there rules around which skill bonuses are stackable? Like say Edelgard has +6atk +6def with both Atk Def Solo and Ruse Atk Def, so I presume these stack to +12?

Then would Study Impact or Brazen Atk Spd also stack with the above (Ruse)?

Sorry if this has been asked before, just trying not to waste fodder.

2 Likes

Invisible buffs from skills stack with each other and with visible buffs. Visible buffs stack with invisible buffs but not other visible buffs.

I dare you to say this five times fast

8 Likes

Ah ok great, so invisible skills are the best. Any way to tell which are which without testing each one individually?

2 Likes

Visible. GamingBro1 with the quick explanations.

1 Like

Visible buffs are blue and appear on the unit in the field, invisible buffs are in-combat only. :pkmn_sphealcool:

Only exception to the rule of visible buffs not stacking is if a unit has debuffs and buffs at once, and they get Panicked or targetted by Harsh Command. Since they become reversed, they stack with the original.

5 Likes

They’re generally more reliable since they can stack infinitely and can’t be reversed or ignored by the enemy, but remember that weapons like the blade tomes use visible buffs to increase attack, some other weapons and skills also require them to activate and they may prevent you from being affected by some enemy skills.

For example, buffing your visible Res may prevent you from being affected by an enemy Ploy or Sabotage skill.

5 Likes

Not for skills that perform checks “at the start of combat.” Invisible buffs don’t help you there, visible ones do. Generally speaking though, invisible buffs are typically stronger and more consistent.

2 Likes

Cool, thanks for the understanding.

So per my OP all those skills are combat/invisible so they would stack.

I pulled a Wolt and Lyn in you hadn’t guessed ;)

2 Likes

Guessed it. And if it’s Edelgard you’re giving stuff to, I would stick with atk/def solo. It’s a rare skill that she uses to full effect. Sturdy impact is a close second, but not needed for her, hang onto it for a rainy day

1 Like

If a buff occurs “during combat”, it will be invisible. If it occurs “at start of turn” or something like that(any time outside combat), its visible. “Bonuses” in skill descriptions like panic or bonus doubler refer specifically to visible buffs. Also any effect that compares stats “at start of combat” is only taking the visible stats into consideration. Skills that don’t work during battle but don’t specificy “at start of combat”(like specials or sweep skills) usually compare the stats at that moment, meaning that in-combat buffs will get counted

1 Like