Strange idea for a Laslow build

Now, hear me out on this and follow my reasoning. We all know that Laslow here can do wonders with a Brave Sword+ even with his mediocre stats. I decided to take it up a notch taking a strage turn and giving him Windsweep (or Watersweep, depends if you want him to not recieve damage against physical or magical unit. Windsweep is just easier to get thanks to Joshua). Now I know that he wouldn’t even need that since he might twoshot most units. But what about those that are tanky enough to survive? They might go back and give him a harsh lesson (harsher than Xander when he finds him flirting around). With this he could actually just go full ham with almost no risk. During PP he would reach 64 atk on even turns (or odd turns. Depends on which atk wave you put on him) and 34 Spd. Now, that is not enough to proc Windsweep/Watersweep properly. That’s where Phantom Spd 3 comes to the rescue. By making his Spd check 44 rather than 34, he can proc it against basically everyone (Only Mareeta and Karla with a Spd Asset can save themselves from it not counting skills like Fury, LnD, Speed +3 and the almost unused Darting Stance or even the other Spd related stances for that matter) allowing him to safely attack without fear of the enemy striking back. Now I know that there are some units that reach over 44 Spd with various skills, but we also know that said units are all PP, not EP. A thing that Laslow can use at his vantage. All of this is done without counting Summoner, Ally Support and various buffs for Laslow aside from the Atk Wave skill. In that case everything shifts up by at least 4 making him basically a machine of death and destruction (68 Atk is no joke and a 38 Spd that becomes 48 for Windsweep actually hurts even those with stellar Spd. If we add someone with Spd Tactic/Wave or L!Azura’s Dancing, Laslow ■■■■■■■■■■ with a stellar 54 Spd check).

I know this is crazy and probably even just a meme build, but I just had this wierd ass idea and wanted to share it. Your thoughts? If you can find holes in this strat, I welcome you to show them. (The only real con that i found was obtaining SS3. The rest is relatevly easy with Joshua and F!Delthea. For the special I put Bonfire but I guess Draconic Aura can do wonders too)

7 Likes

BRAVE SWORD:royyes:

Anyway. I’d say that his speed is actually good enough to invest in, as he can quad. If you replace Phantom Speed 3 with Darting Blow 3, he’ll get a sweet 13 speed on initiation, putting him at 40 speed at neutral on player phase, pretty devastating. And then your B slot can be more flexible in that case, allowing you to run Desperation or Null Follow-Up, or even Wrath. (Wrath is good if you run Brazens, especially Atk/Def or Atk/Spd, as it lets you improve the power of your 1 shot potential, with 2-cooldown specials, that is). This’ll increase his one-round potential a HUGE deal, probably allowing him to break the weapon triangle if you focus a little more on speed and let him get those quads.

(btw Draconic Aura does 17 damage without any attack buffs, and +atk, and Bonfire does 18 damage. :man_shrugging:)

3 Likes

It looks so creative and like nothing I’ve ever seen

I actually love that shit

7 Likes

but why sweep when you can just straight up kill things in one round, considering this is a player phase unit that isn’t a support

3 Likes

As I said, it was a strange idea that I had. I know that what you said works better. But it doesn’t follow the focus of the build: denying counterattacks. If I wanted to go for a build like you suggested, I’d probably use someone like Soleil who has higher bases than her father. I mean, Soleil can pull the build I suggested better than Laslow. But here’s the thing: Soleil already does wonders with either a Slaying Sword or her native Firesweep. Laslow basically requires him to use the Brave Sword to actually do something useful. A build like yours could work with a Firesweep Laslow… I think, at least

Because it’s special and not the same shit you see on most Brave Units

The only gripe I have is the fact that against most units that would survive two hits, they’d die to 4 hits. And the ones that wouldn’t are likely supertanks that you wouldn’t want to hit to charge their special either way, and likely would take nearly 0 damage if not 0.
Sweep skills are just so weird and don’t really have much utility on player phase only units because they stop doubles. Yes, it stops vantage and such, however, Hardy Bearing does the same, and doesn’t stop your doubles, opening up your B slot to say a Chill or Infantry exclusive. Rather, their utility is as a tool to setup kills for your other units, or to setup for enemy phase.

im worried about this build clogging up choke points though
it has a weak enemy phase so if it doesn’t kill, and teammates aren’t nearby to yeet Laslow outta there or take the kill, Laslow is screwed.

1 Like

Ma buddy, not every build needs to be well rounded
Sometimes it’s just enough if you have fun with it and make it somehow work, that’s why FEH is normally a good game, it lets you be creative

1 Like

i understand that but i’m here to give objective advice

1 Like

I can see that problem. But you can work around that by having allies with him ready to either K.O. the enemy or dance Laslow to either let him escape or finish the job. Still, you cannot deny that actually ■■■■■■■■■■■■ every unit in the game, not allowing them to stike back is a good idea if used correctly

1 Like

And I respect you for it, helping him is a good thing, but please don’t destroy this build, it looks like alot of fun

2 Likes

I’m just obliging
I mean the decision goes down to @Remnant in the end

i mean i make meme builds all the time, but if i were to ask for advice people would tear them apart even though they do work
its the unfortunate truth

2 Likes

And now that I actually remember it, we must consider even possible blessings working during their seasons. A Water blessing would make this build absolutely monstrous with having L!Azura ready to boost him up

1 Like

When I meant holes I was talking about thing that make this build worthless, but sshh. Nobody needs to know

1 Like

@Lain
Actually, now that I think about it, people wouldn’t trash on those builds. But that’d only be because of my reputation as a memer, especially when building units.
If it wasn’t me posting however, I’m sure people would tear them apart

1 Like

i mean the main problem is the fact that you need a team dedicated to supporting Laslow and playing off his strengths with maybe 1 shoehorned in unit and the positioning requirements

also Ayra, Mia, and Karla can all be played enemy phase or mixed and they go well over 50 speed :man_shrugging:
Whether or not they would die in two hits, I don’t know

1 Like

Yeah, that would be the main problem. Positioning can work against you if you’re not careful. And surely this Laslow will be basically useless in the hands of the AI. That’s why I’d mainly think about using a build like this only in the hands of the player. It’d force the one that uses it to work strategially around it and make it work. And since I’ll be the one to probably use this, I can consider it a challenge. It could depend on summoning a bunch of bad IV S!Laegjarn cause SS3 is useful as heck :arthurthink:

1 Like

I suggested something to this effect on Soleil, and as far as I can see, she’s straight up better with it. Faster, hits harder. Hard to find a build on which not to prefer Soleil or Hinata, but I think it would be some kind of business with spd in the mid 30s before merges or dragonflowers which also makes significant use of his def stat (ex: some kind of sturdy impact build).

The guy needs a prf.