Stuffs that you'd like to rebalance or never happen in the first place

Let’s face it, this game is slowly turning into a powercreep fest at this point, so if you have any ideas on stuffs where “I wish I can go back in time and make this thing not as strong as it is right now”, then let’s lay them down here. I’ll start with mine.

Arjuna Alter

Change his steroid to only be 30% Attack Up. The damage difference between him and other Berserkers are just ridiculous especially considering the fact that he has a battery. In terms of traitless damage, he’s legit the best AoE:

• Saber until Artoria’s buff on 5th anniv
  • Archer until Ishtar’s buff around Gilfest
  • Lancer until Quirinus comes out
  • Caster
  • Assassin
  • Berserker
  • Mooncancer until Summer Kiara
  • Alter Ego
  • Foreigner (vs Berserkers lmao)
Musashi

Revert her NP buff, what even is that damage??? 105k neutral NP Damage on NP5?? She already had the highest NP damage for ST Sabers so why even?

Sigurd

Revert his NP buff. He only needed one because FGO Poster Girl Musashi was outdamaging him vs Dragon, as in terms of neutral damage NP5 Musashi deals 105,247 damage (94,722 to 115,667) while NP5 Sigurd vs Dragon dealt 104,697 damage (94,244 to 115,044) before his buff.

Ishtar

Revert her NP buff. She legit doesn’t need one, she was already the best AoE Archer before due to her damage and 50% battery so why?

Mysterious Heroine X Alter

Revert her NP buff, she now deals more damage than MHX against Saberface Sabers, with MHXA now dealing 206,528 damage (185,875 to 226,975) at NP5 while MHX deals 178,930 damage (161,037 to 196,644).

Also why that Anti-Good? does DW not know how many Good-Alignment Sabers there are? Let’s lay them down:

• Artoria(s)
  • Gilles
  • Rama
  • Lancelot
  • Gawain
  • Bedivere
  • Arthur
  • Lanling
  • Beni-enma
  • Lakshimibai
  • Jason
  • Santa Karna
  • Sigurd
  • Tomoe Summer
  • Watanabe-no-Tsuna
  • Nero
  • Siegfried
  • Altera
  • Elizabeth Bathory Brave
  • Musashi
  • Hokusai Summer
  • Astolfo Saber
  • Ibuki Douji

There’s just so many of them, and there’s no need to give her another advantage like this, she was already a really good ST Berserker with good damage and being compatible with Skadi.

Gaius Julius Caesar

Change his Attack Up on NP to be something else that doesn’t really affect his performance, like Stargen Up or whatever. Being able to gain massive influx of damage to the point where he becomes the 3rd hardest hitting ST Saber (2nd at the time of his buff, just below NP5 Musashi by 1k) in terms of NP damage by dealing 79,099 damage (71,201 to 86,917) just by being lucky or on half HP is really ridiculous, he was already a very strong ST Saber even before his buff due to his buffing potential so while an NP buff is welcome, the ridiculous effect of his luck check is too strong.

Senji Muramasa

Hoo boy, do I hate the fact that he’s just made to be overpowered because of Nasu bias. Let’s lay down what he has alright, He:

1. Has Rainbow Cardmod
  2. Has Starbomb
  3. Has Stargather
  4. Has Invul Pierce
  5. Has 100% Stargen
  6. Has 100% Critmod that doubles on Invul/Evade
  7. Has 50% Battery
  8. Has incredible NP gen on carding due to his Blaze buff
  9. Has Ignores Defense
  10. Has Anti-King Passive
  11. Can loop

■■■■■■■ hell all these combined is just ridiculous.

The thing that I hate about him is that he’s made just to be ridiculously overpowered and overtuned to the next level just because he’s the protagonist of Nasu’s work. They released Ibuki a month before just for her to be a bait and switch and I hate that.

Nero Claudius Bride

Revert her Anti-Sky buff. She doesn’t need it as she was already one of the better ST SSR Sabers due to being compatible with Castoria, it was literally just Nasu “Oh noes my Extra child is now weaker than my other child in terms of looping support??? time to buff her so she has one upper hand in one scenario”.

Vlad III

Revert 2nd NP buff. I hate bait and switches like this as his buff happened very shortly after Galatea’s release, making her outclassed very quick.

Artoria Pendragon

Revert her Dragon Reactor Core buff, she was already the strongest AoE Saber due to her having the highest AoE Saber damage and 30% battery combined.

Artoria Caster

Lol I literally have no idea what to do with her other than just making her not exist in the first place.

The reason why I think that Skadi is somewhat balanced is that outside of quick, she’s basically a one-step-down of Waver, having her battery be one 50% instead of waver’s 50-20-20 distribution and some other stuffs I can’t be arsed to list them all. Sidegraded Waver also seems to be a theme with Reines (post-buff) with her giving a different charge distribution of 50-10-10 or 30-30-10 and giving a single 40% Attack instead of Waver’s 30% party-wide, and some other stuffs again that I can’t be arsed to list.

But Castoria on the other hand is just a better Waver even outside of Arts, giving a better charge distribution of 30-30-50, having easier access to access her own NP due to the party-wide 30% charge and the np gen buff being party-wide, and a more versatile NP buff with the effect being an Attack Up instead of Waver/Reines’ defense down, meaning that it can be carried over between waves and aren’t resisted by stuffs like debuff immunity, etc etc. All these at the loss off… a 10% attack decrease on her charisma, that’s pretty much it oh and some stuffs that I again can’t be arsed to list.

Castoria is broken because she’s the best option in her specialized comp like Skadi, while also being the best option outside of her specialized comp.

I knows a lot of these just sounds like I’m ranting and I’m sorry for that. I’m also aware that DW doesn’t really do nerfs, these are more about stuffs that I wish never happened so this game is less power-creepy as I just want this game to be better.

5 Likes

can’t believe caesar is in a thread complaining about powercreep…my boy has come so far

7 Likes

I agree with all above points until Okita gets an NP lude and her all her post buff S1 buff is changed to 3 turn.
Then I won’t bother because Okita ichiban tsuyoi dakara.

But yeah while I refrain from commenting on the others, Ibuki then Mura and Galatea into Vlad 2nd NP buff is such a bait and switch it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth

2 Likes

QRT

2 Likes

Noo don’t change Arjuna Alter he’s a great one-stop solution to a lot of things which is great for everyone

2 Likes

Somehow I disagree with nero, let’s face it, she’s just the face of the game at this point, she even recieved the new costume if you didn’t notice.

I have a contact on the inside, I know that soon they will be buffing caster nero (either it’s a buff or an animation/sprite update).

But apart from that I mostly agree with you. There’s no way nero will ever be nerfed, the only thing that’s missing is to give og nero an np buff.

But other than that, on the other points I agree with you.

Also @quritsu - I agree with you that the game is just baiting us at this point :sigh: that was too cruel with galatea and vlad

2 Likes

Vlad

2 Likes

While we’re at it, they should just implement fate/extra’s battle system to keep things mysterious and horrible.

Vlad didn’t bother me as much as some people because Galatea still has her buff removal resist, debuff management and 100% defence so she still has a niche over Vlad for riskier fights. I wish they’d restricted themselves just to fixing his multiplier rather than also applying another steroid though.

I’ve mentioned it before but quite literally I’d like to just see them have actually fixed the overkill bug, rather than leaving it so long it’s just become the way overkill works. I think they could still do it now but they’d have to replace it with something (my preference being a small generation bonus when attacking at class advantage). That alone would do a huge amount of rebalancing on the macro scale, and make individually stupid-busted Servants like Muramasa bug me a lot less.

1 Like

Faces of the franchise should be some of the strongest units in the game and I have zero problems with them getting favourable treatment. Would just like to see this extended to Jalter as she deserves/needs it.

8 Likes

I kinda wish Skadi weren’t a thing. Or at least I wish she wasn’t made in a way that enabled looping. I’ve complained about this before but since she arrived discussions about the gameplay basically turned into 90% “how well can this servant loop?” Of course same for Castoria, but Skadi is the face of the problem for me since she came first. No hate against anyone engaging in discussions like these, I just find them really boring.

I second Ishtar, but more because between her and Eresh, Eresh was the one that actually desperately needed a buff and they gave it to the one that was already top-tier as is.

1 Like

To be fair, Galatea kinda had it coming because people started talking down Vlad right when she showed up, so for the Vlad fans out there it was kinda funny, even though as you mention it definitely was poorly timed and feels like a bait and switch.

I agree with most of your points, recently in JP the game has made major steps in the powercreep direction. Though I’d add Castoria to the list, just her design in general, but especially having an Invincible effect that can’t be pierced by Ignore Invincible is a red flag for powercreep.

1 Like

Weird how you didn’t mention castoria because i wish she didn’t exist

5 Likes

I’ll just comment on Godjuna, about him being really strong af…

I mean that’s fit with his lore so…

1 Like

Someone Masters “self ban” themselves from using servants they feel are “cheap” or make the game too easy for them. If you feel that way about the servants you listed. The option is simple. Don’t use the servants in question. FGO has more than enough characters with similar kits, yes there are a few that separate themselves from other servants but it’s like that in every game that gets added on content.

No battle forces you to have a specific SR/SSR to compete content in the game. While I do agree a lot of servants do get neglected (buff and animation update wise), there’s nothing I can do about it(so I don’t see a reason to complain about it.) And if your damage isn’t hitting as high as you wanted. You have Support servants such as Merlin, Skadi, Tamamo , Reines, Himeko, Douman, Waver, Nightingale, etc. yeah some are leagues ahead of others but if your dps lacks damage or a huge battery you’re left seeking out the above for more damage, efficiency or utility. And if that isn’t enough to reach a benchmark , NP levels & Ce’s make a difference as well.

Would also like to say that on Na not many people use Astoria very much and typically opt for Mordred instead. On NA, tell me how many Sigurds you see on support list, because the lack of Sigurd’s is noticeable and there’s a good reason for it. He’s just not that great right now. He NEEDS that buff.

Doesn’t Cesar NP5 hit harder than an NP1 Musashi? If a f2p servant is out damaging an SSR then I’d say we have a problem. It’s not like comparing a NP5 SR Vs and NP1 SSR.

As for MHXA. It gives her more opportunities to be used for her Niche and not just for damage purposes as she’s being used on NA. To nuke any boss with DSS. Given she would need NP levels (2-3) whereas her Buff makes NP1 very serviceable.

Mhx is in a really good place right now after all the crap she’s gotten over the years for her underwhelming kit and poor skill cool downs. Then she got a buff for Saber wars and she’s doing great. People field her instead of Jack (assuming they have MHX and not Jack and don’t want to borrow Jack in favor of a support). Strictly speaking on star generation. Her damage is quite good as well from what I’ve seen.

3 Likes

I have skadi but dont use dds unless its an event that requires too much farming. Its a shame merlin helps arts with his deck and buster with his skill while skadi is only allows for quick looping, closest we got to a long battle quick support is osakabehime and shes an assassin…

Someone Masters “self ban” themselves from using servants they feel are “cheap” or make the game too easy for them. If you feel that way about the servants you listed. The option is simple. Don’t use the servants in question. FGO has more than enough characters with similar kits, yes there are a few that separate themselves from other servants but it’s like that in every game that gets added on content.

That’s not a solution, the game is still getting into powercreep stage. “Just don’t use them if you don’t like it bro” is like saying “Just be a vegetarian yourself bro” when someone brings up how the meat industry is very harmful to the Earth’s ecosystem.

Would also like to say that on Na not many people use Astoria very much and typically opt for Mordred instead. On NA, tell me how many Sigurds you see on support list, because the lack of Sigurd’s is noticeable and there’s a good reason for it. He’s just not that great right now. He NEEDS that buff.

That’s not a very good baseline to determine how good a Servant is as it can also be massively influenced by popularity or just other bias, Sigurd himself is a ST Servant so that’s one more point to him being unlikely on support, and did his buff for some reason influence his popularity on people’s support list? no.

Doesn’t Cesar NP5 hit harder than an NP1 Musashi? If a f2p servant is out damaging an SSR then I’d say we have a problem. It’s not like comparing a NP5 SR Vs and NP1 SSR.

I wasn’t comparing NP5 Caesar with NP1 Musashi, I was comparing him with NP5 Musashi, who has the hardest hitting NP for a ST Saber. I was stating that Caesar could become the 2nd (3rd now) hardest hitting ST Saber in terms of NP damage just by being lucky or by having half health, he deals 79,504 damage (71,566 to 87,363) at max luck check which makes him outdamage all of these Servants

Just for the sake of it, here’s Caesar complete damage at all luck checks
No Luck Check: 55,595 damage (50,048 to 61,086)
1x Luck Check: 60,376 damage (54,351 to 66,341)
2x Luck Check: 65,158 damage (58,655 to 71,597)
3x Luck Check: 69,940 damage (62,959 to 76,852)
4x Luck Check: 74,722 damage (67,262 to 82,107)
5x Luck Check: 79,504 damage (71,566 to 87,363)

His damage range just fluctuates so rapidly.

As for MHXA. It gives her more opportunities to be used for her Niche and not just for damage purposes as she’s being used on NA. To nuke any boss with DSS. Given she would need NP levels (2-3) whereas her Buff makes NP1 very serviceable.

My MHXA is NP1 and I’ve encountered 0 problems with her. My problem isn’t with MHX, but with MHXA outdamaging MHX in her niche that is just much stricter than MHXA’s. Again, current MHXA NP5 deals 206,528 damage (185,875 to 226,975) to Sabers while MHX to Saberface Sabers deals 178,930 damage (161,037 to 196,644).

@lapucelle223

I mean that’s fit with his lore so…

Lore-wise Qin Liangyu’s third skill deals extra damage to bandits/pirates or anti-heroes.
Lore-wise Muramasa’s NP is supposed to kill himself as Tsumugari Muramasa (the sword) only meant to be used by divine entities.
Lore-wise Avenger Nobunaga’s third skill is hella busted.
Lore-wise Ivan is supposed to have Lawful and Chaotic alignment constantly switching together due to Contradictive Mind.
This one’s not really lore-wise but Nightingale’s Skill, Angel’s Cry, is targetable instead of party-wide, apparently she cried so hard that the servants went deaf and she can only apply aid to one of them.
etc etc.

Lore isn’t really an excuse to ignore balance.

6 Likes

I think that’s a little unfair to Skadi - she can do a bit more than just Quick looping. I wouldn’t bring double Skadi to a long fight but… I don’t usually bring double Merlin either. You just get more value bringing two Servants with complementary kits instead of doubles. A Skadi/Osakebehime shell is good for mid-length fights but will lose sustain over a longer battle, and with the right Servants Skadi/Merlin is a perfectly functional Quick-oriented sustain shell. She can also contribute to force-loop builds with 50% battery Servants or set up locked Quick crits with BBikini.

Quick does definitely need more support options than one limited Caster and one kinda mediocre Assassin but Skadi is more than just DSS.

2 Likes

I Wish they didn’t costrict themself so much with some of those mechanic.
For exemple, why not crating a boss with 6 break bar?
I with they give more opportunities for stall team.
Trying to end the buster meta and going into a loop meta for 3 turn or die is not a brilliant plan.
That being said …

Okita buff should not be a thing.
It’s simply the worst buff ever created in fgo. It’s so bad desained it’s sad.
If they have added that effect to her second or even the third skill, fine, but on her quick burst… So dumb.

The class system. I don’t like how it is, with class like caster and assassin, who have a base lower attack, getting also much lower from the hidden mod. Why doubling down on that? And why do assassin have low attack ?
Also i already explained my point about the saber>lancer>archer thing in another post…

Most of the old buff.
Old buff like drake, with only damage increase. Why not some extra effect? Vlad didn’t need extra effect and you gived him.

Internal of servant with odd hit count distribution. Both from np and buster. Why do a servant like scathach need such low internal for her buster? Emiya assassin to.

1 Like

I’m happy how the game is, i like this unbalanace game as broken as it is

1 Like