Summer Wars 2020 - Battle II. - Rin (Alter) vs. Saber (Alter)

Winner of Battle I. Round I.: Jeanne d’Arc Alter

Previous Battles:

Round I. - Battle I.

In our next battle, two faces from the original VN compete against each other!

Ishtar (Rider)

Even more energetic than in her regular form, this lovely and cheerful Goddess hosts the currently active Dead Heat Summer Race. She graces everyones Chaldea once again for being the Welfare of this event. Last year she lost against the son of the Pendragon household with just a single vote. So this year she takes on the fierce looking father who’s dressed in a maid uniform.

Arturia Pendragon Alter (Rider)

Last year, she started this tournament in a battle against cute little Fran and basically beat her to a pulp. This sexy Maid has no chill - but that’s what we love so much about her. She’s completely devoted to her role as Maid who serves her Master in any situation. She lost against MIKOON in the quarterfinal - how far will she get this year?

• IshtarRiderFinalIcon Ishtar (Rider)
  • ArtoriaAlterRiderFinalIcon Arturia Pendragon Alter (Rider)

0 voters

General Information
  • Polls will last for 3 days and close automatically at 9 a.m. PST / 18 p.m. CET
  • Next Poll will start right after one ends
  • Matchups have been chosen randomly with this site: https://wheelofnames.com/#
  • This is NOT a gameplay poll. Choose your vote based on tastes. If a Servant is better or worse in gameplay should not factor in and often doesn’t even make sense in these battles, since they are random.
Rules
  • Keep it faire and sporting!
  • Discuss, Argue, Share Opinions - BUT DON’T BE TOXIC!
  • Not everone likes the same things - Don’t get offended when someone talks about things they don’t like about your beloved Servants!
  • Spoiling for a fight will lead to a flag - Keep it friendly and respectful!
  • Sharing pictures of your supported Servant is appreciated and expected (because they’ll go right into my FGO folder). But please keep them SFW as always.
  • Don’t slap Pandas
  • Always keep in mind: Swimsuit Contest
  • TROLLS AREN’T WELCOME HERE!
13 Likes

Sorry, Artoria, but Rin is best F/SN girl.

5 Likes

Finally, a saber-face gonna lose

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be too sure about that. Maid-Alter is super popular, as far as I can tell.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Rin is cute and all, but wow Maid Alter is insane. Basically if I can manage to roll her on her upcoming banner I’ll be pretty happy for the rest of the summer ( as far as FGO goes). Though she’s not my absolute favorite for summer servants, she’s probably in the top 5 for me.

5 Likes

The duality of woman :fgo_shock:

Rin ftw FTFY

2 Likes

It is kinda funny how Ishtar is showing so little skin in her “swimsuit” version, compared to her regular form. I’d at least like to know what her suit looks like. But whatever, I’ve seen Rin in several swimsuits, already (Hollow Ataraxia/Emiya Gohan, etc.)

Also, I must admit that Maid Alter’s FA art is among the best in the game.

14 Likes

And that’s the reason why i voted for Artoria, Rin > Ishtar (Sorry)

2 Likes

Nothing to be sorry about, there. Ishtar is just a pale imitation of Rin, more like a cheap knock-off than a new character. They basically just flanderized Rin’s (normally, fairly mild) tsundere tendencies, removed a lot of her empathy and common sense, and made her super greedy. Great job, DW, you made Diet Rin.

Still, I’ll take a Rin-face over a pale alter, any day. Looks like my opinion on white-skinned alters looking sickly isn’t shared by many, though…

6 Likes

I’m here for you Salter!

5 Likes

Easy choice for me, i’m going to go always with my King

I’m the second picture you can see a rare specimen the Simpgamesh

8 Likes

You are one of my people

2 Likes

Creepy dead eye maid or Ishtar. Yea easy choice, Ishtar. Something specifically about how sickly pale she is even compared to other alters and her yellow eyes makes the design for Salter not work at all for me. Its like she is a creepy mannequin or porcelain doll. So Ishtar takes it, also helps that she is Rin adjacent.

4 Likes

Right? It’s almost like the design was specifically meant to be creepy and disturbing.

Oh, right… It was.

4 Likes

Actually, skin colours are neither pro nor con for me. At least not in most cases.
But I can totally see where you’re coming from. Yet, still, I think Maid Alter’s Final Ascension artwork is definitely one of the hottest in the entire game. Buuut… I’m not too fond of Maid’s personality.
So I’m still going with Ishtar. Gotta love her chaotic and genki attitude. :fgo_ishtaridgaf: :fgo_ishtarwink:

13 Likes

People: she looks sick, creepy and disturbing like a porcelain doll :fgo_disgusting:
Gilgamesh:

12 Likes

You are one of my people too!

7 Likes

Malter, hands down. :fgo_saltersmug2:

5 Likes

@Prime43 :eyes:

5 Likes