Summer Wars 2021 - Battle I. - Fireworks vs. Guns

This could come down to the wire, hime all the way though

3 Likes

Always liked Osakabehime’s VA since I played her Halloween event. I loved visiting the shop to hear her “Why am I selling you items? Go home!” lol

4 Likes

It’s a pretty even call from me but Ibaraki pulls out just ahead. I find both of their quirks endearing and grating in equal measure, but Ibaraki’s bravado, combined with that giant flower in her hair, puts her just ahead. I’m weak to flowers-in-hair.

6 Likes

:feh_navarreculture:

Ibaraki all the way! :fgo_ibarakithink:

4 Likes

I was feeling like the odd one out for a second there so I’m glad you came thru

6 Likes

Definitely not! Ibaraki is one of my favorites.
:fgo_ibarakipanic:

6 Likes

So, funny oni story; as ServaFes was ending just recently, I thought I was 2 single rolls away from the bonus and forgot that meant you roll twice, then the next roll gives the bonus; three rolls would have dropped me below a 30 threshold, so I wouldn’t have done it had I had my head straight.

I dropped a single miscalculated 3-SQ roll, and… up popped Ibaraki Lancer! Of course she’d show up exactly when the human makes a misstep! Just like an oni for you.

…anyway, voting for Okkie because thicc.

3 Likes

Ibaraki I’d rate as the better actual servant for gameplay.
And she’s pretty good in the story from last year too :fgo_ibarakithink:
But I still voted for Okkie here because it says “gorgeous beauties” and Okkie isn’t baby while Ibaraki is (well, she was an adult in real life/lore from real life, but she’s baby here)

7 Likes

From a design perspective:

Banana= 3/5
NEET= 4/5

From their personalities:

Banana is a headstrong, hedonistic miscreant with a soft side -
—- 4/5

NEET may have been better before localisation but with random japanese words haphazardly mixed into her speech, she’s a hardsell. She is petty bland as a character unless you find her pitiable nature endearing.
—-1/5

Final Score:

Oni vs Okki
7/10 - 5/10

5 Likes

Came here to support my lil baby Banana Oni, but the Okkie art above this is making it rather hard for me…

4 Likes

2 Likes

I’m here rooting for the banana simply because the type of childlike innocence is kinda endearing

I also loved her dynamic with Robin during summer 3

6 Likes

2 Likes

Also during Halloween with uh Brave Liz? I think it was that one, not the Mecha Eli one.

2 Likes

Well well well, if it isn’t the next round of Summer Battles. Nice! :fgo_meltpensive: :sparkler: It’s good to see you alive and kicking @Fall-Moon, I did shared some of the same worries as Recks above.^ Glad you’re here though! At any rate, it should be exciting to see how the story’s development gives impetus or a new light to one servant or another. That often comes out be a turning point.

As for this I round, I think I’ll have to go Okkie. And I won’t lie, I do think she complains a somewhat too often in some of her dialogues, but her quirky nature and attempts at becoming better at things she struggles with win me over at this end. (Her SSR variant also showed up twice [out of the blue] on last year’s summer 3 banner so I’ve had plenty of fun fielding her as a specialty Assassin support since. i.e. another side factor. :fgo_nitosheets:)

Note: I will give this to Banana Oni though. She’s very fun and chill in a taunting but charismatic sort of way, specially given her sweet tooth interactions in Halloween and all. Probably a matter “quirk type” preference here. Solid choices on both.

3 Likes

So I’m not really a fan of ibaraki at all so okkie wins by default.

A more dominant performance for Osakabehime than even I thought she’d have. But huge props to her supporters.

And credit to those praising ibaraki. She deserved all that.

5 Likes

7 Likes

2 Likes