Summer Wars 2021 - Battle II. - A Mysterious Fight

Winner of Battle I. Round I.: Osakabehime

Previous Battles:

Round I. - Battle I.

Oh boy, here we go…

The new big star in the Servant world competes against the Servant from another star!

Mysterious Alter Ego Λ

Just who could this graceful beauty covered with a wide penguin hoodie be? Will we ever find out?
All jokes aside: the sadistic yet lovely Meltryllis changed her class to Lancer and follows her heart of a ballerina by starting a career as ice dancer.
Now, not only does she dress as a penguin - a few of these cute little creatures follow her around most of the time (and they attack enemies for her).
Will she be able to shine brighter than anyone else in this tournament?

Mysterious Heroine XX

Still not a Takeuchi-Servant, but a Saber-face nonetheless.
As one of the finalists of last year’s tournament, she’s definitely a strong contender.
An overworked and underpaid space cop on the hunt for dangerous Foreigners.
She’s a 3-in-1: a Gundam, a Symphogear fighter and a hot Summer Babe. What’s not to like about her?
Last year she won against a strong contender in Jeanne, but ultimately lost against her Alter version. Will she get another chance at going for gold?

• Meltryllis Mysterious Alter Ego Λ
  • MHXX Mysterous Heroine XX

0 voters

General Information
  • Polls will last for 2 days and close automatically at 9 a.m. PST / 18 p.m. CET

• Next poll starts right after previous one ends

• Matchups have been chosen randomly with this site: Wheel of Names

• This is NOT a gameplay poll. Choose your vote based on tastes. If a Servant is better or worse in gameplay should not factor in and often doesn’t even make sense in these battles, since they are random.

• Regarding the pictures/ascensions I use for showcasing the Servants: I try to pick the ones that I feel make them look best. Also, I only use the official artworks from the game.
    I try to be objective with those decisions, but I’m afraid personal bias is hardly avoidable. But that’s why you can and should share pictures to support them.

Rules
  • Keep it faire and sporting!
  • Discuss, Argue, Share Opinions - don’t be toxic!
  • Keep in mind: Not everone likes the same things - Don’t feel offended when someone talks about things they don’t like about your beloved Servants!
  • Spoiling for a fight will lead to a flag - Keep it friendly and respectful!
  • Sharing pictures of your supported Servant is appreciated and expected (because they’ll go right into my FGO folder). But please keep them SFW as always - don’t go further than the game itself goes.
  • Always keep in mind: Swimsuit Contest
  • We don’t need trolls here!

Out of recency, I’d like everyone to avoid starting discussions about the JP Summer Event News. There already are other more appropriate threads for that.
I know it won’t be an issue, but I just wanted to make sure we stay on topic.

12 Likes

My loyalty will have to go to melt since I like her a bit more, would be happy with either going further though

4 Likes

I like both but I’m going to have to go for XX here

9 Likes

XX for me! Love her personality, super fun character.

8 Likes

I don’t like Melt. Not her Alter Ego, not her Lancer form. Idk why. It’s XX for me!

7 Likes

MHXX is gonna win, I think. She’s strangely extremely popular

3 Likes

I can think of at least two reasons

4 Likes

We can relate to the “underpaid, overworked” aspect of her :feh_navarreculture:

17 Likes

Yeah sure totally

1 Like

Tough for two of my favorites too be against each other in the first round. I’m going to vote Melt in an attempt to bribe her to answer my summons haha

3 Likes

It’s because she’s great.

2 Likes

Gotta be Pingu for me. She cute. And…Penguins!

89359338_p0_master1200
Reference

12 Likes

I always liked how clean and neat MHXX looked…

But Pengu-chan in a swimsuit is COOL

flat is ju-

4 Likes

The first vote was uneventful but this one is tough for me, I really like both of them.
Melt new penguin power is super appealing but MHXX has her gundam and overworked working lady power, it’s really hard to choose.
In the end, I think Melt has a big disadvantage in the fact we haven’t seen her in the event yet. I can’t support her without knowing her new personnality.
So it’s MHXX for me.

5 Likes

Same…

4 Likes

I wish this match came after melt is introduced in the current event. If the poll is still up when she enters the story I may revist.

In terms of artwork this Melt is not as interesting as her basic self, that ones is elegant and has a sense of grace. This one is fine. Doesn’t really stir anything, its definitely not bad but nothing special. MHXX has great looking art all the way through, lots of interesting tiny detail on her armor, lots of call backs on her swim suit form. So MHXX wins on that part.

In terms of personality I like Melt well enough but I don’t know her summer version and summer version are becoming increasingly less like their normal versions this is important. Normal melt definitely has things I like and dislike about her personality. MHXX on the other hand has the distinction of being the only artoria I actually like. I identify hardcore with her overworked and underpaid existence. The desire to make it through the day but to buckle down when it matters most. She is always funny ,fun, and a joy to see in game. So MHXX wins on this front.

I reserve the right to change my mind later if summer melt is awesome when we get to her.

10 Likes

Melt! XX has refused me enough times already

2 Likes

Lambda, only reason: Sunglasses.

It was hard since both are nice~

4 Likes

Will absolutely give full support for Melt here. Even just based on her OG character she’s top tier. The CCC event nailed the good of her character and let her shine as one of the best partner/allied servants of a major story event. Has her flaws to be sure, but she both gets them and a good part of that is on BB’s shoulders anyways.

Gameplay wise we’re talking about a top tier arts looper and that’s not going out of style anytime soon. Has the tools to thrive right now and will only get better when that Castoria age arrives.

And come on…Penguins! That first outfit may be the best summer look period in the game. Throw in the shades and she’s basically unstoppable. And all the ascensions work in different ways to show off her lovely qualities. Good work done on the design side.

Love some XX for sure. She’s fun and had a nice role in the previous event. I don’t really use her very much, but she’s not bad. Solid in that anti-berserker role and of course has all those X quirks. Not my favourite but not bad at all.

Definitely an underdog situation for Melt out of the gate. Hasn’t really been seen by most people playing the event. And she’s up against a major player from last year’s event. Can only hope and pray she appears before the voting is over or it’s a pretty tall mountain to climb. Even then that depends on people going back to their vote before it ends. Of course life, polls, and gacha are all affected by luck. Just a bad luck moment for the character here.

9 Likes

Sorry XX

Lambda has my vote

3 Likes