Summer Wars Battle I. - Summer, Sun and Swimsuits

Summer! Swimsuits! Waifus!

Or something like that.
While the rerun of last years Summer Event has already been announced and the new one following soon after, I thought of doing a little tournament.
In the next few weeks we are going to do one-on-one battles featuring Summer Servants from last years and this years Event.

General Information on the battles:
  • 16 Summer Servants = First Rounds consists of 8 Battles
  • Every battle lasts for Three Days. The Servant with the most votes gets into the next round.
  • The polls close automatically three days after each battle at 8 pm CET, which is 11 am PDT. (hopefully I set the timer for the poll right, since I’m not 100 % sure with which time gamepress computes)
  • I’ll try my best to start the next battle at around that time.
  • Results will be shown when poll is closed. I’ll announce the winner at the beginning of every following battle.
  • Below the poll you’ll find a table of the battles. I’m going to update it with every new battle.
  • The Final Battle is going to start August 19th. So this will accompany us through most of Summer.
  • Every battle was decided randomly using this randomizer. (https://wheelofnames.com/)
  • Because battles are random, the outcomes of some battles may be obvious from the start, because some Servants are renownedly more popular. But in the end, the ones to lose wouldn’t have made it to the final anyway. So please keep that in mind.
As for the Rules:
  • You can only pick one Servant - choose wisely
  • Choose your pick based on taste!
    As said, the battles were decided randomly. Class, skills, utility and so on can be totally different, so it would make no sense to pick based on gameplay.
  • Be nice to each other! Everyone has different taste and there’s no right nor wrong.
  • Lastly and most importantly: Have Fun!

Now, for the First Battle we have two Servants from this years Event.
The first one is the one and only Maid Servant: Arturia Pendragon Alter Rider
The second Servant is shy, but cute and during Summer actually able to talk to you: Frankenstein Saber

• ArtoriaAlterRiderFinalIcon Arturia Pendragon Alter Rider
    • FrankensteinSaberStage2Icon Frankenstein Saber

0 voters

Table of Battles

I wish everyone a cheerful Summer and - since we have 1/2 AP Days right now - a happy farming! May you hoard a lot of QP, EXP and Mats!
And without further ado, let’s start the first Battle!

8 Likes

carniphan salter, obviously

strongest quick NP means jack in the break bar meta. stunmemes, on the other hand

it took me an embarrassingly long time trying to parse this, before realizing it isn’t talking about apoc/fgo jack

3 Likes

yeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhh… my vote def isn’t for baber alter in a maid swimsuit. she’s in no way a servant that i’ll max grail and 10/10/10 her skillz upon summoning…

it’s totally impossible for me to be sarcastic

2 Likes

I’ll need to watch Fran’s animations to decide who to vote for - already saw Sith maid’s and was thoroughly underwhelmed and disappointed that her classy lolrifle isn’t, in fact, a firearm but a fockin’, fancy super-soaker - one of the key reasons I. Do. Not. Want. original summer Queen of Knights.

Fran is literally my waifu so that one’s easy.

1 Like

Okay, not a demo-vid, but there’s enough Fran-action.

Yeah, that owns.
As I said, the fact that maid doesn’t have a proper lolrifle just kills her for me. Easy pick.

3 Likes

These fierce eyes… :catroll: salter

I got to go with Summer Fran. She’s all chatty which just further boosts the adorable factor. Seems quite a bit of fun to use and listen to in a fight. And her noble phantasm is going all Jet Zanber on her enemies.

She gets my vote in this case.

1 Like

IMO not only is summer Fran better gameplay-wise, but she’s also cuter in both design and animations so it’s an easy pick.

1 Like

Dang first turn but allready hard choice. salter got those eyes but frank got that cuteness

I’ll vote for Maid Alter all the way to the win, sorry Fran. You’re in my top 3 but you ended up against my top 1 . :fgo_pout:

Fran is a godsent, but Altria’s gaze is too good to be second place.

Fran is just adorable, in whatever form or shape she shows up…
:fgo_pout:
See? Perfect choice :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks @Fall-Moon for making polls like these! I’ve been so busy I haven’t even updated the There Can Be Only One threads since before Agartha. So much to do!

I had the exact same format in mind except restricted to their own event - so I am glad you were able to get these going. If you need any help with images and stuff - just send me a message and I can tell you how to pull them from the site without having to upload them yourself.

1 Like

I know it’s somewhat late, but for anyone doesn’t want to spend too much time looking for a demo-ish recording of Maid Alter going at it, here she is murder-killing stag-thing with a mop (quality could be better, though)

+1 for mop, -3 for fact she has a super-soaker and not a rifle - see bayan Laqshmi for how it’s done <3

2 Likes

Summer Fran no doubt. After watching both servants’ animations I just instantly found Fran to be adorable in comparison. Especially that cute voice of hers.

1 Like

I will defriend you if you don’t vote for best girl Fran. :fgo_badciv:

Not gonna lie, I’m surprised that the King of Maids beat Fran. I mean, I voted for her, but I’m still surprised.