Summoner Duels S Ban Polls

Sup. With Summoner Duel S being a thing, opponent can ban 2 teams out of the 4 you field. While the mode is not out yet, we can get opinions of the bans by showing a brigade of all 4 teams you plan to bring. Try not to use merges as your reference point as we don’t know if that is public information.

Feel free to add your own polls. Here’s mine.

Ban 2 teams. :catbang:

• Row 1
  • Row 2
  • Row 3
  • Row 4

0 voters

5 Likes

Instant whatever Yuri is too annoying to deal with since my miniscule amount of far save tanks can’t handle him.
Instant vantage VPalla is absolute piss aids to deal with and I’d rather not risk my teams that can deal with her getting banned.

And since this is gonna be a thread, may as well post my own

• Row 1
  • Row 2
  • Row 3
  • Row 4

0 voters

Sidenote, I would use Yuri instead of Flayn, but I don’t have him yet.

2 Likes

• Uno
  • Dos
  • Tres
  • Quatorze

0 voters

3 Likes

@Maskilraid row 3 is the most definite ban because I can’t equip hardy bearing on all of my teams.
It’s close between row 1 and 2 but I’d pick 2 to avoid NY!Dagr. If you can’t deal with Yuri by now then Idk what you were doing since SD released.

Row 4 seems like whatever in comparison.
I wonder whether we’ll be able to check out the kits in the final mode. It’s kinda rough to decide within 30 seconds.

2 Likes

Yuri is probably gonna be the instant ban because his mobility is dumb.
I myself is considering putting him in the team i least wanna play.

As for your Valentine Palla+Winter Bernie combo, people aware of it and who don’t have proper counter will probably ban it aswell.

2 Likes

Instant ban B!Hector cause i have no way of dealing with it.

I wouldn’t ban your yuri cause i can’t see a way for him to precharge 4 turn special in that team, meaning he’s not going to be a threat.

Instead, DuoDagr Pathfinder shenanigan seems more of an issue.

3 Likes

You can’t. It’s written in the update.

6 Likes

Bruh I was expecting something like this, but 100% is ridiculous. :feh_bylethconfused:

7 Likes

Yuri AND Alfonse with precharged specials AND Pathfinder?

:catdestroy:

To me, anything with too much range and power is an instant-ban and the teams who struggle to move would probably have a harder time against all of my teams running precharged nukes.

5 Likes

I was afraid that this is the case. It’s kinda dumb because it makes a huge difference if your Bagel is a far save or a near save unit. Or perhaps your Palla doesn’t have vantage, just as an example.

Then again 30 seconds isn’t nearly enough to make an informed decision so w/e.

2 Likes

At least banning unit that are too annoying for you to cover should help.

I prefer this over Summoner Duel R.

2 Likes

I agree I think it should atleast be 45 sec per ban
10 sec to glimps over the comps
20-ish sec to think about what my units could counter depending on what they could’ve
10 sec of panic and doubt
5 sec of banning the teams

Also personally I could see SDS being more popular of the fact that it practically needs more skills with banning and decision make beforehand and sort of outdrafting the opponent to make your battle more your sided
Feels like IS sort of used SDR as a step stone to make SDS more competitive

5 Likes

So if, hypothetically, that was a bogey team, would using an infantry dancer instead of peony seem more threatening?

2 Likes

The problem is putting together 3 really strong teams that can do well in this mode. Ngl I don’t have 4 well built far save tanks or more than Idk 3 units with canto.

I imagine it’s pretty impossible for newer players to win anything in this mode. You gotta know all units and weapons by heart to have an idea what you’re going to face.

I do like the stategic aspect of it though. I just hope it won’t be nearly as tough and stressful as SDR.

1 Like

:-D I guess most players wouldn’t even realize that this is your bogey team. I also voted for #1 an #4 but I do think Yuri+Catria isn’t anything to scoff at. Chrom is also like having an extra dancer on the team.

1 Like

and that’s the point

Desired team is Canto fever, I legit would never use any of the others.

1 Like

Yeah, definitely. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I can’t believe they’re pulling this shit when I don’t even have one viable team for Summoner Duels

But it doesn’t matter. Once again, Favor is required to even play it, and once again, I don’t have Favor.

4 Likes

It’s worth noting that you’ll get Max Reward for the first edition of Summoner Duel S, regardless of your score or ranking (if you participated).

I don’t know if that’s enough to motivate you, but at least it seems IS is aware Summoner Duel is sulked by some player.

3 Likes

Dancer Miccy it is :)

1 Like