Surprise! I did something stupid!

Okay so.
I love Halloween.
It’s my favorite holiday ever and I am a fanatic. I love spooky stuff, the adrenaline of being afraid and…costumes. I adore dressing up in a costume, especially cosplay. I love being a character and bringing them to life.
Sooooooooooo
Last year, I did something extremely impulsive and definitely stupid.

I bought a Chrom costume for $150.
I know, I know, a giant waste of money if it was only for Halloween but I had about $200 saved up and didn’t know what to do with it, seeing as I don’t pay bills and such, and instead of saving up for something important like a car or, I dunno, college, I impulsively bought a Chrom costume and Wig with all my money 4 months before Halloween.

See now my problem is… It no longer fits me. It barely fit when I ordered it and now, a year later, it’s too small because I miraculously grew a bit (now I’m 5’2 and 3/4"). So after that money going down the drain, the costume no longer has a use and I am unsure where to go from here. Do I sell it? Donate it? Put it on display? Learn how it was made and start a forbidden assembly of Chrom costumes? It’s just sitting there collecting dust and it makes me sad.

2 Likes

:feh_thinkinglikelukas:

For real though, if it doesn’t fit you anymore, than you should probably sell it, and get at least some of your money back. You could always keep it for sentimental reasons if you wanted to, but it’s up to you in the end.

A Chrom costume does sound awesome though, it’s a shame that it doesn’t fit anymore.

5 Likes

:feh_lynstare:

3 Likes

Donate it to the Adrift Foundation.
We specialize in Chrom and helping Chrom’s find homes in my barracks

7 Likes

Damn, if i also didnt know it wouldn’t fit me I’d order it to surprise my friend. Then again, she might want it since she loves him.

Hmmmmm

1 Like

Your friend has good taste :feh_navarreculture:

3 Likes

Is she smol? Cuz it’s a smol.

Sadly no. She’s taller than you too, RIP

Do you have a link of where you got it? Curious about the quality

1 Like

Perhaps you have a friend you could give it too? That could be good to get it’s money’s worth.

Are there any other particular circumstances that made it so you couldn’t fit in the costume (for example, some weight/muscle gain)?

1 Like

Halloween is the best time of the year :feh_arvisboneappetite:

As someone who looks like Jakob almost year round, I say find someone to modify it so it fits, instead of getting rid of it. Sure, it might be a little embarrassing to ask someone to do it, but who cares about that anymore.

2 Likes

I ordered it on Amazon from COSTHAT. Pretty much the only sellers of Chrom cosplay on Amazon. It’s still there
https://www.amazon.com/COSTHAT-Emblem-Awakening-Cosplay-Costume/dp/B074FYVBDT/ref=mp_s_a_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=fire+emblem+cosplay&qid=1592638572&sprefix=fire+emblem+co&sr=8-18

Bring it to a tailor, see if they can do something.