T1's chaldea - the beginning of another adventure

Hello everyone

This is my first post on the forum after lurking (read: Gaining knowledge) for a long time.
I don’t know if there’s already a mega thread where you can post stuff like this but I figured I would like to say hello to everyone before jumping right in.

First let me thank you all for this community. I love you all. I don’t know how many times I been so grateful to the guides on the gamepress site (and info on other sites) or the help/guiding/answers I read on the forum from you people. Thank you all for that. :fgo_alterawiggle:

So who am I? Well, I’m a Typemoon fan. Been that since the first 2 novels came out in Japan and we had some fantranslation caused by the Tsukihime fantranslation. (…and now I feel old, shit. :fgo_alterasanta: ) Anyway, I’ve been with them for a long time and enjoyed a lot of their stuff. Did start on Japanese (kanjis still sux) but real life happened and even though I did follow on the Typemoon news, I did not start on the Japanese version of FGO or noticed when the NA version came out. Kinda sad for a Typemon fan who enjoys the first april on the Typemoon site, each year. (I loved the twitter election campaign or the horoscope wars)

So…I started playing Fate/Grand Order after a good friend of mine told me that it existed because I had forgotten everything about FGO. I started last year January and just right into the Da Vinci rerun. (I still hate myself for not getting the spiriton dress for Jalter). I did not know what the heck I was doing. I knew some rythm game with gacha but I was still a lost case. I couldn’t differentiate between CE and servants and…well I was more interested in the story. Got D’eon as my starter servant and spent half year discussion with myself “girl…no guy…no girl…yes girl, wait guy…shit…girl, must be girl”. Conclusion: Girl, I don’t care what anyone says, even if it’s DW!

Mind you, I did roll. I rolled the FP and the SQ rolls without knowing the difference and I was quite lucky. I got salt and pepper :heart_eyes: I don’t know if you people remember it but the Jeanne and Jeanne Alter banner was running too at that time. So I spent everything, and I got Jeanne first with the SQ and Jeanne Alter some days later with tickets. I was happy to get both cuz now I had a pair without knowing their worth. They carried me through thick and thin, the whole way through first part. That was nice. There’s a reason why they both got grailed, fou’ed and my first 2 flame grails. :fgo_buster: Seiba still eludes me although I was playing for Seiba. You know waiting to hear that「問おう。貴方が私のマスターか?」but alas still no Seiba, got her in summer version though. :kissing_heart:

My event playing went much better after I found the gamepress site. It was around the Kara no Kyoukai rerun. (I would’ve cried if I didn’t get Shiki, given how Shiki and Arcuied started Typemoon for me.) I probably wouldn’t be able to finish the event correct with my level and AP if not for the guide and the supporters from my friendlist. Thank you all for that. Thanks for carrying me to Shiki.

So how’s my chaldea?

• I’m a F2P and I won’t buy JPGs from DW, not even GSSR. I was going to once but since I’m in EU and it’s NA and DW is DW, well I’m still F2P until they open. hint hint DW
  • I don’t roll for guys. Not even support types. Yes, this makes the game more…“interesting”…but it’s still fun to play how I want it to be played. Each their own type of fun, right? ;) I play for waifus, and if some of them are awesome, I’m not complaining.
  • I don’t go for 1Ts or 3Ts, well most of the time they can be hard to go for, but I’m still where I like playing, hearing my waifus and seeing their animations. Sure, sometimes I would wish they would be gone (the animations, not the girls) and will do 1Ts if it’s needed, like when doing Barbatos but mostly I still like what I’m seeing.
  • I don’t have any of the big supports, but have Jeanne and Reines. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Skadi and Tamamo still eludes me. :fgo_brynsad: but one day…
  • Also, I haven’t been in mat hell, but is constant in QP hell even though I’ve only skill leveled or grailed a few of my SSRs.
  • I haven’t made any CE bombs yet
  • I regret not starting from day 1 in NA cuz the event SRs…such as summer Scáthach and xmas Seiba Alter. When will I get them if I ever will? :fgo_casgilworry:
  • My first farming was Barbatos-chan, didn’t see the point before. I still need to check out the FGA for the next farming stuff. Fingers hurt after last time…

I’ve learned a lot these 1½ years and I still have a lot to learn. I hope to use this knowledge to help other new starters who come to the forum and seek knowledge, while I also wish to discuss topics with the rest of you. I hope to help others love FGO and Typemoon as I do myself.

Please take care of me/Please be kind to me/Please I’m in your care/Let’s start the party

11 Likes

Aaaand you lost me

But welcome amongst us. Hope you make yourself at home.

16 Likes

Hello there and welcome to the community. I’m pretty sure there are a lot more here that’s been lurking a lot longer and are following the guides here and hope you enjoy your stay. The good thing about this community is most of the discussions here are civil and quite intriguing so if ever you want to check some threads or news or to just meme around, everyone is welcome.

There maybe some bad eggs or some questionable hot topics from time to time, but everyone on the community and moderators here are chill and very easy to discuss with. Hope you enjoy your stay. :hugs:

3 Likes

Well I gave in and rolled for Waver this last banner, and got spooked by Anya NP3 instead. It’s just not meant to be. :fgo_circereally:

Thanks, I’ve been following the forum for some time so now I hope to contribute too.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot! :smiley:

Ya, and that’s that makes it a fun place to be. There’s something for everyone here. Although I won’t be able to be as active as most people here, cuz of work and life, I will still try to follow up and be as active as I can. I should give again for all that I have received.

:catwave: Enjoy your stay!

1 Like

Welcome aboard.

1 Like

Welcome to the GP community, i hope that you have fun

3 Likes

Late but welcome and enjoy your stay!

The GP guides are pretty great I do agree ahaha

6 Likes

yoroshiku! :fgo_davinci: although I’m just a month here I can definitely say this community has great people to help you if you need to ask something and game press has useful tools and guides for your gameplay. But the community overall is really outstanding compare to others that make wars and debate about something so small here in GP community they are all kindhearted and very friendly so I can definitely say you’re in the right place when it comes to fgo discussion :fgo_oryou:

4 Likes

@Oduime
Thanks a lot. :catwave:

@kingjr9000
Glad to aboard, capt’n!

@terranort_asashin
Thanks, me too. The fun part. :fgo_alterawiggle:

@Tac_Tacc
Better late than never.
Indeed, we should remember to thanks GP staff for the valuable work they do.

4 Likes

Arigatou gozaimasu~ :fgo_gaooo:
Thank you senpai for the words. I’ve been lurking so I’ve been reading a lot of things, and I agree what everything you said. Although I have seen the petty fights too, it’s minimal, since most of the people here are nice people. That’s always nice for a community to become great. Just here to help making it great.

2 Likes