Thanksgiving - What are you thankful for?

Although it’s mostly a US holiday, it’s good to take time out of our busy lives to focus on the positives! It’s a nice break from our usual crippling depression and existential dread.

Personally, I think it’s at my worst spots in life that I appreciate this holiday the most. It’s hard to maintain a cycle of self-pity, frustration, and anger while trying to list out positives. And in my opinion, I believe that there’s always something to be thankful for. Finding the little things in life is how we can obtain a proper perspective in life on what’s really important. God knows that I’m nowhere near there yet, but hey. Gotta start somewhere.

Any timeframe works, really. I don’t think that limiting yourself to within the past week, month, or year really matters to the spirit of Thanksgiving.

I can personally probably find three things to be thankful for, though, for those timespans.

1. That the weather here hasn’t been too crazy and I can walk puppy without getting drenched in rain
  2. That I’ve found time to meet up with friends, who have made time in their schedules to hang out, regularly this month
  3. That although sometimes it feels like I’m making no progress this year in goals or growth, I have a family, friends, and a comfortable life. That’s enough for me.

Oh, yeah, did I mention that you’ll get a badge for posting in this thread? Chatter is fine, but please do keep it on topic! :fgo_megane:

32 Likes

I’m thankful that puppers exist in the world

18 Likes

I suppose I must be grateful then, gotta get those badges
I’m grateful for GP and all the cool people on here :feh_birbpeek:

16 Likes

Oh yeah, I’m also thankful for badges

12 Likes

I’ve always found it kind of awkward telling what I’m thankful for, but here we go!
(Sorry if these sound cheesy.)

1. I’m thankful I was fortunate enough to be born in a good financial situation with a nice house and things like running water and clothes. Many people aren’t even fortunate enough to get clean water, let alone many things they need to survive.

2. I’m thankful for my friends, whether it be in real life or the friends I’ve made on here. A lot of people don’t have any friends or people to socially interact with, and that can be damaging to their mental health.

3. I’m thankful to be living in a town with things like amazing school system and good hospitals. Many kids can’t get the education they need or the care that they need, so I’m glad I’m in this situation.

4. Garlic Bread. Self explanatory.

Anyways, that’s my little list! Yay!

17 Likes

I’m thankful for my fat ass amen

9 Likes

This has been a nice read :feh_larchsmile: well, I’m not an USA inhabitant so I don’t have a celebration for this day, but I think I could be thankful for many things, to name a few:

• Making GamePress: no seriously, I really love this place and the guides it provides have been helpful, I’ve learnt a lot about FEH and made friends here, this is so noice.
    I thank you and everyone else… for accepting me and having taught me a lot, we’ve came this far in here and I’d love to show in a way how much this means to me
  • Badges: yeeee :feh_nini: :bowing_man:t2:
  • My successes in life: studies, growth, alimentation, etc. … I feel I’ve had a good life so far despite the many handicaps here and there, I think like that of a mid class person. I’m thankful for that and couldn’t ask for more
  • FEH: of course I’m thankful to IS, lately the game has taken quite a few wrong directions at least :eyes:, but still it’s a game I love and I’m thankful for somes things, including my luck with summoning noice 5★s, having added many of my favourites, etc. but ofc one of the most important: adding Idoun onto the game, she’s been my favourite of the series since a few years ago and it fills me with joy to have her at last onto the game, officialy playable and perfectly done aesthetics, can’t ask for more :feh_arvisboneappetite: well, except for a few alts :eyes:.
    So yes, basically I’m thankful for the g00d things IS has done

There’s probably a lot for me to comment, but these are noteworthy I think!

17 Likes

I want a badge
Bye

6 Likes

We don’t do Thanksgiving around where I live we have “black friday sales” for some reason tho, but here goes:

• I’m thankful to RNGesus/the Gacha Gods for gracing me with pretty much every rate-up

• A big thank you to the FEH community, since I’m sure this community forum wouldn’t be nearly half as big without you guys whaling hard for every single waifu

• The Biggest of thank yous to Wikipedia for satisfying my spontaneous fact-checking my friends who still hang out/play games with me even though the FGO gacha has already dominated my life :fgo_astolfo:

Also I hope the others from the FGO section start posting here or I’ll feel like an outsider here

18 Likes

I’m thankful about…

• making good friends here – and in other communities too.

• playing soul-sucking fun Gacha games

• Finally getting Nat 5s outside of Selective in E7

• Finally getting Idunn in FEH and building Thrasir and Brunnya

• The fact that life is going well.

So thanks peeps, and have a wonderful day/evening/night/Thanksgiving!

19 Likes

I live in Canada so Thanksgiving happened in October for me but, i’ll add to this thread.

Other than the obvious being thankful for my fortunate living arrangements and whatnot, i’m thankful to GP and by extension, Feh. Around the time i joined the forum (including the old Q&A), i was going through a rough time in my personal life. All the negative things that started happening in school and with my family caused me to become depressed. Video Games and music helped me out, but what really helped was GP. Chatting it up with everyone in the Feh forum, all the polls and just random mess that happened here really started to bring me back. I would’ve never even found GP if it wasn’t for Feh and me being trash at making builds, so thanks for everything. Things are waaay better for me now compared to last year.

Hope i didn’t ruin the mood now where’s the badge?

15 Likes

There’s too many things in my life to be thankful and grateful for. :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I’m thankful for:

• Birb god @Impulse and the other moderators, thanks for a great site.

• GP homies, y’all crack me up.

• My family, I honestly don’t deserve them.

• Nintendo, 'nuff said.

• BOOKS, the best way to spend my time.

• My Lord and Savior Jesus Christ (this list is not arranged in order of importance)

• My country; I sometimes take it for granted how good things are here.

• Modern medicine; most of my family would be dead without it.

• P O L L S

• Blue Bell Ice Cream, the elixir of life.

• My fully functional body; many people aren’t as lucky.

• Music; my sanity would be gone without the help of my tunes.

16 Likes

That’s big talk coming from the FGO community lol

9 Likes

Obviously there are too many for them to whale for over there. :feh_corrinmug:

9 Likes

I’m thankful for being here in general, and this is a great community. To be in a place that isn’t financially struggling, which some are unfortunate enough to be in. Also my friends and family, but y’all don’t really know anything ab them soooooo…

But yeah, this place is great. :feh_hridexcited:

15 Likes

I’m thankful that I have people who care for me, and that there’s still people I have to care for

18 Likes

I’m thankful for many things in life. :feh_birbpeek:
Besides all the wonderful people here who make this community a great place to be, I’m thankful for my position in life in general. To not have to worry about where your next meal comes from, to live in a house that works & is comfortable, to have time to be able to play games like FEH. It’s the small things & things you’ve always had that are sometimes the most important.
Of course I have my worries, but I like to think that you should still always be positive in spite of all of it. Life will continue on, why mope your way through it? :feh_birbpeek:
Oooooh badge gimme

Bonus

Thanks @Impulse for making this :feh_birbpeek: emoji forever ago. I occasionally see that third newsletter while scrolling around, and it makes me ponder how this one little birb has changed my life maybe a bit more than it should have :feh_legion:
But it’s a good thing. Even with life making me prioritize other things, I hope that I will be able to spend time on GP continuing into the future. :feh_birbpeek:

Wait it’s a golden badge that can be used as a title? :eyes:
Profit! :feh_legion:

17 Likes

I’m grateful for GPS…now if I could only find where I put the dang thing!

15 Likes

Ok but if I have to pick some:

1. Family. My mom and dad may not have the best relationship, but at least I’m grateful to have a complete family.
  2. God for healing me during my depressive phase last year. And of course God and Jesus for everything he’s done for me.
  3. Being able to learn things quickly and understand things easily.
  4. This community I am apart of.
  5. Nino-chan
  6. Being able to learn what I want to learn.
  7. Being able to access water and food easily, where others may struggle to have.
  8. The fact I’m still alive.
  9. Friends that accept me the way I am.
16 Likes