The Aeaean Spring Breeze: Chaldea Boys Campaign 2022 Roll Thread!

Another year flies by and once more White Day arrives. And in Fate Grand/Order, we all know what that means!

It’s the best time of the year Chaldea Boys time!

This year we’ll abandon the criminal mantle of James Moriarty to set sail in an adventure in the Greek Island of Aeaea, and draw to a close the story of a hero and a heartbroken witch.

source

This banner’s main feature and the heartthrob of the new event is the (not) brand-new Servant, Ulysses! An AoE Arts Rider, he packs an all-around offensive kit, and his appearance is nothing to scoff at either. Greek ladies perhaps didn’t have the best of tastes but he’s not hard in the eyes either.

Art from this upcoming CE.

Clever, resourceful, handsome… Ulysses is a hero of great renown in the Western world, and famously left many broken hearts in his odyssey back to his homeland. One of them will be our protagonist this event and will share Odysseus’ spotlight in the banner: our resident witch and ST Buster nuke, Circe!

source

Most notably, Circe will have a rate up in the traditionally all-male banner, making her the only female featured in the pool wish that were me. Both Ulysses and Circe will be on rate up all days, for the entire duration of the banner.

Setting aside the first and last day of the banner… well, Ulysses is a great hero, but he’ll have to share the spotlight to let Chaldea’s finest shine through! General pool and Story-locked Male SSRs will rotate for each day, making it a great opportunity for those of you who want to nab some of them and can’t afford to cash in the ticket, can’t wait or don’t rely on spooks.

Here are them, in scheduled order, starting from 2/28 20:00 PST after Odysseus’ solo rate up.

Arjuna

source

Keeping up with his good looks, Arjuna packs everything you need in a Buster AoE Archer: charge, firepower, sustainability and breathtaking animations. Although often shadowed by his peers, he’s by no means a pushover, and is worthy of the title of one of India’s greatest heroes.

source

Cú Chulainn Alter

Still one of the best soloers in the game, Berserker Cú Chulainn has it all in one: dangerous looks, survival and a sharp spear. This is one of his rare rate ups too!

source

Achilles

Fellow Greek hero and the greatest hero of the Troy war, Achilles is also an AoE Rider. With his Quick NP, this man will grant you stars and victory with a smile. If you’re in dire need of an AoE Rider, you can’t go wrong by rolling in this day.

source

Karna

With his Divine Extra damage, Karna still sports the title of one of the best Lancers even years after release. If you want to deliver a hard punch, the Hero of Charity has your back. And he’s also a very sweet person.

source

Napoleon

Emperor of France and self-proclaimed embodiment of people’s dreams, Napoleon may seem like your run-off the mill Buster AoE Archer, but with an upgraded NP and his regular buffs he can hit hard. Donning a charming smile, there doesn’t seem to be a lot that this man cannot do.

source

Vlad III

The origin of the Dracula story, Vlad III still hasn’t lost his seat as a great ST DPS, Galatea notwithstanding. He might not be everyone’s cup of tea, but all of us have a weakness for his knitted sweaters.

source

Zhuge Liang (Lord El Melloi II)

Beloved, overworked Waver: hands down one of the best supports in the game, and a very handsome one to boot. Most will be snatching him with the SSR ticket, but he will have a rate up if you want to try your luck :fgo_wavermanic:

source

Li Shuwen (Assassin)

Featuring a simple, but devastatingly effective kit, this artial marts Master is available from the depths of story-locked Servants in one rare rate up. His Arts-crit based playstyle will most definitely obliterate any enemy that crosses your path.

source

Ozymandias

Another Rider, this time ST Buster, Ozymandias is still a solid hybrid support who will only get better with time (with some controversial buffs). Alas, his looks are still as sharp as ever. Nefertari was a lucky lady.

source

Enkidu

A soothing voice, a heartbreaking backstory, a flawless appearance, great for memes and bearer of one of the hardest hitting ST NPs in the game: what’s not to love about the King of Heroes’ best friend? They will also help keep in line any Gilgameshs you’ve got home.

source

Nikola Tesla

Just having had a rate up, the scientist comes again! If you missed him last time, he has an enviable 50% battery and a NP that packs extra damage. Just make sure he doesn’t have any encounters with a certain Presi-King!

source

Xiang Yu

Closing in our rotation, Xiang Yu may come last but not least. Perhaps not having the most attractive of appearances, Xiang Yu has an incredible crit/CQ potential, generating stars with his NP like crazy. If you choose the right team, this legendary warrior will make quick work of your enemies.

source

As mentioned above, the summoning pool will consist exclusively of male Servants, including story-locked ones. To the usual suspects (Bediviere, Salieri, Gilles, Colombus, Tristan, Gawain, Caster Cú, Emiya Alter, Edison) Asvatthama and Asclepius are added, two very powerful Servants in their own right. Remember, they are not on rate up, but they might be great bonuses if you’re either interested in the rate-up Servants or the Limited Time Craft Essences (which feature peerless art as always).

But no story is never-ending, and even Ulysses himself had to leave Aeaea to go home. At March 13th, 20:59 PDT, the banner will vanish just like the elusive islands Odysseus’ encountered on his journeys.

Best of luck, Masters, and may this banner give you what you seek! Whether it’s love or healing, the witch will try her best to cater to your desires!

:fgo_circehappy:

source

source

40 Likes

I already have the servants i want from this banner so dont think i will roll but good luck to everyone!

11 Likes

My goal was to gather at least effectively 1000 SQ for the CBC banner, but in the end, my stash totals to effectively 999 SQ lmfao
That one time I spent an SQ revive during my noob days really coming back to haunt me :catwalkaway:

I was planning to throw everything on day one, but now I might save some for Arjuna’s rate-up, depending on how the initial rolls go but there’s always the option to create the “rejected by Ody” club with Circe :fgo_drunkgil:

Great roll thread @cinnamon_cheshire btw, my art collection continues to grow :catballoon: Good luck to everyone rolling on the banner

27 Likes

Best of luck! I hope your rolls yield you good results :fgo_circehappy: last year we saw some amazing rolls so I’m praying this time will be the same for everyone.

11 Likes

So I can say with relative confidence I’m not gonna roll that much. Pretty sure our new guy is general pool last I checked so I’ll prob stop at np1. And even if he wasn’t I’d prob still stop at np1. Wouldn’t use him much when I already have np3 vinci

8 Likes

Yeah, he is general pool. His double taunt and NP that strips defensive buffs before activation are nice selling points, but he competes directly with the font of party NP charge that is Da Vinci Rider.

He’d be a great investment for anyone wanting to use him as a primary AoE Arts Rider or for anyone who really loves esport taunt strats, though.

15 Likes

This banner is very tempting, I already have Circe and I would like to get more NP levels on her, I do enjoy her character. Getting Odysseus would be amazing too but I also have enough things to level already… Not sure. Oh and good luck to all those rolling.

13 Likes

Some people really hated Gawain, etc after Camelot, but I’m really struggling with Odysseus and his actions in the last LB. I’m hoping for a cool redemption story I guess?

Circe is cool af though, mine was NP5 ages ago though.

Good luck to everyone rolling.

13 Likes

Original plan had been to allocate whatever I didn’t spend on Space Rin & Skadi from last year on this banner, but sadly getting NP2 Rin and whiffing on Skadi cost me ~1800 SQ. Now I’m feeling gunshy and saving mostly for Castoria, but will probably drop about 50 summons since Odysseus is a personal favorite of mine. If nothing else my story-locked 3*s could use some NP levels. Good luck to all!

12 Likes

I don’t know the event story yet, but since each Servant summoned to Chaldea is, with a handful of exceptions, a unique “copy,” redeeming his asshole performance in the LB arc shouldn’t be too hard.

13 Likes

On Ulysses’ defence, the one we met from the LB was from the LB itself, and PHH Odysseus even fought against him (which is the one we’ll meet in the event from what I gather). Still I hope his storyline will be cool since I have a soft spot for him. He was my favourite Greek hero as a child.

18 Likes

Honestly despite him being an asshole cause of being an antagonist I didn’t really get bothered by him at all. Only cause his presence in the story was so nonexistent most of the time

11 Likes

When he fed Chiyome I promised I’d burn the fucker if he ever came to my Chaldea, the following chapter calmed me down a bit thankfully :fgo_bblaugh:

But yeah, I hope I can get some kind of closure on that.

11 Likes

I actually read the Odyssey at a pretty early age and loved it. Jason and the Argonauts was also one of my favourite movies when I was about 8 as well, I loved the Greek mythology and stories back then. I’m probably not as much of a fan of it now as I was back then but I do still like that stuff.

12 Likes

My Castoria stash isn’t where I want to be yet, so I’m going to pass. I have Ivan (main) and Achilles(both) so while I don’t have an Arts equivalent, I’m pretty content with my Rider options for now.

Good luck to everyone rolling!

14 Likes

150 sq and 56 tickets, I have once again returned to try on Karna’s CBC day.

:fgo_lipburrito:

If I’m being honest I want both of them, but that’s really unlikely, in fact getting one is unlikely, but CBC is one banner I roll every year regardless.

I’m expecting nothing, but I have arrived all the same. 4th March it seems will be the day of my trial.

:fgo_casgilworry:

If nothing else tis a beautiful roll thread, good job Chessie, love the bois and love Circe. May everyone get whom they want!

:fgo_circehappy:

:catclap:

15 Likes

Going to roll a few tickets on the Cú Alter rateup to see if I can snag an NP copy for him or Caster Cú :feh_babyseliph:

12 Likes

Yeah, always interesting to see what Fate does with our favorite historical/mythical stories. Sometimes you love it, sometimes not.

6 Likes

I’m easy to please. Man is a Kamen Rider with a Mech for his NP. I’m sold.

5 Likes

Odysseus’ GP write-up is out. I generally agree with it, but I do think they missed an opportunity to highlight his unique double-taunt. No one until Miss Crane has a similar utility IIRC.

He’s not Da Vinci, but he’s still quite good. I probably would have given him a B+ based on his internals, his respectable NP, his anti-gimmick measures, and that interesting taunt.

8 Likes