The Black Knight build festival is now open

Please post your Black Knight builds or ideas here, Im having some fun thinking of stuff and wanna see everything
Or dont, I cant tell you what to do

Give your all

16 Likes

mine’s super budget and needs updating (hopefully I can get some Special Fighter), but here he is

:feh_bklul:

7 Likes

I hope you get the skills you want!
(BTW those were done in the unit builder id be crying if I had Daring Fighter and Armored Stride)

7 Likes

Ugh I can’t decide between zelgius or black knight. Both are at +2.

7 Likes

Welcome to my dilemma, both of mine are +3 and Zelgius is +Atk. If you want to use them in Arena, Zelgius would be better if you intend to merge him, if not, it’s not that important. If you want Spd and you won’t use them for Arena, BK is very slightly better and cheaper (at least in terms of orbs).

Then again, it’s more likely for Zelgius to get a Resplendent someday, so it’s still complicated.

3 Likes

Depends on which you are more willing to spend: Orbs or Grails

Zelgius also has a bit more BST so he scores higher in Arena (although he may have a rough time there with all the powerful blue threats, magic damage, and armor effectiveness running around).

Do note, however, that Zelgius’s revival passed back in March, and the earliest it will be back is late October. Pulling for him on the New Power banner is less than ideal since he will most likely be sharing with Ike and Ryoma, and Ryoma has worthless fodder

I wouldn’t count on 4 Star Specials to merge him either because the red pool for that is enormous

3 Likes

Yeah my zegius is +atk as well while I don’t need to apply trait fruits so I’ll probably invest more into zelgius

4 Likes

Unfortunately my grails are set on Sonia :heart_eyes: but a plus attack +2 zelgius ain’t too bad. I’ll just have to wait till he’s back another time

4 Likes

I gave the refine to Zelgius as well but I didnt show him since mine is at +1 only, but at later merges with the same builds Zelgius gets a little bit of an edge, and since speed is not that important anymore to trigger Black Luna, his lower speed stat doesnt matter as much (and even then, its only 1 less speed overall)

3 Likes

Mine has Special Fighter/Bold FIghter and Steady Stance4/Fort. Def/Res 4 (and Armor March if that matters) already inherited.
I will switch around all the skills he already has to see which one turns out to work best, but I feel that Fort. Def/Res 4 + Special Fighter will work best. I don’t have Special Spiral Fodder right now sadly.

Also, giving him Atk/Def Unity is too much of an investment for me rn as I only have 1 Fjorm I could fodder off and want to keep my only B!Dimitri for ARO

3 Likes

Either the Fort or a Dual Stance 3 skill, since the Fort lowers his attack, but then it would overlap with Special Fighter because of the guard effect

3 Likes

For me, the 2 points less atk for 6 Def/Res seems to be a fair trade even though he wants to have every atk he can have because of Black Luna.
He is also already +ATK through Trait fruits

3 Likes

Well Bracing Stance gives the same defenses but I see your point, also helps that yours is +Atk and mine is +Spd (which I am considering changing because of how he doenst really need to double anymore to get his special), so the Atk loss isnt that prevalent

4 Likes

Nothing fancy, but if I were to build him. Instant Black Luna and the weapon and an actually decent res stat for EP.

6 Likes

Wow, Black Knight is amazing with his new refine, definitely my strongest unit now!

JK, I don’t have any of the DC units

5 Likes

I’ve been trying to build mine, but he’s missing an arm:
Oh well, at least it’s just a scratch.

10 Likes

That daring fighter build is very tempting. I have it on my winter nino but debating on giving zelgius daring

5 Likes

Spd is also useful against windseepers. I wouldn’t be so quick to dismiss it.

2 Likes

I’m still stuck on the classic Steady Breath + Bold Fighter for my BK, but honestly it works well, since his baseline of instant Black Luna is already there. I’d try for something more “out there” if I had the fodder to spare, though.

Another thing I remembered is that I did have multiple Fjorms that I could have used for Atk/Def unity before, but I merged them all into a +Atk one shortly before the Legendary remixes were announced, and the regret just bit back again.

2 Likes

What can I say, I like Vantage builds!

5 Likes