The future of refines?

Hey guys, I’m on a train and have some spare time and was wondering: we will soon reach a point with weapon refines where units have some busted weapons or lengthy descriptions with multiple effects (Igrene or Mareeta for example tho these are the first ones to pop to my mind).

Which road do you think they’ll take? Add even more effects or stats to these weapons? Not refine some of them as they are doing with Reinhardt?

I can’t even think of refining something like this one day :rofl:

Screenshot_2021-10-22-18-38-45-12_08ec35600c34dc2fc5d3c148e5878b88
(That’s F!F.Morgan btw)

3 Likes

They’ll be given the square bracket treatment, similar to Triangle Attack, Dagger 7, and WTA effectiveness.

8 Likes

They’ll refine them eventually. I don’t see anybody not getting besides whoever is the most recent when the game shuts down, and possibly prf-less seasonal units because they actually have been skipped over consistently.

7 Likes

I’m scared of the day we get a refine to F!Edelgard or L!Lilina … what would be the state of the game by then? 300 bst units?

8 Likes

I mean og!flora’s dagger was pretty lengthy as well and they already did her refine

8 Likes

Yeah… I was thinking more of the units with an excess of effects, but you might get a milder refin then I guess

2 Likes

Iirc flora’s refine revolved more around tweaking the effects she already had than anything else

That’s probably what they’re gonna do for the other essay weapons when they get to them

6 Likes

RIP people with small screens, they are gonna have to add a scroll bar to read the whole refine description :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

They’ll just add a “page 2/exit” option to the effects or go the auto-scroll route. No big deal. I mean not like 17 effects on a single weapon is going to be ridiculous overkill or anything

8 Likes

Base effect:

Accelerates Special trigger (cooldown count-1)
Grants spd +3

Unit can counterattack regardless of foe’s range

Refine:
Effective against everything
Enables【Canto (3)】
Neutralizes effects that grant “effective against” and “neutralizes effects that are effective against” during combat. Foe cannot recover HP during or after combat. During combat, neutralizes effects that grant “Special cooldown charge +X” to foe or inflict “Special cooldown charge -X” on unit. If unit’s hp is >=25% grants atk/spd/def/res +5 to unit and inflicts atk/spd/def/res -5 on foe during combat and ignores skills that allow units to “take place of foe”. If unit’s hp>=50% neutralizes unit’s penalties and neutralizes foe’s bonuses during combat and heals 8 hp after combat. If foe initiates combat and foe’s range = 2, reduces damage dealt to unit by 75% and foe cannot make a follow-up attack. If foe initiates combat and foe’s range = 1, inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on foe during combat. If foe initiates combat and foe’s hp>=25% neutralizes effects that prevent unit’s follow-up attacks and counterattacks. If unit is within 2 spaces of an ally grants an additional atk/spd/def/res +5 to unit and inflicts an additional atk/spd /def/res -5 on foe during combat and neutralizes effects that guarantee foe’s follow-up attacks. If unit initiates combat foe cannot make a follow-up attack and cannot counterattack. If unit initiates combat and foe has skill that “reduces damage by X%” disables that skill and after combat, if unit attacked, inflicts Special cooldown count +1, 【Guard】, and【Deep Wounds】on target and foes within 5 spaces of target. If foe initiates combat against an ally within 5 spaces of unit, triggers【Savior】on unit. If unit triggers Savior, grants atk/spd/def/res +4 during combat and unit can counterattack before foe’s first attack. Unit takes 2 damage after combat.

【Canto (3)】
After an attack, Assist skill, or structure
destruction, unit can move 3 space(s).

(Unit moves according to movement type. Once
per turn. Cannot attack or assist. Only highest
value applied. Does not stack. After moving,
if a skill that grants another action would be
triggered (like with Galeforce), Canto will
trigger after the granted action. Unit’s base
movement has no effect on movement granted.
Cannot warp (using skills like Wings of Mercy)
a distance greater than 3 space(s).)

【Guard】
Inflicts Special cooldown charge -1 on target
per attack during combat through its next action.
(Only highest value applied. Does not stack.)

【Deep Wounds】 Unit’s HP cannot be healed through its next action.

【Savior】 Unit takes ally’s space, enters combat in ally’s place, and receives all after-combat effects. Savior will not trigger if ally is on terrain that unit cannot move to or if multiple units are able to use Savior during the same combat. If Savior triggers, after-combat movement effects do not occur.

21 Likes

【YEET】 Unit says GTFO and yeets all foes within a 20 tile radius. When YEET activates, it also deletes the defender’s account in PVP modes.

14 Likes

You know that sounds like it should be a Dagger weapon!

4 Likes

Wow u really took the time to do that haha. It doesn’t even sound crazy by today’s standards

5 Likes

[Pacifier] Unit wins the match. If used in Aether Raids, player will not regenerate lift from any aether pots destroyed during the match, and player will not be able to participate in another match for 24h.

Player will also have a [pacifier] icon displayed next to their name in competitive modes for 24h, and any successful rematches against a player with [pacifier] active on their account will count for double lift earned (on the part of an attacker) and lost (on the part of a defender).

6 Likes

Haha, I hope they make the text so tiny and not scrollable that you can’t even read weapons or skills going forward :catburn:

4 Likes

Think Yugioh. It is approaching that point, if not already.

4 Likes

Dancers and healers.

And OG Hector, for some reason

2 Likes

I see all of them getting ones eventually, IS is just being annoyingly stubborn and dragging it out.

1 Like

People were calling Flora’s weapon a Yugioh card way back when, never mind newer stuff

3 Likes

Honestly, we’ll probably get [square brackets] effects that can be tapped like a tooltip. Gen 3-Early gen 4 effects really had a problem with too many long winded activation conditions.

Trust, we already have ally HP/Stat checks and some of those are freer than “>= 25%”, soon we’ll have generic deployment checks. (Think Quan refine.)

2 Likes