The Jugdral Thread - Forum of the Holy War 776 :feh_babyseliph:

I’d like to see them keep the long chapters but I could also see the appeal of more, shorter chapters. Shorter chapters could offer more opportunities for more character interactions, world building, and lore dumps but could also really hurt the pacing. I’d probably still choose long chapters but am open to the idea of shorter chapters in a remake.

2 Likes

Imagine something like the Hel or Naga animation in 3D :feh_ashepeek:

3 Likes

That’d be beautiful

Especially because seeing the Julia/Julius fight with the current animation made me laugh the first time

3 Likes

Another thing that would be really nice in a possible remake would be higher sound quality orchestral renditions of the music

1 Like

Meanwhile me blasting that low quality bit soundtrack

4 Likes

Oh, I just thought I could make a quick summary on my personal favorite characters in the games.

#genealogy-of-the-holy-war

:speaking_head: :clap:t2: J U L I A :clap:t2: :speaking_head:

Source: https://pixiv.net/en/artworks/88516217

Easily best Jugdral girl, she's so sweet and also a strong-willed individual, plus her design is soooooo pretty!
But I'm going to make an appreciation thread next month, specifically for her, when her OG version in FEH returns since I'll be aiming for a merge by then.

:purple_heart:

And practically anyone in both games.
But onto an actual list… just some names:

• Deirdre: my fav mother character in the series, both her and Julia are quite alike and have their charming designs to compliment nicely too. I’ll give her a shout-out in my appreciation thread for Julia when I make it.
  • Lex: he’s moreso a carefree and playful guy but I like him so much, he’s so nice even in FEH and I’m glad he was well treated, plus the reference to chapter 1 in the [Forging Bonds] was very very welcome.
  • Brigid: I love her design for sure but her backstory was great, we initially see her lead a band of pirates but with a sense of righteousness, and it was a surprise to see she actually descended from a crusader.
  • Ayra: I remember how difficult it was to recruit her but she was worth every effort, and I don’t say this just for the gameplay. :crown:
  • Azelle: he seemed somewhat relatable to me, I have insecurities too and want to do my best at overcoming those obstacles and help.
  • Erinys: not exactly sure why but I like the green-haired pegasus riders in the series in general, there’s often something in common when it comes to personality, like their friendliness.
  • Lewyn: I always liked his more proactive and fun side in the first generation plus wind magic is possibly the second personal best weapon type for me because it’s reminiscent of the cold climates which I like.
    Hopefully the day will come to FEH I don’t need [Special Spiral 3] anymore. :feh_tooobin:
  • Lene: she had quite the sad past too, but she comes to accept how the world works and dances to make a living, I liked a lot her iterations in FEH too because she’s shown to sport a friendly and kind of playful personality. Laylea is somewhat similar too, so I like her, in fact, I was doing one playthrough to get her for item collecting but it’ll be a good opportunity to learn whatever there’s to her.
    Crossing fingers for a substitutes banner someday.

…And I could go on but I need to play the games every now and then to keep my memory fresh on them, the list would get too long since I more or less at least like… everyone.
:joy:
The Jugdral cast always felt like the best Imo, it was always hard for me to truly find someone I can genuinely hate, weirdly enough, even the very villain who captured Deirdre to wipe out her memories and give birth to the guy that’d be the vessel of the dark god.
The plot is nothing to scoff at either.

#thracia

:speaking_head: :clap:t2: S A R A :clap:t2: :speaking_head:

Source: official FEH #art by Sachie.

:white_check_mark: Purple hair.
:white_check_mark: Very likeable personality.
:white_check_mark: Sweet character BGM.
:white_check_mark: Interesting story.

I have a whole thread for her right here:

https://community.gamepress.gg/t/af1899-pulls-for-sara-appreciation-thread/95956/1

Other mentions:

• Leif: how can’t I mention my fav [Lord] in the series? I adored his story and design, he’s so good. And his efforts to become a skilled fighter that can and wants help everyone show in his [Master Knight] promotion in FE4, which was nicely ported to FEH with a hefty amount of references. And best boy in the series too, I’m proud of this guy.
  • Osian: or as I know him, Othin, he who wields the [Pugi] (seriously, I can’t accept “Vogue” lol), the hotheaded youth of Fiana, I like Havan’s more calm and composed characterization but Osian seemed fun as a character and he was one heck of a beast as a unit, the PRF alone says enough).
  • Mareeta: another interesting individual, I liked a lot the tragic atmosphere in chapter 5, it added some extra emotion to the plot around the time in-game, but in the end, she’s saed from the curse placed upon her by Raydrik and aims to become a stronger swordswoman to protect those dear to her, and she was an amazing unit too.
  • Fergus: he was a very inriguing character as one of the few who can use the [Beo Sword], hinting at a whole theory about his descendence from Beowolf, a famed mercenary we can hire in the first generation of FE4, plus he’s cool.

Once more, I could go on for long, so I’m trying to keep it short, but I like everyone to some extent.
:feh_legion_miso:

2 Likes

This does exist tho

But not officially

3 Likes

I found a few orchestral arrangements of Thracia and Genealogy tracks I really like here. They’re a fairly new channel and post about one arrangement a month but the quality has always been great so far

2 Likes

I think I’ve posted this before but this medley has some really good arrangements in it too

3 Likes

Also, sorry if someone is reading and the details blocks suddenly close, sometimes, I notice typos and/or something I missed adding or explained wrongly. :fgo_seiba:

It’s a little sad when I don’t get to play with Lewyn anymore but seeing him take up on the role of tactician and mature to become the king of Silesia is a cool change Imo.

On the topic of music, his theme is so suspenseful and fitting for how he’s changed in the second gen… and that’s what I like on it:

2 Likes

I only played Thraccia once i chose the hard path so i didnt got miranda or shannan.
I might play 4 but i really need like an impulse, i heard the stories of pain and the need of RNGsus good will to beat it.
Really liked some of the characters like Augustus, Dagdar and Eyvel were great early game.
Xavier was special because he is hard to recruit but the way to recruit him is unique, in terms of saving hostages.
He is also very good in terms of class and weapons he can use.

1 Like

At least you got Amalda, Misha, and Sleuf. Although I will always recommend the B route, I like the characters you get on the A route more. Amalda is the best Friege knight in the series, Misha may be my favorite pegasus knight in the series, and the Light of Zwei/Twofold Light/Dyadic Light that Sleuf mentions is a mystery that will haunt me for the rest of my life

2 Likes

You should try it
It’s not as painful as you may think and it actually feels like one of the games where strategy is emphasized over luck just because of the variance in situations

6 Likes

I wasnt able to recruit amalda, i got sleuf but that chapter where she appears was painfully hard and she died.

1 Like

I will go then now that i have a little free time.
I will do it tomorrow.

2 Likes

I feel a little bad when I can’t stop talking about Jugdral and derail threads lol

You created this for me didn’t you I can’t shut up about Jugdral for 5 minutes

6 Likes

None of us can, that’s why we’re all here

5 Likes

This guy is very underrated and has made some pretty good arrangements
3 Likes

Also it’s 5 a.m why did I have to see this thread :feh_sigurdfacepalm:

7 Likes

The mood

7 Likes