The more you know

Well there is one thing that confused me for a while now:

so like some AR battles do have this “Niveausenkung beeinflusst” written in the corner.
Litterally translated to English that means “Liftloss influenced” . Maybe thats just me, but translation is really bad sometimes. I just changed the language to English, just to see what it would say, and “Lift Loss Control active” is actually much much better than what it tells in german :confused: well nothing I can do about ist, just found it somewhat interesting, so I thought I would share it^^

(and yes I know that once you´ve won a battle it prevents you from loosing lift for like a day^^)

8 Likes

Funny thing is that Lift Loss in german, as much as I know, doesn’t have a direct translaton to it ,that’s why it probably is called “Niveausenkung” since there isn’t an actual word for Lift Loss.

4 Likes

giphy

3 Likes

well ‘loss’ directly translates to ‘Verlust’ so you could have just directly translated the english text ‘Lift Loss Controll active’ to ‘Niveauverlust-Kontrolle aktiv’
But yeah they chose a worse term :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I can confirm their Chinese translations are written by a native Japanese speaker (or someone who has lived long enough in Japan that their Chinese is being very influenced by JP mannerisms). Either that…or Google Translate.

3 Likes

I think that in Italy we haven’t got that, but I had to check, since I never look at anything that was lost or win

1 Like

In Spain, they used to word the ghb rerun missions so bad I didn’t know what to do sometimes with the askr trio.

3 Likes

wow thats really bad :open_mouth: how did you do them then? did you look them up, or switch your games language for a moment?

what kind of mannerisms ? like writingstyle wise or words or different kanji (if thats even possible ^^")?

Everyone: talking about translation
Me: “GeSCHAFFT… Lmfao”

5 Likes

I don’t get it

nevermind
I’m dumb

3 Likes

well “I did it” - what did you do? :smiley:

1 Like

Atleast we both are :legion:

3 Likes

Different kanji, same meaning.

For example, in Japanese:
Eldest (Sister): 長女
Second (Sister): 次女
Youngest (Sister): 么女
(As seen in the descriptions for Palla, Catria. Est in the JP and Chinese translations of the game.)

In Chinese, we say it like this:
Eldest (Sister): 大姐
Second (Sister): 二姐
Youngest (Sister): 小妹

However, anyone is literate in Chinese certainly understands what that Japanese title means, especially when the three sisters are compared in context, because the three adjectives (長, 次, 么) are used in modern Chinese in the sense of (elder/eldest, second, and small) but not in the context of birth order. It’s akin to how my Spanish friend (from Spain) described his trip to Argentina. He understood mostly what was being said, but he felt there were many outdated sayings in Spain that were still in common use in Argentina. That’s how I feel reading Japanese-style Chinese.

4 Likes

I had to talk to the support and they gave me a good translation. Thankfully, it’s better now, no new mistakes that I can think about.

1 Like

I remember once our italian translation was very messed up when FRobin got her first rerun.
The mission said that we needed daraen (Robin’s name in europe i think?) to defeat daraen…but without specify which Daraen. It was confusing because they have the same title there.

1 Like

Why this names changing…well at least there are some good

1 Like

Daraen is the anagram of “Andrea”. Both Robin and Andrea are androgynous name and you know, Robin hasn’t a specific gender.

While I prefer Robin over Daraen I’m so glad that IS didn’t use “Andrea”. No offense for people with this name, but it’s too much a “normal name” for FE imo

1 Like

Oh, thanks for the information ,I did not know , yes, if we have to choose, daraen is better

1 Like