The new Smoke skills are super cheap

Ohhhhh i didnt think about her, thanks for the idea and for the reassuring <3 i’ll see if i have enough Codes, i got a bunch from the SD rewards and I may afford it!

4 Likes

I disrespectfully disagree. Even something like a normal Atk Smoke, smoking 2-3 enemies is essentially taking 14-21 less Dmg, and this is implying you’re not getting doubled. Now add the same formula with the damage you reduce, and you have yourself something really good.

I honestly think Atk Smoke held up really well for a very long time, and I only started picking something else once Oath or Menace skills came in.

)’;<

1 Like

Seeing as how he already inflicts -6 to everyone nearby, I would have thought about that a bit more first… But hey. Like you said the banner will absolutely be back around and Lilith will be on an L/M banner in about 3mo so you’ll have plenty of other opportunities to make better use of that fodder.

2 Likes

MUARIM IS AWESOME

2 Likes

imagen
mm
chich0ngas

2 Likes

ayo big nog what it do

1 Like

Yup… I only realized about the debuff overlaping after It was todo late 🥲 its still the only way for him to get dodge by himself, but oof… I will definitely use it better next time

2 Likes

This is assuming that you are throwing your unit at the entire enemy squad by themselves. This is very common in PvE but aside from Abyssals, the additional effects from Smoke 4s are pretty inconsequential because most enemies are ridiculously easy to take out anyway.

In Arena, you’re not going to want to tank more than one foe’s attack with a single unit in a turn unless you’re a Save unit. Basically all the worst nukes are in Arena – Lynja, Ninjorrin, L-Claude, L-Lilina, Duo Chrom, and so on. These units hit so goddamned hard that in most cases you are going to be hard pressed to want to take even a single attack from them, let alone one from two of them. As such, I think Menaces are more well-suited to this mode than Smokes, since you want to be able to handle that first combat well, and Smokes are useless in the first combat. I ran Rutger with Atk Smoke 3 in Arena for the longest time (as I didn’t have much better of a C slot) and it was essentially worthless with how all my matches went, because Rutger didn’t want to take a hit from anything that wasn’t green (replacing him with NY Kyza is one of the best decisions I’ve made)

Summoner Duels I can see the argument for Smoke 4s, especially for Infantry who can’t Canto, and they also provide a bit of a safety cushion if the foe is running Canto Control.

Don’t get me wrong, Smoke 4s are very strong skills, but only if your unit is built for multiple combats in one turn. Great skills for soloing maps, but not always the best choice

6 Likes

In fairness to OP “best builds to smoke weed” does little to tell me it’s a new smoke 4 thread. I mean “haha” (insert eye roll here) I get the smoke reference after the fact, but woulda been nice to have it practically named. At least OP here did that. I get what you mean though: maybe mods can clean up the titles a little to prevent this.

Here’s the thing, he’s been doing shit like this forever. This isn’t his personal blog or Facebook or something. As I said, it’s bordering on spam imo.

2 Likes

Lol fair point.

2 Likes

Still wish they would name titles better on here other than me having to guess about “smoking weed” and the like (I see this all the time), but whatever, it’s all good.

2 Likes