The Strongest Arthur Build

So,
I have created an Arthur build, possibly the greatest Arthur build. He chas tanked and killed the likes of Halloween Myrrh and he scores well in arena.
Straight to the point, is it as good as I think? It’s something I’ve been wondering, so that’s why I’ve come. What’s your thought on the build?

3 Likes

Looking good! Honestly, if I saw this in Arena, I’d be pretty impressed. It’s like that one Henry build I saw that gave me PTSD. He may have trouble with triggering his Ignis, however, without a Slaying weapon or CD reduction. And Brazen Def/Res’s HP requirement could hurt him. In addition, he’s weak to strong special activations. He can probably be 1 shot by strong red specials. Especially Black Luna + Bold Fighter. Otherwise, yeah, great that you’re using him. Arthur definitely needs some love

Welcome to the community anyways, hope you like it here!

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply.
And I’m happy to here this. Been working on it, for probably 4-6 months now, so yeah…
Thanks anyway!

1 Like

Yeah, of course! That’s quite some time. Probably about the same amount of time that I was working on my +10 Marth, actually… Huh.

1 Like

Yeah… but it is fun building a +10 unit, and then stoked when it’s finally done. The feeling pulling for your project unit for the last time. The last puzzle piece.
Damn that’s a good feeling.

2 Likes

Yep, I’m working on my next project. Wrys. I have enough copies for a +10, and he’s +9 right now, but I haven’t gotten a +Atk copy of him, ever, which I need. It’ll be so satisfying when I finally get that copy

Honestly, its more exciting to get another copy for a merge project rather than 5*s sometimes. I mean, I remember summoning before I had enough copies.
I get a 5 star unit: Oh, nice
I get a Wrys copy: YES YES YES starts pumping my fists

2 Likes

Yeah definitely. Wrys is kinda underrated, and is only known for the memes.
Good luck on the Wrys!

2 Likes

Thanks! Good luck on whatever unit you decide to try for your next +10 project!

2 Likes

While you guys are almost done with merge projects, my Zephiel and Rebecca still will take a lot of time…

Zephiel will take a very looonnnggg time and I haven’t summoned a Rebecca in awhile. My Rebecca also has a second build, which is this:

3 Likes

@freakoutu
Regardless, nice Arthur. Looks to be great!

1 Like

Yeah… My projects right now are Wrys +9, G!Marth +7 (1500 grails :feh_notlikethis:) , then later on, Gordin, and OG Berkut

2 Likes

Brazen Def/Res is a bit of an odd choice. Why that one specifically? :thinking:

1 Like

I would be scared to shit if I came across either one of those Rebecca’s. The Zephiren will be scary as shit, and is basically like saying “no u” to the opponent.
Either way they are both quite scary in my opinion, and I would be impressed to see both. They are both underrated and overshadowed by L!Alm and there are quite a lot of armoured red units, but only a handful is used.
Good luck on both builds!

1 Like

Since this is supposed to just tank whatever, shrug off a hit, until Ignis gets triggered and just nukes whoever is trying to kill Arthur. With the Brazen Def/Res, it only means that he’s more of a pain in the ass.

So wouldn’t Brazen Atk/Def be better? Is the resistance boost beneficial if he’s gonna be at low HP to have it active?

1 Like

And in the case of mixed bulk, Fort Def/Res 3 could work better. Considering he relies on Ignis to do his damage, he won’t need his attack as much. And against Guard effects he’s hurt a lot, though. Maybe Steady Breath or Infantry Flash support could help him in that regard
Steady Breath does allow him to pull off 1 round Ignises without Slaying weapons. Infantry Breath too, now that I think about it.
Maybe also the new Shoreline Rake+ could be a good tool for him, if he gets visible buffs

1 Like

I did think of Brazen Atk/Def, but the extra res, means there’s a wider range of units I can tank. It means I can tank basically anything. And as the original post says, even Halloween Myrrh and actually Duma as well.

1 Like

Is that with the Brazen active? If I recall, Brazens don’t activate during combat if you’re at full HP at the start.

Can he survive them if he’s gonna be at low HP to have the Brazen active?

1 Like

I’ve always had Fort Def/Res 3 in the back of my mind, but I haven’t been able to pull Idunn nor Klein yet.

1 Like

Yes, that is what I meant. The Brazen allows him to tank dragons and mages. At least most if them. Big red nukes are a no go.