The unofficial Touhou LostWord/Touhou general thread

I dunno if GP is gonna add a touhou section, but I’m making sure no one beats me to the punch!

Feel free to talk about strategy, character, lore, the original games, or fanmade stuff like videos and music!

Also, Meiling is best girl!

links and resources linked in thread

https://altema.jp/lostword/

https://altema.jp/lostword/charalist

https://altema.jp/lostword/koumatou

15 Likes

I was here :cat:

7 Likes

I was on the fence initially, but these reviews seem pretty convincing :catnoworries:

I don’t think I’ll download it, but have fun if you do :feh_nino:
:arrow_down:

Hmmmmmmm

7 Likes

Touhoummyes is consistent, if nothing else

5 Likes

Keeping track of things here, still can’t get the game to work on my emulator but I’ll be joining ya’ll when I can :ak_smugrock:

6 Likes

Mfw I can’t deathbomb when got hit 0/10

6 Likes

I need help…

I’m trying to save up coins n cubes for upcoming banners, is there anyway to prevent my coina from overflowing? I mean… just seeing all those coins from pre-reg awards pains me since I can’t claim from the service shrine -f- (why would there be limits on coins tho smh)

1 Like

There are very limited ways of keeping coin stash above the displayed limit (that I know of). Don’t take out rewards from mail, don’t claim from shrine (also capped). Other than that, you might want to spend them anyway, at least in the beginning as will want multiple friends for errand running. God Crystals are probably better currency to save, unless you are not planning to play at all, as they are not capped and coins are used for everything. Most of enhancements eat coins, so I don’t have any for summons other than the first few 10 rolls I did.

Besides that, I think they did a pretty amazing (amazingly annoying) job at preventing people from hoarding.

1 Like

The start of the game has been fairly fun. It has a similar feel to an old school danmaku. Rerolling was quick, and the rates appear to be fair (coming from FGO), but Idk how good the currency drops are going to be later in the game. 5 crystals and 1500 coins per roll are okay though.

Not sure if I’ll stick with the game, depends on future content I guess. But the start is strong though.

2 Likes

Anyone know how to get coins other than the shrine thingie?

2 Likes

I think you can get coins by sending characters on erands, but I don’t think it’s worth it ATM unless erand levels go up by redoing them

1 Like

Don’t have that unlocked yet

1 Like

Ah, sorry then, that’s about all I can think would work aside from spending god cubes and that doesn’t look like a good ROI IMO

1 Like

Yeah, guess I’ll just wait

1 Like

There’s a shop where you can spend your coins in Nitori’s shop called “Shrine Office”. Refreshes every couple of hours but provides things like mats or Seal Crystals.

1 Like

Coins seem to be the biggest currency bottleneck for pretty much everything, at least for me. Well that, and mats for unit upgrades. I got pretty lucky with relatively large number of unique units from the beginning, but I can’t even keep two upgraded. Also, you need to burn story cards to awaken units, which is a bit of a pain and does require summoning as part of unit upgrades (think needing mana prisms for servant enhancement).

Besides that, story seems to be capped at 2.4 right now? Rest is just redoing it on hard and lunatic difficulties? Seems really short if that’s the case.

4 Likes

Yeah, I reached the end of the current story and have been trying to beat things on hard mode. I think it might be easier to grind for materials at higher levels, but not sure.

I do agree with the coin stuff, it’s been limiting me as well. At least I just managed to do finish off the 4th coin box upgrade so hopefully that’ll help me for a bit since I won’t have the luxury of upgrading it till I hit another level cap.

I’ve only managed to do wood upgrades on my characters and a few limit breaks on Sanae and Reimu. Scrolls are hard to get so everyone’s still only got one skill at the moment

4 Likes

Yukari on normal was a pain, on hard she has like 32khp, and my poor <40 team can neither spike her down nor win by attrition. Oh well I’ll go farm something for now, as I don’t think I’ll be getting past her for a while.

2 Likes

You wanna know what’s dumb? The quest after that is like level 15…

That said, yeah grinding worked for me. My advice is go to go farm a node with scrolls or whatever you might need in the future. Drop rates are bad, but it’s ahead start

3 Likes

Right now there’s a Paper Doll at the Shrine Office in exchange of 150 tokens. After some math, I can get that many tokens if I get rid of all my 3* and 4* Story Cards and 2 5* Story Cards. The question, though: is it worth it?