Thea or Altena?

So the game wants me to build a defensive flier since I got both Altena and Thea as free 5* summons in the last banners. I have copies to start merging both of them, but at the same time I’m building Cormag as a mixed tank soooo…any suggestions what to do? I’m probably gonna use one of them for Astra season (I’m a sucker for fliers) while Cormag is Light season.

I don’t have preferences between both characters, I have a + Def or +Spd Thea while Altena is +HP (but since she demoted and I desperately summon blue for Tailtiu’s last merge I’ll maybe get more copies).
Thea is speedier but has less attack, Altena is slow with less resistance but with good attack and higher defense. I don’t know what to do :catcry:
Any good builds for them?

• Build Thea
  • Build Altena
  • Screw them, give Vanguard+ to Cormag

0 voters

2 Likes

I love Thea, but… In terms of tanking and sheer damage output, it’s no contest between her and Altena. :catroll:

Thea’s biggest advantages are Spd and Res, but Altena’s likely the better pick thanks to her higher BST for Arena, and the buff negation her weapon provides.

3 Likes

Huh. I dunno. I would say probably Altena, but you’re already building Cormag. Still, probably Altena, though how many copies have you got at the moment?

1 Like

Three Theas and three Altena lol, and I have a 5* of each.

3 Likes

Ok probably Altena then

1 Like

I don’t really care about Arena since I already have a core team, but I see the appeal in Altena’s weapon. Though I’m a sucker for speed and Thea is kinda tempting…

3 Likes

Depends really on whether you want more damage and physical walling or better mixed tanking :thinking:

I’m building her myself, and I’m quite fond of her. :eyes:

But they’re very different tanks, so it’s a matter of whatever suits your preference.

13 Likes

Ohhh she looks very nice!
I usually go for mixed tanks everytime, I enjoy my units to be able to survive. The only thing keeping me from going full Thea is her attack, especially since Altena’s weapon is very nice indeed.
I’m probably going to use whichever unit I choose for AR, probably Astra/Anima since Cormag is already there for Light season.

Thea’s nice cause of her resistance being better, though that attack…but I’m a bit worried Altena will explode if she gets hit with magic.

3 Likes

Those 40s :feh_corrinperfect:

8 Likes

When she’s +10, with everything active she’ll have 50 Atk/Def/Res :feh_ardenwoke:

Going to give her Pegasus Flight too so it can potentially become 57 to all of those. :feh_legion:

9 Likes

BuT iT gIvEs ThE eNeMy DeBuFfS nOt YoU bUfFs

But spd and HP be like:image

3 Likes

The enemy getting debuffed is effectively you getting buffed, okay

She’ll still have 45 and 47 of those too. :eyes:

And if I give her Steel Lance and Spd +2 Seal with Duel Fortress, then they’re all 42 :feh_kleinyes:

3 Likes

Dewit

3 Likes

It’s hard to recommend Altena over Thea in Aether raids in astra season with no current mythic that boost res since she could potentially be blasted away :joy:,but I’m working on a mixed bulk build of her myself for enemy phase just for general use while my Thea is a player phase beast.

6 Likes

Hmmmmm

3 Likes

To be honest, for any mode OTHER than Cancer Raids I’d say go for Altena. However, if we’re talking AR then Thea would be your best bet. Higher spd and res will make your life a lot easier

4 Likes

Thanks to pitybreakers, I have a +4 Thea in my barracks. This makes me want to finish her, yours is absolutely gorgeous

2 Likes

Stu-foo

2 Likes

Glad you like her :feh_hridexcited:

2 Likes

Yeah I thought about that too. Mixed bulk seems to be the must have thing for this damn game mode.
Still praying for an Astra Mythic that gives Res lol.

2 Likes