There are many like her, but this one is mine!

(Hit “Post” too early.)

“Is she meta-relevant?”
“Not really!”

“Has she been outpaced by modern, powercrept red units?”
“Absolutely!”

“IS SHE STILL OUR FAVORITE ANYWAY?”
“HELL YES!”

29 Likes

:feh_lucinasmug:

9 Likes

Congratulations, is nice seeing fully invested grail units.

2 Likes

How did nobody @VivatVeritas yet lol

Anyway, congrats on finishing her man, she’s still a solid unit in my book

5 Likes

She might not be that outclassed thanks to the Sealed Falchion refine. My speed Chrom does pretty well in Aether Raids, actually. He’s good in Astra season with Atk/Spd Solo, Spurn, and Darting Breath.

3 Likes

Hey, congrats! That’s a great build on her, she’ll appreciate that Distant Dart. She’s actually still pretty good with that Sealed Falchion refine. And thanls for the @ Almond

4 Likes

Lookin good!

I’d swap out phantom SPD for Atk/spd solo. you lose 4 imaginary speed but gain 6 real speed and 6 atk. Theres the solo condition so maybe bond or form works better for you play style but phantom speed is kind of bad on speedy units.

1 Like

I had almost forgot about Darting Breath. My copy was sitting on my regular Lucina (sadly only at +3).

Updated build:

5 Likes

I have a weak spot for Phantom Spd, since it’s the first seal I can remember fully upgrading.

That said, it’s definitely not the same as having actual Spd. I like the synergy with Spurn and DR, but having protection against doubles is probably more important.

The suggestions are much appreciated!
I’m thinking of making a “run straight at enemy” build, and Solo skills sound like a good idea.

2 Likes

My thoughts 20 minutes ago: “Vital Astra has to be a unique Special. There’s no way Masked Marth can inherit -“

I fought the impulse to immediately fodder Mareeta off…for all of 10 minutes.

This is what the build looks like now:

While I don’t regret my decision (yet), I’m noticing a slight issue - Masked Marth doesn’t have any Special cooldown reduction.
Thanks to Darting Breath she can still trigger Vital Astra on retaliation, but she usually doesn’t have it ready at the start of combat, when an enemy attacks.
I also gave up Sol, which means she doesn’t have self-healing to sustain multiple rounds of combat.

Does anyone have thoughts on whether I made a bad decision? I’ve only done a few test fights in the Training Tower, so I’m not sure.

2 Likes

It’s not a bad choice. It’s just Vital Astra tends to be better on Slaying + Time’s Pulse 3 units. But it’s probably best to treat Vital Astra’s 30% spd damage as the reward and the 30% DR as a bonus. Maybe go with Mystic Boost 3 for some sustainably and she’ll have good chance to use the stacked DR in a later fight but you should test that out first.

Best way I can think of is Special Spiral 3 and Infantry Pulse 3 support so MM can keep spamming it though you lose out on Spurn DR stacking.

2 Likes