They took out Arena Assault

I’m in it just for the god damn stones because AA isn’t available. Get a couple wins, get extremely low tier rewards, and it’s like I played AA but with random other crap, and good crap at that, thrown in.

It sucks but looking at those rewards the amount of effort needed to be put in just for a little bit of that I’m fine with. It’ll take some grinding for the better rewards but doing this casually is definitely the way to go.

Just wait for everyone else to go and slowly flow up whenever you like.

3 Likes

I just hope they do with Resonant Battles where they give you an orb every week for playing the mode once

Why?
Why waiting would make it easier?

It’s a similar strategy to AR

The whaliest, try-hardest players will climb up the ranks first

If you wait, you’re more likely to be matched with people who don’t care as much about scoring

5 Likes

Oh! A reward similar to golden chair/crown !

Yup, tryhard player gonna tryhard.
Then they’ll show off on the most P2W mode we had so far.

When Summoner Duel was out, i explicited said here that it was fine cus there was no real ranking.
Now that there is, i think it is stupid. I haven’t changed my mind. :feh_genny_mug:

5 Likes

In addition to what Luna had said the amount of people complaining about it probably aren’t apart of the whales. The rewards look enticing, so I imagine while people are irritated with the whales a few of them will come back eventually. Either that or people who just don’t care and will play whenever they want, which typically isn’t the first crack of dawn at the reset(Granted it has been over 8 hours now).

So yeah. Wait for those who actually care about scoring until those who don’t and play for fun. You’ve got better odds of not hitting a whale later on than you do right now.

6 Likes

So… As someone who will not use saves or Yuri… Who thinks this will be an effective enough team to deflect the cancer back at everyone else?

3 Likes

I found some silver lining. If you face an hyper agressive whale you can close the up and it will count as a defeat for them. You have to love how good at programming IS…

6 Likes

Oh god even more of a reason not to play the mode if people can just rage quit you out of a win

4 Likes

Inb4 a bunch of people make alt accounts specifically to steal wins from everyone

3 Likes

I’m all in if that’s what it takes for IS to remove this from the event list. I’m even up for grinding favor to the medal on new accounts since we have access to Book III prior there.

3 Likes

Does anyone have that SD tierlist?

2 Likes

@RafaSebas

3 Likes
1 Like

wesley-crying-wesley-snipes

1 Like

edit: sorry didn’t mean to reply to you specifically :smiley:

The majority of people in my friends list haven’t even touched the mode yet (might be due to my outdated friends list I guess). But I have the feeling it’s not a popular mode at all.
For live pvp they need enough active players in the mode and yesterday it took me already 30 seconds per match to find another player in my bracket.

So I’m pretty sure they will revamp the mode at some point by making it (a) more lenient and (b) adjusting the scoring system so merges will also give you better scores. They did the same with Resonant Battles which started out as a really difficult mode but now the most decisive factor is the merge count of your harmonics. Same with AR, where mythic merges matter more than perfect play.

Despite how horrible and stressful SDR is, I have to say it is the only mode in FEH right now where I can rank highly without buying orbs. I don’t think it will stay that way with all the backlash it is receiving.

I agree the mode “play as long as you can” takes way too long if you’re a completionist type of player. I would prefer a fixed amount of like 5 battles per week so you can be done with it at some point.

Also, they should have different seasons with a different set of rules so people would have to bring new teams everytime. Like “Book III and below”, “Tellius”, “No Canto”. There’d be a ton of options to add some variety to the team building.

3 Likes

This is fake news that people keep spreading https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/s8n6o8/psa_if_your_opponent_disconnects_in_summoner/
I can say for sure it is not true because my opponent disconnected and I won.

1 Like

Tin_foil_hat_2

Maybe people are spreading this info so that they disconnect thinking they’ll get a free win when in reality the person who didn’t disconnect gets free wins.

5 Likes

That’s something I’d try and pull. If that’s the case they’re a POS but I respect the bullshit.

1 Like

2nd battle in and I really got faced with someone who spent 3 minutes(Waited until their main time to go down and then waited 30 seconds per action afterwards) sitting there because they knew they couldn’t do anything after they threw away their meta units(Literally every single one) to Micaiah. God damn these are some salty peeps.

2 Likes