They took out Arena Assault

I guess. I dunno, I feel like the removal of gamemodes like they did with AB is a bad idea. Ya want to make me play more? Fine. But do so by decreasing the rewards for lower tiers instead.

7 Likes

I guess they feel like having half a dozen coliseum modes active at once would be too much?

Sorta like how the time between each event mode keeps getting longer so they don’t bombard us with half a dozen events at once?

1 Like

Simple solution to this - QUIT RELEASING CANCERS INTO THE WILD!!!

8 Likes

That too. Arena I actually played competitively in but ever since F!El’s release(Not that she was the biggest issue) I’ve stopped because it’s such a god damn chore with all the nonsense that has been released.

8 Likes

It’s just being selfish for selfish reasons. Idk where the line between “hungry for resources means constantly coming back” and “satisfying amount of resources means constantly coming back”, but I think IS is flirting with the wrong side of the line. I can’t remember the last time anyone praised a decision IS made about modes/rewards.

I did with SD day 1 before double smite Yuri became the norm and when I thought those rewards would reset, but that was very short lived.

3 Likes

Exactly! Games are meant to be fun, not a damn chore!

7 Likes

Dark souls and Minecraft would like a word with you

6 Likes

c’mon guys the souls games aren’t that hard

3 Likes

They aren’t, but I meant they’re a chore.

Armored core is way harder.

4 Likes

Challenges aren’t the same as a chore. Like in Feh facing nearly the same team comps day after day, week after week - that is a chore. Your examples surely vary things up a bit more than that (haven’t played Dark Souls, and while I love the idea of Minecraft I just can’t get into it at all).

7 Likes

Oh I know. Souls are a chore to me because it’s difficult for the sake of being difficult, not because there’s a skill curve. Minecraft is a chore because you’re doing work with exactly no goal. And FeH is becoming a chore because like you said it’s forcing people towards the same shit (i.e. meta) with every change and if you don’t participate you have an uphill battle.

3 Likes

I didn’t think anyone would miss Arena Assault. :catlie: AA for me feels like a really long and annoying Pawns of Loki game that I can pause in between, luckily.

But tbf I’m also afraid of the stress that is going to be SDR. At least DFs are much needed rewards.

I hope that SDR will actually be better because everyone is forced to play it for the rewards, and not just the tryhards and those who actually like it. :feh_bylethsmirk:

6 Likes

I’m foreseeing people staying below tier 13 on purpose specifically to avoid Yuri and A!Fjorm… At least, that’s my plan.

3 Likes

Don’t know what the rewards are for the new probable hell mode duels but I had been getting an easy 19 stones a week for doing 7 intermediate battles so I will be annoyed if I’m losing out on dew for what is certainly going to be more effort.

4 Likes

Souls are a chore to me because it’s difficult for the sake of being difficult, not because there’s a skill curve.

Sounds to me like someone is just really bad at the game or just played Dark Souls 2. Dark Souls overall is challenging but fair. You have to take your time and pay attention. Dying is frequent but there is always a reward for overcoming something with practice or skill. A chore is when something gets repetitive and so it’s not fun anymore.

Summoner Duels is an example of a chore because I haven’t seen very many people playing it for the actual gamemode because it is so horribly balanced. People play it because of the rewards associated with it are good, but the mode is just not fun for so many people.

Then again I can’t tell you how you feel about particular games, but Summoner Duels is in no way comparable to Dark Souls.

1 Like

The issue isn’t necessarily liking AA but that what they’re replacing it with is the worst mode imaginable for this… And now you lose points in this crappy mode if you lose a match unlike normal where you just gain nothing…

4 Likes

At least with Arena Assault you can kinda use the units you want

6 Likes

That’s probably one of the worst trends going rn.

Successful AR strategies use 7 units out of a grab bag of about… 30… That are actually effective across the board?

SD uses 5 out of about… 15?

And SDR will reduce that even further. Yuri, Eitri, Ash, A!Fjorm, F!Edel, B!Eirika, and Riev. You’ll see a couple others, but I guarantee you’ll see at least two that I listed in every single match.

9 Likes

Can the next arena mode be better and remove resonance battles too?

1 Like

Here’s to hoping they had Canto/Dancer rules to the gamemode, or else it will be way too spammy with the same units. Could be interesting if they had some kind of ban list. “No Saves this season”. “No daggers this season”. Something like that could be interest, but then again it could also be broken.

7 Likes