This damn Banner, so yeah.. advice on Nailah IVs anyone?

Well yeah Summoning didn´t go exactly as I hoped. Went in to the Brave Banner with 640 Orbs, and went out with 2 copys Micaiah :frowning: I got a ton of Pitybreakers though:

• Flying Nino (which im kind of happy since my old one had -Spd IVs)
  • 2x Nailah
  • 1x B!Ephraim
  • 1x Lugh
  • 1x Edelgard (Actually not sad too, because shes +Atk -Res)
  • 1x Kaden
  • 1x Brave Camilla
  • 1x Ranulf

So yeah 8 Green 5*s and only 2 of them were Micaiah… I´ll go cry now in my corner.

Sooo but I don´t just want to be upset about it… It happens to all of us at some point. I´ll just have to be patient.
The next thing:
Since I got 2 Nailahs out of the deal, I now am up to 3 of her.
The IVs of my Nilahs are:

• neutral
  • +Atk -Def
  • +Def -Spd

Question: which one would you choose and why? (well maybe not the -Spd one but I had to include her for completion purposes^^)

• neutral
  • +Atk -Def
  • +Def -Spd

0 voters

Edit: I don´t plan on merging Nailah^^ fodder is too good
Edit 2: @Vegi Since I got a Flying Nino i can now merge her to a +1 +Atk one. Should I keep the Standart set (and maybe swap Aerobatics with Deperation) or do you have any better suggestions? :smiley:

3 Likes

You aren’t planning to merge her right?

Edit: Sorry, no Nailah not XD

2 Likes

Then I’d go with the +Atk -Def one.
She should still be able to tank one physical hit from most units.

1 Like

Yup, just go with +Atk and run Desperation on her. Its the best build for her. Aerobatics u can run as a seal, if ur using a mixed team with her.

3 Likes

Congrats!, you got great characters from the banner and some valuable fodder, I think it was a good trade but the game could’ve been a bit more fair :feh_maethink:.

About Nailah: +atk/-def is the best, her offensive improves, this is further accentuated by her PRF weapon where it has a form-like effect (+6 to atk/spd if 3 allies are near her)!.

SF!Nino: well you already got the recommendation from the expert :birbpeek:, her speed is quite high and you can always use a [Phantom Spd 3] to maximize the effect of the tome so it’s much better

1 Like

Congrats on what you did get in the summons though! And yeah, sometimes summoning is like that. I spent 450 orbs on the Summer Returns banner to try and get S!Gunnthra. Out of 6 5*, one of them was S!Gunnthra. The rest were pity breaks, including two +SPD S!Laveteins

For Naliah, I’d go for +ATK -DEF

1 Like

Her best IV is null c fodder

But seriously though Nailah is one of those units who hates a bane in all her stats so I wouldn’t bother using her at all unless I was committed to at least one merge

2 Likes

Please, u flatter me XD
I’m nothing compared to some others here.
I just happen to have used Flier Nino for 14 months straight. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I know, and I actually don´t really have an intention of using her really, I just keep one for the colletion :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nontheless you´re the “Nino”-guy :relieved:

and for me the one that I had fun with talking about japanese :)

2 Likes

Oh alright, but I think you’re really good with her, at least you know how to give her a good build ^^

1 Like

I’ll give a somewhat unique perspective

I use Nailah +atk -spd as an exploitative play during light seasons in AR. Buff her with Titania and M.Corrin on two Eir blessings, and she can wipe a lot of teams right off the map. 32/33 defenses unbuffed with atk smoke, 38/39 with Titania’s tactics, 43/47 when M.Corrin stands two squares behind her (because I gave the guy a drive res). And I gave her noontime, so she can often heal 7-12 HP every time she hits back. Add all that up and it’s like she has about 60-65 mixed defenses. If people don’t build their Ophelias properly or if I can debuff her atk, I tank them too.

I really like the +atk. It helps me get OHKOs when she can’t double. She has 50 atk transformed, 56 with a tactic, 61 with M.Corrin’s buff, +10 damage on special activation, and usually 4 atk from nearby allies (M.Corrin + Titania). If she didn’t have -spd I think she doubles everything except hyperspeed mages because I put drive spd on Corrin so she has 42 spd + prf effect even on a bane. However, I recommended neutral to you because I’ve been in situations such as having taken several hits, left in low HP, and duelling L.Ephraim and getting doubled, when I really needed every point of def I could get. As I said, without -spd I would double everything, which means I wouldn’t need the OHKO as badly, so I can give up +atk. So for my specific usage, I would take neutral over +atk -def.

There’s a case to be made for +def -spd, but I don’t think the few cases where +def makes enough of a difference will outnumber the cases where I wish I could get a natural double.

2 Likes

Thanks for the rather long answer :smile: I see what you mean, and some of it I thought of too. For me neutral and +Atk -Def are really close together… since I still haven’t decided on one who to give DC and Null C Disrupt , I’ll give it some thinking on how I (would) want to use my Nilah before I make my last decision. What you wrote gave me a very good guideline on what I should pay attention on :slight_smile:

1 Like

All your pitybreakers are :ok_hand:

1 Like

Well mostly :upside_down_face: I’m pretty content with all of them but 3.
Lugh I didn’t really care about so yeah I got him I guess XD
and Ranulf and Kaden I both have with better IVs so (sorry to say that because I know you like ranulf) I really didn’t need them…
hm at least I can get rid of the bane on both now so it has at least something good

I’d merge for both, and Lugh is adorable

And dont forget Edie

yeah propably going to merge them :relieved:

also

= Edelgard? :feh_maethink: :see_no_evil:

Isn’t that a good thing?

1 Like

Yep, she’s called Edie by a certain 3H character

1 Like