Tier 4 Lance fliers "My builds" feat cormag and heath

So i want to run these builds on these units
Originally was the reverse in plans but after seeing heath res stat i switched the idea. cormag its my best melee lance flier but since altena droped to 4 star and i have 2 copies of her she can be the new flying lance melee fortress, while cormag can be the brave offensive, and heath the distant counterer.
( i know sigrun has better res but i dont want to build her, mainly because im not attached to the character and because i havent played tellius games yet)

Are these builds good?

Bear in mind that i used fodder that i have or is easy to get.

Are better options if i want to run these build ideas?

I want to hear your oppinions and solutions if these builds can be improved
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Gonna be honest, these builds don’t look great.

Cormag’s is extremely player phase, but you gave him Vantage. A unit with 44 attack using Vantage? That’s a big no-no. Even if you switched Vantage with a different skill, the build itself is still questionable. Brash Assault is not a good skill to run with him because of the health requirement, but you’re gonna want to buff his defense for more Bonfire damage, but he shouldn’t be taking that much damage because of Sturdy Impact, so when exactly is he getting to Brash Assault range? On enemy phase? He’s got 42 HP and 27 speed. I don’t think he’ll be surviving much, if anything, since he’ll most likely get doubled, even by some Armor speed standards (especially since it’s not merged).

Heath, on the other hand, isn’t really bad but it’s not good either. He’s reaching 44 resistance but about 39 speed (if getting buffed). That’s not enough speed to reliably double, especially without Quick Riposte, and the Seal should change too since Brazens aren’t necessarily the best skills to use for this build. You could probably go with Quick Riposte for the B and something like Swift Stance (+4 speed and resistance on enemy phase) for the Seal.

3 Likes

Thanks i will change the seal on heath, my problem with QR is that its hard to get and requires 75 % hp to work something that nowdays due to powercreep doesnt seem viable.

I tought to change the A slot to atk def solo, the B slot to his former dull melee and the S slot to sturdy blow.
Other is changing the B slot for brash assault, he gets hit in the recoil of his offensive or run fury in A slot.

1 Like

Well, to be fair, due to powercreep we really shouldn’t be running units like Cormag or Heath without max merges. They’re not like Brave Ike (broken prf) or Duo Ephraim (really good stats) so they need merges to actually keep up, somewhat, with the powercreep.

For Heath, if you’re boosting his resistance enough then he should be fine depending on who he’s trying to tank. Of course green mages are a no go, but blues and reds he should be fine against… Except for AoE Ophelia and maybe Lull Atk/Res + Heavy Blade 4 or Lancebreaker Reinhardt…

2 Likes

Heath is… ok I guess I would change some stuff

That Cormag build is sort of a mess tbh. Sturdy Impact, a PP skill, Brash Assault, a PP skill, and Vantage, an EP skill…

Then brave lance, a PP skill. Very confusion. Vantage is doing nothing, replace with his native dull close most likely

Brash Assault isn’t a great skill I guess Sturdy blow could work. Then aim to kill with the brave lance double tap.

Heath I would use QR in seal. Don’t worry it’s far from outclassed it’s still one of the best skills for a lot of units.

Otherwise the Heath looks like a decent mixed tank I guess if you just use QR instead

2 Likes

Both are right i will make the adjustments, that is why run these posts to fix the units i want to build and invest, and both cormag and heath they are versatile in stats, i think they are designed for skill inheritance because you can be creative and transform the unit for different roles, my actual cormag runs the +6 def lance and the def speed stance.

2 Likes

With Cormag, I have some suggestions to make. At no merges, I’d suggest focusing on his strengths - Atk and Def. Honestly, His Atk drops a bit too low for comfort with Brave Lance’s Low BST. Even if you change his seal to Death Blow 3, he hits 56 Atk on initiation. 56 x 2 is still iffy. You’d have to run a +6 Atk buff from his team to reach 62 to start being in a comfortable Brave Lance KO range. I also thought about a Brave Lance build with Cormag, but it is discouraging that Cordelia does it better with her Prf, and access to +Atk IV, which essentially give her +6ish Atk over Cormag, which is very significant when your weapon hits twice.

His native Slaying Lance is good with Bonfire, as it ups his Damage output with both Weapon Mt and Specials. I’d recommend Quick Riposte in either B or Seal slot so he can reliably double opponents when he’s at full HP. Otherwise, he struggles to double without merges. Another good weapon for pure defense is Vanguard+ from Thea.

He can run a variety of good A slots, and if you put QR is his B Slot, he can run Iote’s shield or another Seal in Seal slot. (the new sturdy stance seal, for example, is a great choice) For his C slot, Flier support skills are great for a flier team, otherwise Atk Smoke is an excellent option for repeated tanking. Hope this helps some, and if you want any more build advice from me on him, feel free to ask. (I’m not the “authority” on it or anything, but I’ve made some builds for him) He’s a cool unit.

2 Likes

Thanks yes i had run him with his slaying lance and i swaped to bonfire to trigger his special more frecuently, you are right about cordelia, and i will run him in a flier emblem team, but i wanted either him or heath to have the brave lance, and i will merge them up (when i get the grails and feathers + i finished my other grail projects) the builds i posted were intended to see if it would be good in their raw state (which arent)
And thanks i also run smoke c skills in most of my units.

Heath is now the res tank because he has +4 raw res than cormag.
Actually i sacrificed a 5 star thea to cormag for his A,B and weapon ( he became my main blue melee tank excellent in TT).

2 Likes

That’s awesome!!

I agree with your setup then, Heath has higher Res and Cormag has higher Atk, so Cormag would make better use of the Brave Lance. I’d recommend either Death Blow 4 or Sturdy Impact, like you’re thinking, for Brave Lance Cormag’s A slot, and for Seal slot probably Death Blow 3. Even if Cordy does it better, it’s a strong, viable build for him, particularly after merges.

Here’s a set I was thinking of (this was before Death Blow 3 seal was released)

But this is the build I’m actually using/went with in the end: (except mine’s at +9, waiting for re-run to save on grails for the last copy)

2 Likes

Both builds are pretty solid, I had spent all my grails on Zephiel but i have 300 and saving to finish brunya, next astram, cormag, heath and maybe iago and kronya. kronya has the CC special Spiral build. I build them to +2 and after that i farm for grails then merge them.

1 Like

See you guys tomorrow i must sleep.

2 Likes

These are a couple I have for him- the changes are just whether or not he’s in an all-flier team. I took mine a lot more defensively, it’s worked out well.

3 Likes

this is the super def melee lance flier

2 Likes

Why use a tier 4 lance flier when you can use a tier 5 lance flier?

2 Likes

well because i have his adoptive daughter +1 and since she demoted she its better.

1 Like

Don’t you like how neutral Altena has less speed than Travant? Travant is freaking slow too.
Also I have Altena as well

Don’t ask about the B skill, I wasn’t thinking.

1 Like

fear not i gave her QR from picnic leo 5 star from TT, she is pretty solid so i will swap her with cormag in the defensive roll.

1 Like

Were you about to criticize my B slot before realizing I criticized my B slot?

2 Likes

No I was about to say how it’s a good b slot then realized I was the dumb one and it is a bad b slot.

2 Likes

I killed a cormag for it. I’m the dumb one.

2 Likes