Tips and tricks for T21

Hi everyone!

I’m trying to push into Tier 21 in Arena, but no luck so far… Maybe you guys have some tips for me?

This is the team I’m running:

Current bonus unit:

I win like 99% of my matches, but I keep hanging around in tier 18/19/20. What am I doing wrong?
Tha KS for the help :)

4 Likes

I think the main issue is that your units aren’t optimized for scoring. :feh_maethink:

Scoring in Arena depends on three things: BST of a unit, total amount of SP for every skill on a unit, and the merges a unit has. Nino and Celica are both at +10, but their BST is relatively low compared to other units since they’re both Gen 1 mages. Merges make the biggest difference so they should still be decent, but R Duel Infantry and G Duel Infantry can make a big difference if you have the fodder. The total SP their skills cost can also be raised, giving them both Aether and Duel Rallies for example. Peony is unmerged, so replacing her with a different unit that has more merges might be better. Lyn looks fine since she’s just a bonus unit, but remember to make sure she gets at least a kill every match. Hope this helps explain things a little. :eyes:

5 Likes

Like GamingBro said, your units aren’t well optimized for scoring. He basically already explained why and how to improve it, but I’ll add that even with a more optimized team it can be hard to get to T21. Take my own team for example.

Summary

Plus whoever my bonus unit is.

Not perfectly optimal but pretty good. Despite this I’ve never made it to T21. So don’t be too discouraged if you have some trouble getting there.

2 Likes

The only time I ever made it was when L! Ike was a bonus on Earth Season. :feh_morganagrom:

Note that it’s also important to fish for the highest scoring opponents. I needed a round of 742s with one 744 to secure it.

5 Likes

Which I swear still surprises me. Our cores shouldn’t be that different in terms of scoring, and I can still make it to Tier 21 even with the Askr trio.

3 Likes

Just want to add that build SP cost only matters every 100 points spent, so a 1890 SP build scores like a 1800 SP one, as far as I understand. Might want to use Laws of Sacae depending on circumstances.

2 Likes

Yep, scoring potential is everything. Tier 21 demands you get over 740 per round, and the bonus points for a focus unit kill (so 750-ish.) Doesn’t matter how well your team synergizes, defeats the enemy, etc. If you don’t hit those points, you’ll never get there.

Great team, don’t get me wrong, but mages and bows will never score well. This round I scored 3748 (740 average and 12 bonus points every round) and I ALREADY got kicked out of tier 21.

2 Likes

I usually just barely don’t seem to make it :feh_elisad: Catria and Fae could be scoring a bit higher with dual rallies but I find the assists they have more useful. Although Echidna will be replacing Fae once I’m done merging her.

They’re almost always more useful, the universe knows how I suffer sometimes trying to get certain wins without positioning skills, but they may be necessary. How high of a score can you farm for a single match?

2 Likes

I already love you :feh_nino:

3 Likes

^This. Once you have a score-optimized team, chasing matchups is necessary. I’ll show you the run I made earlier today. Total score 3764 (avg. 752.8), which costed me approximately 14 Dueling Crests (I only accepted matches of 742 and higher):

I’m fairly certain that this score will push me into T21 but it will not be sufficient to stay. I promote and demote, which is more than sufficient for me.

2 Likes

But that’s the thing with arena, most of the time useful /= best scoring

1 Like

According to the score calculator, and using my Alfonse as a generic example as a bonus unit, it’s saying 726-740 range. Although I think I’ve scored higher before so it might be off.

Ya know, I gotta ask, how do you make collages of your team like that, any app I’ve tried doesn’t work

Like what usually happens is I make it to T21 after my first matches if things go well, but end up falling back to T19 by the end of the season :feh_elisad:

It’s called Fotor, you can get it from the Google Play Store. I think it’s good for this kind of stuff :vulcan_salute:

3 Likes

Big thing I always look at is if the units have desperation, for whatever reason. Desperation does not score as well and it makes me angry that it doesn’t score well.

1 Like

I’m rank 56 right now with an average of 746 (+12) points per match.

4 Likes

My top scoring units are all sword infantry, and the only Bonus unit I have is Alfonse. :feh_elisad: I usually use my Oscar, but being Calvary, he doesn’t score as well

1 Like

Same here, my favorite bonus unit :fgo_astolfo:

Random but if we’re talking about Arena here, my run just got ruined on the last battle by a Galeforce Ares. The guy had Dark Mystletainn with Galeforce. :feh_notlikethis:

2 Likes