Tips for using B!Marth :feh_marththink: Doing meth *cough* I mean ''math'' with Marth

Hi! I’m Marth! Today I’m going to stand in front of a +10 L!Chrom and a L!Sigurd and hope for the best! I’m only +1 so wish me luck!

I did some mock battles today and I want to share my thoughts on B!Marth. I think the key to using B!Marth is to get all of the effects from Genesis Falchion active without the need to initiate. The vantage effect isn’t there to wipe the entire enemy team (because it won’t…) It’s their to help with his sustain. Btw, getting to the total of 60 bonuses is really not that hard as you may think! :feh_marththink:

The easiest and cheapest way to do this is to give 2 mythics Atk/Def link and Spd/Res link. These links are easily accessible because you can get them from the grail shop. Give one of them swap, making it easier to stay in the back. Reginn is a good option because of mobility.

Just one swap an you’re already at 48. Now all you need is one of your units to have a total of 12 to reach 60. B!Marth already gives everyone +6 attack, getting that last +6 couldn’t be easier with the Res Opening seal :feh_thinkinglikelukas: (other Opening, Gap and Tactics skills are also an option but the seal is probably the easiest to slap on someone)

There are ofcourse units that you need to look out for. One that took me by surprise was Y!Innes, but it makes sense considering his special deactivates Spurn and hits really hard.

Other things to look out for:

• Hardy Bearing (especially if the enemy has a pre-charged special)
  • Other skills that negate damage reduction
  • Panic Manor/Smoke/Sudden Panic (If you’re not using Ashera)
  • Really bulky blue units like Duessel, D!Ephraim and b!Hector

Thanks for coming to my ted talk :cat:

20 Likes

Why don’t you use DC + A/S solo in seal, instead of distant surge & MB? You lose on 1 HP per combat and half damage from staves, for +6 Atk (or really any stat you want) +1 spd

:fgo_mordredthink:

5 Likes

What you suggested is probably better, but I do kinda like taking half damage from staves. Some staff units like Y!L’Arachel can do quite a bit of damage if they get danced. He can also stall staves for days while I get the pots. Like shown in the video

2 Likes

Yeah. Distant Pressure really doesn’t seem that good tbh. The recoil damage is a huge issue for it.

4 Likes

True, Distant Pressure is a weird skill with its recoil damage. +5 speed ain’t really worth 5 damage

4 Likes

Nice Soth bro, hope you’ve fun with him

4 Likes

Pair him with Fae for easy +20 to everyone

Though idk if Fae is worth running in AR, I never play that

6 Likes

I hate that he got this stupid “upgrade” DC skill…you powercreep the hell out of everything and then you give us a new DC skill with recoil damage?! psshhh

7 Likes

GK: Gets a better CC with no caveats
Marth: DC with +5 speed but you take damage

Also minor nitpick but they take the place of DC and CC when you filter skills by “best” :feh_hecstare:

7 Likes

Exactly, like why make CC like that and then shit on DC :catmad:

5 Likes

Perhaps that’s the true benefit GK got for winning first :feh_thinkinglikelukas:

6 Likes

Haha, probably :catcry:

4 Likes

close foil pros over upgraded cc:
+5 attack
upgraded cc pros over close foil:
can counter dragons
idk it’s not much of an upgrade as it is a horizontal option

5 Likes

better than 5 damage lol

3 Likes

well yeah, the issue is that distant foil/ward have always been considered inferior at best to DC, while close foil was widely utilized because dragons haven’t been true meta for a while.
so when this upgraded DC that can counter everything comes along, and it gives a valuable buff, i suppose such power had to come with consequences, or else people would complain that it would literally be DC but better, while the CC is much more tame. in any case, it’s good for like, fallen celica.

4 Likes

Marth is indeed good with just one copy for utility alone. I’m holding off to see what his legendary counterpart will have in store for refine. Plus better to get him in the fest banners anyways.

Meanswhile someone else got my money:

Here’s my near save Gustav all serious and deliberate

And… he’s gone…

5 Likes

Yeah, Crafty Fighter Gustav straight up loses because Eirika ignores Guard and turns his massive Def against him

Special Fighter Gustav can beat her with a strong enough Bonfire, though

3 Likes

Yeah, Eirika has that Infinity Gauntlet snap power lol

3 Likes

Hey look, it’s Brave Eirika! Let’s get her

4 Likes

Yeh. I kinda expected he would take some big dents but straight up complete annihilation supprised me a little.

But yeh you die if you got weak defense. You are super dead if you got high defense.

2 Likes