To no one's surprise, I have a dilemma

Okay so I said that I would save my orbs for brave Alm and Eli’s reruns during cyl. I currently have around 150 orbs saved up BUT
Deirdre’s revival just came up and I really want merges for her. She’s only at +1 but so is my B!Alm and B!Eli.
I haven’t spent any orbs on any banners, not even hero fest or the pirate banner just for this cyl and I just need some consolation that it’s okay not to spend on Deirdre. Unless I should???
Oh no, this isn’t good.

4 Likes

Deirdre isn’t all that good compared to other recent dragon killers.

Legendary Julia is much stronger statwise.

Thrasir doesn’t have the Res but has significantly higher Atk and Spd potential.

Basically she’s been powercrept hard even after her refine. Personally I like Tiki’s and Linde’s potential so I wouldn’t mind rolling on this banner, but Eliwood and Alm will be more useful for longer given the time they came out, skills, etc.

4 Likes

She’s bound to rerun again so I wouldn’t spend, also if you like her build her.

7 Likes

I’ll say up front that the other two are probably more useful. Going for them seems smarter to me.

It really depends on what you want and who you like most though. Priorities. :ferdbirb:

2 Likes

Do we even know this will happen? I don’t remember other CYL events rerunning the previous years’

3 Likes

I actually recall that they did have reruns, so :feh_lucyshrug:

1 Like

Oh I definitely know there are much better choices but I do like Deirdre. It’s one of those “build units that you like” type things

1 Like

Okay. I have decided. I will save. I will be strong.
Thank you all so much for telling me what I needed to hear.

2 Likes

Well that was a year ago, idk :feh_lucyshrug:

Only time I remember CYL reruns is the anniversary where they show up on Hero Fest

4 Likes

Just remember that if you end up spending you’ll be showing weakness and not following on what you said, and I will judge you for it :feh_idunnstare:

2 Likes

Well I can’t tell you not to roll for a unit you like. If I had any orbs I’d be rolling for Linde, and in the past I’ve sacrificed a lot for Felicia, Noire, Azura, Velouria, etc. So I have a soft spot for “units who will probably be written off.”

1 Like

And you get the merge from Divine TP so that’s a thing

2 Likes

oh no, anything but that.

I will be strong

2 Likes

ususfuk

2 Likes

Deirdre is ethereal and every time she is on a banner i wish for her to be my free summon, sadly i don’t have a copy of her yet, but the truth is Thrasir for example totally out shines her and i do have a Thrasir, and thats only speaking about green tomes, L!Julia is another dragon killer with huge attack and good B skill.
Deirdre is beautiful but i think i would only try to summon her if i had like 1000 orbs so i won’t risk not having enough if a future banner interests me, and even then i would think it twice.

3 Likes

Deirdre is the best waifu from the best game so blow those orbs. She’s also a pretty okay close counter dragon killer with her refine, but is definitely powecrept.

If you’re summoning for love spend.
If you’re summoning for meta, save

3 Likes

GO DEIRDRE. She is best waifu. She is good. The game hates Genealogy, especially gen 1 units so you can prove them wrong. She can solo everything (see wylia’s vids on youtube) And she’s underused! <3

1 Like